Universal Demon's Rise 2: Lords of Chaos (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This scares me, the part about time limits.
    I love turnbased tactical rpg's simply because I can take my time and carefully plan my next move.

I absolutely hate the game forcing me to rush.
    I hope there will not be many missions with that shenanigans.

And adding it to Demons Rise 1...... that is real sad. #

2. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    #62 WaveLightGames, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    When I say time limits, I mean only that you have to finish some objective within 12 turns. I realize now that "time limit" was a poor choice of words. I've corrected it. You can still take as much time as you want each turn ... it's just that you have to do something within a limited number of turns.

3. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I like this "mode", forces to make the player make his moves count as if the game depends on it.

4. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    Trying to balance this AND ember is hard I don't know which to play at any given moment.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Played 2 maps so far and I am impressed! The graphics are great, especially when using spells and abilities. I used a few skills and was like whoahhhh that was pretty cool, like one of them has a knight putting fire on his sword then being able to throw that fire as a ranged spell.

6. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    That abilities cool but my knight always misses lol

7. Admiralbison

Admiralbison Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Hello Wavelight,

Apologies if this has already been asked, but does it have MFI support or will there be plans to add it in the future?

8. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    Have you played the game? I don't think MFI makes a whole lot of sense for the game and how it's controlled.

9. Admiralbison

Admiralbison Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Hmm.. scratch that as I just realized it's a turned based strategy so it may not make sense to have MFI.
    Let me just delete this pesky MS Excel app that I don't use for work, and put something more important on like this game.
    :p

10. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    Ya MFI doesn't make sense

11. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Same here!

12. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Hey Dev, Just glancing at the starting chars... I think you should've started the game with the basic classes. Then branch out later. Just my two cents.

13. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    About a year and a half ago, I had all but given up on mobile gaming due to my inability to embrace the F2P game design. I skipped buying a new iPad, and bought a MacBook Pro instead, thinking that PC gaming was the place for me. But in the past year, culminating with this week in particular, I've seen a strong resurgence in A-List premium games. I'm giving my MacBook to my wife because I'm just not opening it anymore.

iOS premium gaming is back!

(Sorry for hijacking this thread; I'm just so damned happy <SNIFF>).

14. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    Hahaha the games great, hopeful it can support the Dev past his expectations

15. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    That's the big question, for sure. I'm hopeful these days because most of these A-List games don't join the "race to the bottom" like they used to, which is what killed premium gaming on mobile the first time around.

16. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm happy to see this being discussed as an A-list game. Beyond the dedication and passion for building a quality game for the community, the talent attached to this dev is enormous. Hats off!

17. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Bought. God knows when or if I'll get time to play much. I'm a total war lover and I still bought this first. Want to support incredible developers like this one. This does look amazing and I'll try to do a review soon. I know those can help sales.

18. N2L

N2L Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I am worried about you because you are becoming more diabolical with each passing day! :D

19. N2L

N2L Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I see. Yeah, I don't think that is available right now.

20. N2L

N2L Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I see. Yeah, we can't do that right now; it would be a great feature to have.