Universal Demon Hunters - Upcoming Turn-based Dungeon Crawler from Wave Light Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Sorry,

I just don't have the time to read through over 100 pages of
    this forum.

What will the price be for this game?

Thanks

2. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for your interest. It'll have an introductory price of $2.99. Full price will eventually be $4.99.

3. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Thank you!

I will being buying it as soon as it comes out , as this looks pretty sweet!

Thanks

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Final rounds of polish is going well. Found lots of minor little things and fixing them. Going to spend a few more days in quality checks before submitting. Here's a cool pic I took from my iPhone 5 this morning ... the undead emerging out of a hellish portal with only a dwarf Stone Priest to stand in their way. Good thing he's packing a new shield.

[​IMG]image by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

5. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Hi there. Any idea on a rough install size? Will likely need to clear some games to make room. Keep up the great work, this is a day one purchase for me.

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the kind words .... they're very encouraging. It's taking up 991MB of space on my test device.

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Great to see that you are finally reaching release after all this hard work. Been waiting for this since January :)

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey ... great to see you again on this thread. I hope the game lives up to your expectations. By the way, I added your screen name to the credits page as you gave a lot of great insight and helped shape this game.

9. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys ... here's a pic I took this morning in testing. It's a Goblin Hero that currently exists only on one of the patrol levels. He's a vicious melee fighter with a magical, burning sword. He also has some unique abilities he can use during battle.

[​IMG]goblin boss by raj_dhillon, on Flickr

10. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thank you very much! I never abandoned this thread, i kept checking up and waiting to see when you would post about the apple sumbit, because after all, how many times can i post "instabuy" ;) So of course it lives up, you and the beta testers have done an awesome job. And a final suggestion, for the trailer :

Make those 30 seconds count. The previous page trailer shows only one character model, and one special attack. It's better if you scroll through as many of the playable characters as you can in that screen, showing their models, and then video edit one move-basic attack, and lots of fancy special attacks, about 1-2 seconds each in a pot-pouri from the fanciest moves.

11. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    You're probably right .... some time spent cycling through characters and then more of a montage of various character abilities would be better. I'll see if we have to update it before submission.

12. Alexwa

Alexwa Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Nice game

What is expect time for this game to come out?

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Submitting it to Apple end of this week. I assume they'll take a week or two to review it so it should be available August 1st, 2015.

14. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Been super busy just getting bugs ironed out and testing the game to try and get the difficulty right. Currently, it's still a bit on the easy side and level ups are too slow after level 3 so making some tweaks to get that working. I've also added some new advanced image effects like Bloom and Contrast Enhance, which make things look better. The optimizations I did earlier have saved performance so I've used that to add this special effects that players can toggle on or off in the options screen.

Here are some screen shots to show the effects:

Dwarf vs. Undead battle:

[​IMG]Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 12.40.10 PM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

A lone shadow elf assassin defends a bridge against an undead horde:

[​IMG]Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 12.41.17 PM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

A band of dwarfs supported by an Earth Golem and Steel Golem attack an undead formation:

[​IMG]Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 12.38.16 PM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

The above shots are all from the same level.

15. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Not really liking that second picture..too much green that if you didn't know there was a character on the bridge on the NW end..the southern character has yellow below it and it can be hard to see. In other words, there is a lot of green "bleed" in that one picture.

Everything looking good though...

16. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    The screenshots look good! Waiting to try it out!

17. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I agree. Too much green..
    All the other are ok.

18. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks guys ... I'll fix the colour bleed. It's caused by the Bloom image effect and is just set too strong. One line of code will fix that for the whole game so no big deal.

Quick update, things are looking good on all fronts. Just playing through now end-to-end and correcting any minor bugs found in the later levels. Experience points and levelling seem to be good and difficulty is trending up in the right direction. Other than minor bug fixes as I test out the remaining, not planning any further changes. Should be submitting this weekend.

Any feedback on the app preview video? I'm thinking of changing it slightly to be more action clips rather than 1 long clip.

19. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yes! please don't change anything else and release it so i can play it! I've been waiting for your game since December 2014 :)

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep ... not planning to add any new functionality until after release. Just going through each level and doing final sanity checks and checking for difficulty. Occasionally I'm finding some levels too easy and some too hard or just too long for an enjoyable experience and so I'm adjusting accordingly.