Universal Delta-V Racing - (by SPACEHOPPER STUDIOS LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Nice. I got a set of 1210s in 98 and have been mixing since then, mostly jungle/hardcore (before it got all bouncy). Though i've never played any clubs, just parties etc. i've recently converted loads of vinyl to mp3 for djay and traktor on the ipad, though it feels like cheating!

On topic - loving the game so far, highly recommend to anyone still on the fence!

2. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Not anymore :)

3. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Oh cool :)
    Ya I got 1210s too - trusty old things been going strong for nearly 20 years!! They are so well built.
    I figured if I was going to get back into it these days it's all digital and it would cost me a couple of grand to get kitted up again :(

And no IMO it's not cheating (even using Ableton). You still have select sounds that fit to mix well and plan your set "journey" (even more so in fact sometimes because you have that much more options and control). Traktor is a good compromise I guess but I think the electronics can make the musicality comes to the fore rather than the technicalities of pitching up and beat matching. I love hands on with vinyl tho and always will!

Back a bit more on topic. I asked a producer friend of mine (Hoffman) if he knew the artist that did this music in Delta V (Death Boy) and they are good friends! Small world hey hehe

4. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Number one in the world and number one in your heart :)

5. Icade support is wonderful, and I am happy to have assisted in putting it in! :)

Delta-V Racing with icade core joystick

[​IMG]

6. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

This game gets better and better! I feel myself getting "in the zone" now and on semi pro it's starting to get really meaty. I swear it's almost like a rhythm game the way you can chain together the speed ups.
    Even coincidentally in time with the music sometimes haha!

There's some nice differences in the ships and its illustrated well in gameplay. Gotta think really fast when you got a load of AI guys near you all whilst avoiding walls and choosing how many weapon slots you need to powerup.

All in all an extremely elegantly designed and made game. Can't reccomend enough if you like any kind of racing or twitch/hard score chaser like Super Hexagon or to some degree runners. Interesting how wipeout actually does have all those elements on console as well if you think about it.

I hope the entry fee doesn't put people off in this day and age!

7. fdmstryct

fdmstryct Member

Sep 18, 2012
    #68 fdmstryct, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    I've become first in the leaderboards, but still have problems with these three achievements.

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Sorry guys, I just like being on top is all. ;)

Attached Files:

9. Wow, you are pretty good, as always.

10. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I think Andy is an alien who soon takes over the world, Ha Ha.

11. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    wow, what a sharp, clean and well put-together game! Very, very nice! Really tight controls too. This is a steal at $1.99...

12. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Just completed the rookie tournament, currently 19th, though i'm sure there are races i can go back and improve on. An observation and question... I'm playing on an iPad 2... And i'm starting to wonder if they'd be a slight advantage to playing on a smaller screen as they'd be less thumb travel up and down the screen - perhaps the controls are therefore tighter on an iPhone... ? I'd be interested to know what devices the top guys are using.

Also, what's the b-slide control method? When i switched to it nothing appeared to change.

Excellent game, having lots of fun with it :)

13. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Oh dear, I thought I'd tested and retested all the achievements. With Great Destroyer are you personally destroying 3 ships in a single Race or Elimination event?

I'll wipe my data and replay to double-check and fix them. Sorry about that!

14. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Are you definitely signed into Game Center? You should at least be seeing the ghosts "Diireh", and "billy1380". If not, let me know.

15. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about about it being an advantage on iPhone, everyone seems to have their own opinion on that. I definitely have gotten my best times in Sectors on an iPad for example, but play better on whatever I've been playing on the most.

The b-slide moves the "Guide" the white box up and down one block at a time. So, if you slide your finger up and down normally you shouldn't be able to tell the difference. However, if you move your finger up and down really slow you'll see the guide moving in "blocks".

16. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Hey guys, could those of you enjoying it write a review in your local AppStore please? I just checked the US one and I don't seem to have a single review or rating.

Also, could someone in the US check whether Delta-V is featured in the New and Noteworthy section on their device please? I checked in iTunes by changing the country and it appeared to be featured but would like confirmation on an actual device.

Thanks.

17. mrdxp

mrdxp New Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Hi. Are you going to include icade support?

18. I was a beta tester, the icade works fine.

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Yeah, I signed out of GC and signed back in again - same thing. Only SpcHopr dude on there. I have GC friends playing the game, I see their times on the GC leaderboards just fine.