Universal Demon's Rise 2: Lords of Chaos (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Is it possible to have the footstep sound effects be in unison with the walking animation?

There appears to be only one sound effect (running) and, for instance, when you have a slow moving Ogre it just sounds wrong.

Also when a character stops they keep their walking animation going for another second.

2. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Seems like there are still some navigation issues with the new system on of the castle maps. I'm uploading another patch that hopefully fixes this issue.

3. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    There are actually two sounds ... a walking sound and a running sound that play depending on how fast the character is moving. I can (and eventually will) tweak the sounds to better suit the size of the walker / runner but haven't got that done yet. Regarding the run animations, I do need to tweak it but it takes time because I have to do it per character.

4. corpuscule

corpuscule Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Agile Software Engineer
    France
    I'm going to give the new character a try. I couldn't use its spells yet, currently it reminds me of Demon's Rise 1 centaur with its fighting style, which is cool.

However a dead guard body is giving me woes again. It was killed by my bear counter attack. After that, another guard moved around his dead body and the body started spinning. A few moves later, I bring my orc and when it gets next to the body, to flickered and stopped spinning... Leaving my orc stuck, with a walking animation but unable to move anymore :sad:

I'm trying to upload screenshots now (the Wi-Fi isn't always great in hostels).

5. corpuscule

corpuscule Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Agile Software Engineer
    France
    Mmm I noticed the body was still flickering a bit, like it was stuck inside the fence. So I sped up the game (the body began moving at +2 speed). Now my orc has arrived on its hex, and the body just spins and wiggles without seeming to find any rest.

I'll upload some fine shots later!

6. corpuscule

corpuscule Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Agile Software Engineer
    France
  7. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks, I'll fix that point on the map.

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Pushing an update today that fixes more navigation bugs and adds a new character, the Death Knight:

[​IMG]Death Knight by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

He's similar to the Undead Champion from Demon's Rise 1 in that he's fearless and has a high intimidation. He's a bit more magically inclined and has spells that focus on both hurting an enemy and corroding their armour. So his abilities will often reduce a target's armour stat permanently for the battle. Should be a good melee / mage hybrid and his fear abilities combined with a teleport / regen should be interesting. He can also summon a powerful undead ally in battle.

9. Abdulhaqq

Abdulhaqq Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Android

I absolutely love your games. Do you know when these updates will be added to android ? The DR and STH ones. I really wanna try the death knight and the UI updates to strike team. Thanks

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Should be really soon. I just want to make sure they are reasonably stable on iOS first. It takes a lot of time to switch my development platform from iOS to Android. As such, I don't want to release a buggy version on iOS and then switch to Android because (a) the same bugs will be on Anroid and (b) I won't be able to submit a fix for those bugs quickly to iOS.

Assuming this update that I submit today doesn't have any issues, then the Android versions should be out next week.

11. oscarjavier

oscarjavier Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Australia
    Ok not sure if it just me but my characters now are able to move indefinitely. Pretty sure this wasn't the case before the update ie I can move a character to the furthest point it allows. Click on the character again and I can move again. basically with any character I can move to any point on the map within a single turn.

12. corpuscule

corpuscule Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Agile Software Engineer
    France
    OMG you're right! Huge bug spotted.

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep, I just realized that as well. I have fixed it on my end and will upload a fix today. Sorry about that.

14. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Fix is with Apple. I also fixed the bug where sometimes characters would walk around a corner in a very wide arc.

15. oscarjavier

oscarjavier Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Australia
    Update is live

16. corpuscule

corpuscule Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Agile Software Engineer
    France
    Seen it! But I'm under the impression that something changed... Sometimes I move a unit a few hex away, thinking I can move it elsewhere since it has some distance left but I can't move it a second time. Is it just me, I forgot how this game worked? Or is it the reverse bug from the last time, instead of infinite movement we sometimes get reduced movement?

17. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, looks like you're right. You can still move multiple times in a move, but every time you do, you lose 1 tile of movement. So for example, if you have 5 movement range and decided to move 3 tiles and then attack. When you go to finish your remaining moves, you'll only have 1 tile left of movement rather than 2.

Sorry about that. I'll put in the list of things to fix. It's not a huge issue so I won't rush out a fix for now. I'll collect any other tweaks and maybe release when I add the next character.

18. corpuscule

corpuscule Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Agile Software Engineer
    France
    Ok, so this is why it felt kinda random !

It doesn't seem easy to do regression testing in games. I work as an IT engineer but not in the gaming industry, though I enjoyed reading stuff from Riot Engineering about how they did it for League of Legends, and all the work it required !

19. Polybios

Polybios Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    It looks like a great game.

Are there other languages supported, German?

Thank you!

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    No, I'm sorry but I don't have it localized for any other languages.