iPad Demon Hunter - The Return of The Wings

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 29, 2010.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    So far I've run into four different types of enemies and a semi-boss. One type of demon uses a melée attack (a scyth) and another a ranged attack. Individual demons types have different levels and different levels of aggression. There are also flying demons/bats. So yeah, so far the variety has been decent.

2. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    lol just before i read your reply i had already hit the buy button :D

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I am into the inferno world and they do indeed have different attacks. I have seen different named variations of the monsters but they look slightly different as well. In fact in the next zone past the canal, there is a monsters you have to kill for side quest that has to be done in a special way. If you don't it runs at you and explodes dealing quite a bit of damage and yielding no drops / xp. The demons also begin to have different ranged attack types. For example - gunner 1 shoots machine gun, gunner two shoots a blast of flame. Both require a bit different of a strategy to defeat. I have even seen a mini boss and boss. Which dropped different items each time. I don't think the boss re spawns so save before you fight it and kill it and reload if you don't like your drops.

@squarezero - all of the items bought with iap appear to be obtainable through killing monsters. I am actually impressed at the network features as well (auction house), network save upload (which will delete your save from your device fyi, you have to start a new game to get it back), and the monster / point arena.

@andrey1610 - as for stats, it depends what class / tree you go with. Read the tutorial and Help menu in the system tab. It describes what each stat does and briefly describes what class uses what stat. The gear drops effect different stats in different ways so a higher level sword drop that is geared for magic might not be as good for the psychic slasher as a lower level one that has str bonuses. I got lucky and found an epic level sword that has a 10% chance to stun

I got a recipe from the boss that requires an item that I am not sure if it drops from the boss or enemies later on. I am gonna check the auction house for it. But it really appears that bosses don't re spawn or they are on a long timer like minerals and herbs.

4. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    In game have gift system. I can send weapons another players? Anyone want to try)))? Tell me please your nickname in the game (you need register, in town NPC in the top) and i try send items :)

5. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    I agree the controls need work. They're not heinous but they're certainly not great or even very good. If the game's core mechanics were less compelling I don't think I'd keep playing.

Yes, monsters have different kinds of attacks. I'm just past the part where you kill the first boss (wasn't that hard actually). Like Castlevania, some monsters cast spells at you while others fly.

I just spent 15 minutes or so grinding minerals to gain 4 great items that I suspect are very powerful in the opening game and I suggest everyone do the same: Rock Coat, Geometric Designed Sword, Sticky Shoes, and Handmade Pistol.

You'll need to find recipes for them but I think they're common drops from mobs in the early levels. Here are a couple screenshots of my character currently after about 5 or 6 hours of dedicated play.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Andrey1610

Jul 6, 2010
    jsrco, thanks, i will try
    chespace, you equipping Geometric Designed Sword? I have recipe for it and don't have enough items:)

7. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    my name is sdmiracle

8. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    My bad Andrey1610 misread your post. I usually make sure to upgrade strength 1st and choose the other at random or the stat with the lowest number.

I'll post my screenie later.

9. Andrey1610

Jul 6, 2010
    #49 Andrey1610, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
    sdmiracle, item sent. check your mail box in the game :)
    darkhorse, maybe i need upgrading only 1-2 of 5and make compensation other by items like arms or boots?
    I don't like RPG games, because don't know what is better... but this game really great. I'm fan of castlevania - aria of sorrow and shaman king - master of spirits (GBA), because i want to play in this game.

10. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    ok i got the item.
    in order to get the item, u need to talk to the npc first, connect than go to the mail box. choose the mail than choose restore. than go to the net inventory, choose the item than choose restore again than u can have it in your story inventory.

11. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    This one is really fun, including translation, which is "all-your-base" worthy indeed!:) but that just makes it even better IMHO!:)

12. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Minor spoiler...

This sucks. I can't beat Liam in the desert because the game keeps crashing each time I get his health about half way down. Anyone having this issue?

13. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    a little review from me. on my iphone 3g, this game is not very responsive, makes this game harder but not unplayable. the control pad should be bigger. and i don't understand why slasher's block need such long cool down time, the other 2 job's special ability looks much better lol

the biggest problem of this game is: why can't i jump through the platform from the bottom? this also makes the game harder but yet still playable.

i just hope the developers updates this game (not like the other KRPGs, developers usually just port the game in and never do updates.), this games has a lots of potential.

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The other two classes special doesn't involve a move that counters every enemy except bosses. High upper will literally stop every attack except those used by the larger bosses. It knocks every enemy aside of those up into the air, canceling attacks. If you just do high upper you can take 0 damage.

The platform jump through makes sense as a game mechanic so you don't pass through large amounts of the game and with a low level. If you could do that you would just end up at bosses that you would not be able to defeat and complain about the balance. Which compared to other krpgs, is not nearly as grindy.

15. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    in castlevania u can jump through platform too. i don't see any problem there, at least those moving platforms should be able to jump through. i always drop down coz a moving platform get above me and strikes me back down.

btw how do you defeat those exploding monsters in inferno area? it seems i can't hurt them with sword.

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

If you are magic, use magic. If you are a gunner use the gun. If you are slasher use high upper. Or you can just go to the first room in inferno with dwarves and go to the ones that are on a platform higher than you and hit them when they get close. Slow but effective.

17. Andrey1610

Jul 6, 2010
    #57 Andrey1610, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    1. Where are placed pickax recipe (name of monster)?
    2. Where are placed green mineral? In inferno rock can't found.

18. keonglibra

keonglibra Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi, I'm new to the game. I'm like stuck at the first map. I dont know how to advance to other maps. anyone can give me some advice?

19. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    which map is it?
    the town? the first quest is go to the left side and kill some slime as i remembered

i have one question too. where can i heal in this game? i tried to talk to everyone in town and no one healed me.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You heal automatically in town -- just wait a moment.