Universal Demon's Rise 2: Lords of Chaos (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Bought!

Like I said... totally bought!!

2. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Is there Cloud support to go between iPhone and iPad?

3. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    ITS OUT!!!!!!

The only thing that's bothering me is how the Dev handles the IAP because they'll be added (even though he says "we'll let the release play out")Please don't get offended by this Dev i'm just saying lol you should understand what I'm saying.

Also, I know you said about adding characters as IAP, understand you need the money. But do IAP that unlock all "extra hero content" or make them like $0.99. I hate it when these types of games charge $1.99+ for extra heroes. That's valuing 25% of the game (for the $5 release price) for one hero that just doesn't make sense. Although I wouldn't mind something along the lines of $2.99 Unlock All Heroes from now until lifetime. And another thought, if you plan to release extra heroes as IAP what kind of free content updates can we expect? Will all content addons be IAP or will few be IAP and some will be free content updates.

In this day and age, IAP purchases go 2 ways, there isn't any middle ground. It either benefits the game and doesn't cause problems or completely destroys it. Interested to see how the IAP play out.

Keep in mid as I've said I don't mind IAP as long as there "worth jt" especially when it supports indie devs. I don't have a problem with IAP's because that's the only way indie games or big games in general have to survive wether we like it or not. Please just don't abuse IAP's like 2k and EA does with there games. Also, I'm sorry but the Icon is hideous and I think the first the game icon is hideous to, but hey, just my opinion good luck to ya

Congratz on the release I purchased the game, the game looks solid and well-done, I'll do my best to promote it, cheers to you!

4. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for sharing your concerns. I wanted to reply to the upcoming thread but it was closed when the game launched.

I honestly haven't decided but if I do a paid in-app for extra content, it would be the traditional DLC model. It would be 5 characters and some extra patrol levels for $2.99. I may just add the extra characters for free as part of the update cycle. For Demon's Rise 1, I added 6 extra characters and about 20 levels over the course of the year completely free. May just do that again for this game. For me, a big part of the question is whether I want to spend time learning how to code in-apps or just spend time working on more fun stuff.

5. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Not at the moment. I'm hoping to add this as part of a future update.

6. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    #46 Gunther4C, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    After playing the game for a while I must say the A.I. On normal mode is underwhelming. They never use there abilities and enemy archers are so bad it's not even funny, they miss 95% of there turns, when they melee it does like 1 damage, and when they arrow you it hardly does damage as well.

7. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Is that just early game ? ^

This is going to be my first time playing a DR game, but think I'm going to just start on a harder mode in that case, someone let me know =]

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I think that's just the early level characters. On normal difficulty, there is a 33% chance that each unit will attempt to use an ability (if they have one). There are some units like higher level wizards and enemy leaders that have a higher % chance. On higher difficulty, the enemy have a higher % chance to attempt an ability. All the stats like attack damage also depend on difficulty. If you find it easy, you can just adjust the difficulty before you play each level.

In terms of the AI, it's actually pretty good. It uses cover when it can and will try to move to rune stones and totems to take advantage of them. Typically, an enemy will also retaliate against whoever attacked them but not always. It also uses abilities intelligently to target enemies with area effect spells while not hurting themselves and such. There is an element of random chance though so the AI won't always make the best move possible but for me that's more interesting than an AI that always does the best possible move. The latter makes things way to predictable in my opinion. I actually tried both and preferred the version where they generally act smart but there is a bit of randomness ("fuzzy" AI logic).

THanks for your feedback. :)

You can adjust touch sensitivity in the Options. I think the default is good for iPhone but fast for iPad. I would slow it down to what suits you. I may just make it slower by default in the next patch.

9. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    Hmmmm, I couldn't find the option to reduce camera movement sensitivity?

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    It's just the early levels. I don't want to give away the plot but there is a reason why the enemies you fight in the first 3 to 4 levels are just weak peasants. They are basic archers and spearmen with the occasional professional soldier. Level 5 onwards, you will face higher quality enemy.

11. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    #51 Gunther4C, Nov 10, 2016
    These are just my personal recommendations after a while of playing several missions. A lot of my insight comes from playing the old old war hammer games, the new Xcom games and many more such as baldurs Gate. Also, I may be prejudging my reccomenstions too soon, for example later in the game the archers may have better accuracy at father distances but I haven't beaten the game so I could be PreJudging. Will constantly update post. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•2-Finger camera movement needs to be adjusted as it's too sensitive and I often spend 30sec just to adjust, just tone it down.

•An option to confirm if that's where I want to move, too often I've moved on accident or to where I didn't meant too.

•
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Man this game is so fun though! Playing while watching The Hobbit. :p

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    It should be there unless I did something silly. It's in the Game Options tab. There is a slider for Pan / Zoom speed and Rotation speed. Turn them both down and you should be good. There's also an option to add on-screen camera controls that mean you can just press a button to move the camera around and not bother pinching / unpinching or rotating with 2 fingers.

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    A 15% hit chance suggests the target was behind hard cover. Did you see a full shield icon next to him when you were shooting? There is a directional cover system so you should try to manoevre so that line of sight to the target isn't impeded by cover. You may be hiding the shield icons by using the button that hides the life bars / Shield icons.

Check the options. I will think about an option to confirm movement though I'm not really leaning towards it at the moment. Hope that helps. I'm also a former warhammer player, by the way.

14. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    Ahhhhh, I found it. The Audio and Gameplay options were just so shadowed out I couldn't see them only the first tab labeled Graphics

15. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks for all your feedback, ok then I'm going to dive in now ! Going to be first of your games so I'm excited by seeing all your great feedback and the love of your fans! I also agree with your "fuzzy" ai logic it sounds awesome! Talk to you guys soon =D

16. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    I removed my insight on the archer, that may have been it but I didn't have the life bar and stuff hidden and it happened to me on 2 occasions, I could've been wrong and just not noticed.

Also a confirm to movement would be nice as an option and not by default, not necessary feature but a more favorable option at least for me, as I tend to play these games like chess.

17. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree, the approach to the A.I. System sounds fantastic, maybe I needed to dive in more before making assumptions as I've only played for about 2-3hrs on many missions

18. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    #58 RLennon, Nov 10, 2016
    Sounds good, and congrats on the release. I am the proud owner of both DR1 and DR2.

Did I read correctly? When you make updates to DR3 (sorry, forgot the full name), those updates will be added two DR2 AND DR1? Essentially, it's 'No game left behind', right? If so, that is insanely brilliant strategy to fostering a strong game following.

This, and your lightning quick responses to gamer queries, and I'm surprised some of the big game companies aren't knocking on your door with contracts in hand.

Rob

19. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    I think he mentioned something along the lines of no game left behind but that might be pretty hard for him to keep up with

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, that's right ... a lot of the improvements made in DR1 over the past 9 months were actually created first in DR2 development and then back-ported. I'll do the same as I work on the next DR game. I like to maintain a uniform level of quality.

Thanks ... so far, I've had some interested parties but mostly Chinese publishers that then figured out the game wasn't suited well for that market.