Universal Demon Hunters - Upcoming Turn-based Dungeon Crawler from Wave Light Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Also, I fixed that bug where the unit's stat lines are not refreshed properly at the start of the battle. Now the HP and AP and Attacks display correctly when you start a battle.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Oh, shiny! More toys to play with ;) Skeletor goes on my "must-have" list for the next playthrough.

Great job!

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    By the way:
    Is that on purpose, that the Shadow Witch's "Blood Frenzy" ability stacks?
    I just killed a 200HP Demon on turn 1, with room to spare ;)
    Any healing/regen skill can easily set off the HP loss, so that's not a real problem/downside for using it.
    As much as this rocks, it feels more than a bit overpowered. Remove the stacking, maybe?

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yeah, it's probably overpowered. Should I apply a cool down to prevent it from stacking or should I just switch from +3 attacks to +2 or +1?

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    At least +2 attacks seems pretty par for the course for other abilities, many of which even affect the whole team. But most of those are not available right from the start, and cost more AP.
    How does +2 attacks and cooldown till start of next round sound?

Sidenote: I have it on my list to try a team with all heroes that can give +att/dam, just to see how overpowered that can get ;)

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Please do ... I really appreciate the deep dive you're taking on the gameplay side of things.

7. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Quick note ... I fixed the screen moving during the Ability tool tip window. So now when you put your finger down on an ability button to show the tool tip, the screen will no longer move around in the background.

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Running into a weird bug with the buttons for restarting a level or quoting to the menu not working on the Game Over screen when you lose. Will try to fix that before releasing the next update.

9. Just started and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the class choices. Not in a bad way. Just wondering if I'll regret picking what looks cool, like the Minotaur, Golem Bot, Walkinng Canon, etc?

Also, sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the game doesn't seem to have backgrounding capabilities? If I minimize the game to do anything else, it restarts.

10. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    oh my god, this seems like a must-have game for me. i would LOVE to join the public beta!! please give me the link!

11. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Just play it a few times with different builds.

It does hibernate properly on some devices and not others for some reason. On my iPhone 5 and iPhone 6, you can put it on the background and replay it hours later. However on my ipad 2, going to the background ends the game. Not really sure why ... I'll try and fix it.

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Sure ... just pm me your test flight email.

13. MRBISCUTS96

MRBISCUTS96 Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Pm sent to your Facebook page for test flight the game looks fantastic, actually are you guys using Facebook messages? :confused: I hope so

14. #774 AppUnwrapper, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Hmm... On my iPhone 5, I minimized it for a few seconds and it restarted. :/ I am low on space -- could that be causing it?

I could play on my iPad, I guess... But I have several iPad-only games I'm playing right now and was looking forward to being able to take this one on the go.

15. MRBISCUTS96

MRBISCUTS96 Member

Mar 17, 2015
    :D ... I already got excepted! Sorry scratch that last post

16. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Interesting .... it does hibernate on my iPhone 5. Which version of ios are you running? Also, how many other apps do you have hibernating at the same time?

17. 8.1.3 (been avoiding updating bc new updates since iOS 8 have been causing me grief).
    I don't have too many apps in the background. Not any other games. Just things like mail, text, Twitter.

18. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Might have to do with ios version ... my phone is on 8.3 or whatever is the latest. Could be space remaining too. I'll ask around on the unity forum since this aspect is covered by the game engine and bot my code.

19. Great, thanks! I'll let you know if I continue to experience problems. I'll test it out on my iPad Air 2 as well, since it's on the same iOS version.

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Actually scratch that ... my ipad 2 is on 8.3 so that's probably not it.