Universal Demon Hunters - Upcoming Turn-based Dungeon Crawler from Wave Light Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Wavelight: Salzbergen looks like middle of nowhere to me, and I'm from Bavaria originally, so I cannot give you any tips for sightseeing or such. Muenster isn't too far away and is pretty nice from what I know, but that's about all I know of that area.

In case you fly back from Amsterdam, and don't mind taking a small detour, feel invited to a coffee or beer ;) for the small Netherlands, you're practically driving through my frontyard on the way to Schiphol.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #1062 Nullzone, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Found the proper use for the Stonepriest's Earth Elemental, why didn't I think about this sooner:
    Portable bomb ;)
    Forget using it as additional attacker or tank. With enough AP to cast it twice per turn, I have a 98% chance to deal 75-100 damage, and with a 2 hex radius to boot.
    Even the 72% to get both out for a hefty 150-200 damage are pretty good.

I found it quite funny to blow up the Day 4 endboss Demon with a few Elementals.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just ran into an issue with Day 5 Stage 1:
    The door to leave the stage didn't open after I killed the last enemy.
    My best guess is that killing quite a few foes - including one of the Rivertrolls - by exploding Earth Elementals messed up the killcount.

I'll try again later if I can get the stage to end correctly with the above.
    Or, if not, what happens when I kill everyone normally.

4. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I think I remember this actually .... it's a bug that happens every time. I forget what caused it but I'm 99% sure I fixed it in my current version. I think you might be stuck, I'm afraid, until the next update.

5. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    That would be nice but I'm driving back to Amsterdam with some work colleagues and then flying out early the next morning (9am flight). However, I'll be back here again in September or so perhaps we could meet up then?

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Bad timing. Ah well, happens ;) You folks have a safe trip back then, fingers crossed for no air traffic controllers strikes etc.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if you are back in the old world in that one week where we are in Germany ;)
    If it works out, you are very welcome. I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

7. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. Managed to do a fair bit of work though not as much as I would have liked.

I'm up to 24 patrol levels now .... into the ones relevant to quest 3 (undead). I've also created 6 new types of undead enemy units ... all skeleton variants. Massive undead giants, undead knights, wizards and so forth. I'm going to go back and populate these into the various levels to add more variety.

8. Tar4ok7

Tar4ok7 Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Hi , will there be any beta test for android soon ?

9. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Release soon ??

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Probably but not until the ios version is finished. It takes a lot of time to convert the build to Android so I wouldn't want to do that until the ios version is done.

11. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Getting there ... I finished 28 bonus levels. I'd like to have 40 bonus levels for the initial release and then need some time to finish testing and polish a few things.

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys ... just a quick update. I'm working on a new play test build. Hopefully submitted to Apple by end of day tomorrow.

If anyone else wants to join, please let me know. This will likely be the final play test build.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Nice to hear ;)
    Sorry, had a really busy week. Still need to check in the current build if I can get past Day 5 Stage 1.

14. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    No probs. Quick update ... I'm up to 32 patrol levels now. I'm also adding a whole bunch of new demon units to give more variety (and greater challenge) for the levels involving demons. Weird units like giant flying skulls, demonic fish-like things and such.

Good thing is that I've found a new tool for creating mobile-friendly versions of 3d models in a tenth of the time it used to take me. Also the results look better and are more efficient. So creating new units is way easier.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    That sounds like you could leave the current version as is, and launch a second "Deluxe v2.0, now with lotsa weird stuff" right away ;)

16. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Quick update .... created the Dwarf Light Cleric / Priest. No abilities for him yet ... just the basic character. He looks like the Dwarf Ironguard but has less armour, a blonde beard, a glowing hand and a magic wand / staff instead of a hammer. He'll have light-themed magic and be primarily a spell caster but he will have more hit points than typical spell casters since he's a dwarf. He'll have a ranged attack and his magic will be focussed on buffing friends and blinding enemies as well as concentrating light into a laser beam type attack.

Just getting things ready for the next playlets version. It has greatly improved graphics (better textures for some characters and a high definition option in the options menu) as well as a whopping 32 varied patrol levels. The core quest difficulty is still unchanged though ... it's essentially the last major thing to change. I've created lots of new units but I need to give them abilities and then sprinkle them across the main quest levels to increase the main quest difficulty. After that ... it's just add a few more magic items and then add the tutorial and update the credits and it should be good to go. :)

17. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Dang ... just realized I did something silly. For some reason, all the custom versions of the allied dwarves in the patrol levels have reverted to the standard Dwarf Ironguard. So I'll have to redo all of those. Still not a huge issue .... though it might make some of the patrol levels much harder as they were originally designed to feature higher level versions of the Dwarf Ironguard and not regular level 1 guys. :(

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Ouch about the Dwarves. Good luck with sorting that out.

Difficulty: Definitely needs an increase. I started playing Chaos Rings 3, and compared to that DH is kindergarten playcorner, even on Hard ;)
    Just adding more monsters won't help, I'm afraid.
    The main problem I see is that I almost never get hit. Admitted, when something hits, chances are good it hits like a truck and one of my folks dies.
    But there are so many buffs and debuffs that it's easy to make the party almost invincible.
    The nastiest thing so far were enemy casters spamming that Shadowwitch Tentacles/"Hands rising from the ground" spell.

19. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    That's a good point. I think I'll have to tone down the effect of the buffs and debuffs. So rather than a debuffs doing -30% to hit chance, it will only do -15%. Combined with units that can do more abilities themselves including buff themselves, I'm hoping that will do it. I'll try to make some of those changes today before I submit the next version.

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Toned down some of the buffs and debuts and have added new abilities to the new undead and demon units. I still need to go through and populate the new units in the quest levels. However, I think I'll leave that to a subsequent release. I'm going to just put it all together now and create the new release and submit today.

I've also changed the level up formula so could all play testers please start a new team with this release? That way, I can more accurately judge the game difficulty and such.