Universal Delta-V Racing - (by SPACEHOPPER STUDIOS LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Finally, #2 on the Rookie leaderboard! About a second more time than Andy.

Sheeeesh. Exhausted now...

2. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I only ever see the ghosts of Dirreh, billy1380 and SpcHopr on the in-game leaderboards.. :confused:

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    We need to be GC buddies to see each others' times on the in-game boards. Send me a request if you want. :)

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on your progress. ;) Quite impressive.

5. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    5 star review left on the UK App Store. This game rocks !

6. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried this morning and couldn't do it! :D

I thought I was going to come on there and school you guys and it ends up that I got schooled instead! I can't believe you guys found faster routes through the tracks especially considering I was the one who designed them all! Awesome stuff! :D

I can see Andy in the in-game leaderboards... have you added him as a friend? It only shows your Game Center friends in the in-game leaderboards. Actually, I'd recommend adding all the top players so you can see and learn from their ghosts when racing. That's what I did! :p

7. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Yeah, those are the default ghosts. I probably should have explained this somewhere before this, but the in-game leaderboards only show people on your friend's list.

Oops, sorry, I missed your reply Andy!

8. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff, thanks for that! The reviews on the UK Store are looking good so far!

9. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Hello new itunes card, hello Delta V-Racing -> downloading now :)

10. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Played for an hour.

Pro:
    Good music
    Controls (iCade works like a charm)

Cons:
    It's time trial more than combat racing
    There is no collision between ships, so it always seems a ghost racing

Personal rate: 3.5/5

11. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Ah, glad you're mostly liking it :D

I checked your progress and couldn't see whether you'd played an Elimination event yet - that is a more combat oriented event. In fact, if you want to compete with the guys with the fastest times you've pretty much got to destroy as many of the ships as you can as fast as you can.

Having said that, there are lots of types of events and that was the intention - to have variety. You can certainly win every Race event with your weapons if you prefer to though.

12. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

#112 Chi, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Quick question about the ships. Are they a simple progression of bad ship through good ship, or are the all balanced with one another so it's a matter choosing stats you prefer (speed vs shields vs acceleration, etc)? I much prefer the latter, which adds a lot of replay value, but it seems uncommon on iOS.

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hahaha, the last few seconds of that race is amazing! : )

I love this game so far and am so stoked for updates! Any chance we can get a pure combat mode? Last ship alive wins?

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I hope that my brief 5 star written review along with dudecoolguyman with help this game sell.

Enough of the greedy publishers out there.

16. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

They are balanced so on your first playthrough you'll probably in some instances do better with a slightly slower ship. For example the Collector event requires precision flying so until you get used to it I'd recommend a slower ship. The Elimination events are also a good candidate for choosing your ship carefully. The final ship is fastest but is hopeless in the shields department, a couple hits or crashes and your dead so you have to keep going into the pitstops.

However, once you've mastered the game you'll probably be able to pick the faster ships and succeed with them. Infact, if you're into climbing the leaderboard you'll have to because these TA guys are absolute ninjas! :D

17. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Yeah, that win was very satisfying! :D

I debated with myself whether to tell you, since you'll probably go and beat my time, but figured I should... :) The Elimination event is kinda what you describe in that you are supposed to defeat all the other ships as quickly as you can. You'll notice that my time on the 1st event of Amateur is only 23 seconds even though it's a 4 lap race and it takes about 20 seconds to complete a lap...

18. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

That's great, thanks guys! Yours seem to be only reviews on the US store at the moment so it's a really big help!

19. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Left a 5 Star review in the german AppStore :)

20. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I changed my GC name a few days ago, which has caused a few glitches. First, it saves my times as both my old username, and my current (laxking97). Second, even when I do worse than my best time on an event, it always saves my newest time. If I get 35.35 one time, and then the next time I get a 35.55 it will save the 35.55 for some reason :(

Most of the time it doesn't matter because if I'm doing bad then I just restart anyway, but some times I think I'll do better and then do worst by half a second and it screws up my best score.