Universal Demon Hunters - Upcoming Turn-based Dungeon Crawler from Wave Light Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    A young one of course (if you can control time, you will never get old) :D You got the cryomancer down pat, i like the abilities you describe, and it's well suited for a spellsword female type!

PS: i sent you a pm with some questions yesterday, if you get some time to check.

2. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    sorry I missed that one. l replied now. For the chronomancer, I plan to give him abilities that permanently affect units. So for example, an aging spell would permanently reduce stats since once you are old... you are old. Sound good?

3. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeap! So will he fit in the first release or in the update?

4. Grifman

Grifman Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Storm Seer says, why are my calves armored but my vulnerable belly wide open to attack? :)

5. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I should be able to get him in the first release now that I have Christmas to work on it. Not for the playtest release though but should be okay for the actual release.

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I know it seems illogical ... but this video will explain it all clearly. :D

7. DASH

DASH Active Member

Wow looks decent! Are there larger screens anywhere too look at? :)

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I'll post larger ones going forward. there are several pictures throughout the thread.

9. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Quick update ... Half giant is basically done. Just need to make the video. I won't have time tonight though and will be travelling back home tomorrow so probably some time over the weekend.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Do you take much inspiration from skills frI'm WoW or Baulders gate? Neverwinter nights had some cool spells too. I love things that do more than just straight up damage or one type or another and that's it.

11. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I've actually never played world of warcraft (or any MMO) and I played Baldur's Gate so long ago that I don't remember what the spells were like. That's not entirely ture ... I remember magic missile and cone of cold. I mostly just try to think of what the defining trait of the magic should be, whether it contributes to the theme / tactical role of the character and lastly on how much recoding it will need.

As I'm close to release, I'm trying to do very minimal recoding. Just working with the existing values / options that I've built up. Adding a new trait or quality now will need a lot of testing and could introduce bugs so I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi guys, I'm stuck at the airport on my way home with a 6 hour flight delay. :(

On the plus side, I do have my development laptop with me and a power supply so I'm working on my game. I got the Half Giant and Assassin finished! I went with blue skin on the Assassin. Here are some pictures of her in amongst one of the later levels:

[​IMG]Assassin and ratmen by raj_dhillon, on Flickr

[​IMG]Assassin and Demon by raj_dhillon, on Flickr

[​IMG]Assassin and goblins by raj_dhillon, on Flickr

The last picture shows her jumping dagger throwing ability and some poor goblins on the receiving end. She's a dedicated melee fighter but not a tank. More of a fast moving, hard hitting fighter that is designed to jump in and do lots of damage and then use her abilities to get out of danger. She has various melee attacks, can apply poisons to blades, jump in the air and throw daggers, curse enemies to an early death (reducing dodge chance and critical hit immunity) and teleport using explosive powder.

She is fast, has a lot of attacks, a high dodge chance and a high likelihood of inflicting critical hits. However, she's got a small number of hit points and low armour. At the moment, she doesn't have a stealth ability but I'm trying to figure out a way to add it to her. My code base limits each character to only 6 abilities so I'm struggling to squeeze it in. I may turn her "apply poison" ability to a "apply poison and go into stealth mode".

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Also ... for everyone that's asked to be playtester, I believe I need a user ID that you need to register as an Apple Testflight ID. I haven't figured out the exact process but I'll send out instructions this weekend once I figure it out.

13. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    for the love of all that is holy -and gaming- do not lose that laptop! :D

The assassin is looking great, in the screens, and i agree with the addition of stealth ability. After all, what is an assassin without stealth? Add it to the poison ability, and name it something like Impending Death, she is poisoning her blades and coming to get you stuff. Good choice also for making her what we call a glass cannon, high damage, low hitpoints.

So she has : 1) stealth&poison 2) dagger throw 3) teleport 4) curse what are the other two abilities? May i suggest a Backstab (extra damage / crit chance from behind) and some kind of area attack?

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Combing the abilities sounds good for that, with some things it'll work with other it would be strange. But stealth and adding poison to blades in one ability makes sense, unsure how the balance of the game is but I'm sure you'll have all that worked out.

15. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep ... makes sense. I'll combine the ability.

Good news, guys ... made it home safe with my laptop. Also the flight delay gave me time to finish the Illusionist as well. :)

Working on switching to iOS build and moving to my MacBook to make the iOS Xcode version. Should be uploaded sometime tomorrow (switching platforms in Unity 3D Pro takes ages and I still have some bug fixing to do).

16. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Can't wait to start the beta.

17. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Cool ... I'm really looking forward to getting first hand feedback. My poor little macbook air is chucking through the 25 GB project file to convert everything over to an iOS build. Will likely take all night.

18. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys .... just uploading the first build to iTunes connect now. Going to have to call it quits for today and go to bed. Hopefully it'll be done without errors in the morning and I'll add everyone that gave me their emails to Test Flight for play testing. Sorry for the delay but I added some functionality and then spent most of the day bug fixing that functionality and so ended up being late on the build process.

Will post an update tomorrow morning.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Sounds good, I hope it all goes well

20. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Good luck! If you can include me too, let me know in a pm. Otherwise, I will just buy the game when it releases anyway as I'm sure it will be great!