Universal Demon Hunters - Upcoming Turn-based Dungeon Crawler from Wave Light Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Pushed out an update that has a crucial fix and an extra bonus level where you play as the new dragon hunter character.

2. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    Ugh, can't get further than 4-2. Keeps crashing after 1st round, regards of character. If I make it past 1st round w/out crashing the Demon boss moves
    but three out of five times, nothing happens after he moves. I don't get my turn back. If I get past that (I eventually killed the demon) the game still crashes during combat. Hopefully I can get
    the perfect flow and finish the level. Or the update...

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @cubanbass: is that the stage with the huge demon boss on the left side center, seen from where you start? If yes, I could finish that one without any problems. But then I killed the Demon on round 1 or 2 (cannot remember exactly); he didn't even move, just cast a spell and attacked once as far as I can recall.

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hmm ... that's a bit strange. I know of the crash bugs but I'm not aware of any bug that would not give control back to the player. There are quite a few hidden enemies in that level so perhaps the game is just doing their moves and ad they are out of sight, it looks like nothing is happening?

I'll try and play that level directly and see if there is anything different about it.

5. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    Yes, that demon is pretty impressive when I first saw it. I got into a good fight between the demon and a steel golem. I took him down in a couple of turns, the demon did not cast a spell but walked up to my golem and hit him.

I made it through that level but the next map is where there is a room full of monsters and four spellcasters in the center and a casting circle. The game slows down a lot for that one, I think it is because of all the actions of the monsters on the map. That level keeps crashing on me.

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Glad you got through it. The next level in the church is a huge level. Lots of enemies and more come in during the battle.

Which device are you using to test it?

Also, the next update is finally in review by Apple. Hopefully it'll get cleared and released today.

7. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    That's the level! I am using an iPhone 5S

8. smeevil

smeevil New Member

May 27, 2015
    Hi,

I was wondering if you are still looking for more testers ?
    If so, I'd like to help out using an iPad Air 2.

Gerard/

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Ah, that one. Worked fine for me, too. But I wouldn't be surprised if that was caused by killing the casters and demon (plus assorted small junk) right on turn 1.
    If it slows down so much, did you try with disabling all extra effects? Could be a memory issue, and if yes less blingbling might help.

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Sure ... send me a pm.

11. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    Will try disabling some effects tonight

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    That won't help on the crashes ... those should be fixed in next update. Lowering details will just speed stuff up and reduce battery drain.

13. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    update is ready!

14. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Invites for the next version (1.4) have been sent!

15. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    There is a somewhat amusing bug in version 1.4 that I just noticed. In one of the patrol levels, you fight alongside several dwarf dragon hunters against an elder wyvern. However, as soon as you end your first turn ... The wyvern just flies off into the horizon. :eek:

Sorry about that ... but that level was still in development when I did the upload. Other two patrol levels should work.

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Downloading too, just got the invite. Will start playing again maybe tonight already.

17. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Great ... can't wait to hear your thoughts.

I've played this version through to the start of quest 4 and I've not once run into a crash. So I'm hoping it's a similar story on other iOS devices. Also, in case you don't like the new life / action bars below the units, you can toggle them on or off freely with the new Info button on the top right of the screen. You can also access the stat sheets of enemy units much more easily by just clicking on an enemy and then pressing the ? button that appears in the top right of the screen.

18. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    New additions look great, I just have to confirm that there is something wrong with the rather large demon - the giant one on left hand side. Three times in a row I had to restart the dungeon after my first turn. The demon moves and does not release his turn. I waited for a good while each time, in case there were other monsters moving.

One time he made a left
    Hand turn towards the wall behind him and froze w/his back to the party.

The next time he turned and move in our direction but directly to his right and nabbed a skill potion

19. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    Yup, tried it again. Looks like I'm starting over with a new party as I can't get throughly this level with this game.

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Okay, I'll check it out. I'm almost at that level anyway ... I think I'm at the one just before it in my play through. I'll see exactly what's going on with that guy.

One thing I'm realizing is that the xp required to rise in level doesn't scale properly. In later levels, units basically gain a level each turn. I don't think that's how it should be .... it should still be 2 or 3 levels between level ups. I've changed the xp formula to require exponentially higher xp points to gain higher levels.