Universal Demon Hunters - Upcoming Turn-based Dungeon Crawler from Wave Light Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Patrol levels are chosen randomly but the range of possible levels move ahead as you complete the main quests. So when your on quest 1, only patrol levels 1 to 8 are available. When you go to quest 2, patrol levels 1 to 16 are now available. When you move to quest 3, the patrol levels available might be 5 to 25 or something.

As you progress, you unlock more patrol levels that are generally harder and easier ones from the beginning fall off so you typically shouldn't keep playing the same ones again and again. Also the patrol levels tend to follow the story progression of the main quests as well.

The idea is too allow you to grind for experience in a more interesting and enjoyable way. The quest difficulty after the middle of level 2 really does get pretty high now on normal difficulty. So players will need play patrol levels when they come across harder quest levels that they can't beat initially. Honestly, the patrol levels are probably the most enjoyable encounters in the game as they feature some really unusual one-off designs.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    and
    The patrol stages I played during testing were indeed really good.
    Which is why I think it's a shame that you can only access them randomly.
    In your example of quest 3, you only have a 1 in 25 chance to see a specific stage. And it's highly likely that you need to play a lot more than 25 runs to see them all.

3. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    That's all part of the replay value .... after all, you can only choose 6 out of 24 playable character classes. By design, you won't see all the cool stuff in the game in a single play through. :cool:

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    The game is finally in review stage with Apple!

Let's hope they like it. :)

5. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    ... and Demon's Rise has been approved!

Strange really that they went from reviewing to approved so quickly. But who are we to question things that we don't understand?

So let's get things moving for launch. The launch date will be August 20th. We need a bit more time to do some publicity and send out promo codes to review sites and such.

So to celebrate ... here's some new pictures!

[​IMG]Screen Shot 2 by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

[​IMG]iPhone Screenshot 1 by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

[​IMG]Screen Shot iPad by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
  7. Grifman

Grifman Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Great, now get to work on the sci-fi version!

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Let the poor man have some well-deserved rest ;)

9. Grifman

Grifman Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Read above.

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm actually looking forward to working on the sci fi version. Though I've gotta spend the next few months supporting this release with new content and levels and such. I will probably start work on the sci fi version though and will start up a separate thread for that to get ideas and input from you guys. Not to state the obvious but if you want the sci fi version, best way to help would be pick up this release and help spread the word. :)

On other news, I put together a press kit page today on the main site and re-worked the site a bit. We're going to spend the next few days trying to solicit as many review sites as possible to check out the game with promo codes. If anyone has contacts in the industry, by all means point them towards the press kit page and reach out to us for a promo code:

http://www.wavelightgames.com/press-kit.html

11. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Been following this thread for quite some time and can't wait to finally play this game. The new screen shots you put up look fantastic. Congrats on the approval!! Hope this game is a success for you.

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i hope so too :) 8 months later i will finally play it!

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks guys ... looking forward to the release as well. Really hope it exceeds your expectations (and the sales exceed ours :))

Hard at work on the promotional side as well as working on the first update. Here's a teaser image of one of the new Dwarves Knights / Elites:

[​IMG]Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 8.21.51 AM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

Armed in full plate armour and equipped with a double handed hammer. These will be more of an offensive dwarves class whereas the existing Dwarf fighter (Iron Guard) are more defensive). Not sure of a name yet ... thinking possibly "Shield Breakers" or "Hammerborn" or possibly just "Dwarf Noble".

Probably won't be a playable class but will instead be an controllable NPC for certain quest and patrol levels.

14. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Added some more info on the first content update on the games web site:

http://www.wavelightgames.com/update-1teaser.html

The update will be heavily undead-focussed with a whole slew of new undead enemies to fight ... including an Undead Dragon! :cool:

15. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Could you make the green and red hexagons/circles under the units optional, or showing only for the selected/ target friend or enemy unit?

I believe the "little too green" look is coming from the glow of the circles.

16. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Not really ... the circles serve a purpose in the morale system. If a unit panics, the circle is yellow and if the unit goes berserk, it changes to purple. The indicator circles are quite toned down on a real device. In the picture I showed, I adjusted colours to make the dwarf brighter against the background so I think that's why the circles look brighter than they do in game.

17. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    owww awesome! :)

18. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys,

Quick little update. Here's a pic of the Void Reaper ... a very powerful enemy that will show up in the first update:

[​IMG]Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 10.04.40 AM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

There will be an article posted on the web site later today about this beast. Having some issues uploading it actually ... not sure what's going on. :confused:

We've also submitted the game to the good folks at Touch Arcade and other places so let's hope for some reviews. They can really make or break a game in the mobile space. :)

19. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
  20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male