Universal Delta-V Racing - (by SPACEHOPPER STUDIOS LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

We tested on the iPod Touch 4th Gen a lot and ensured it ran smoothly.

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Bought it. Can't wait to play.

3. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

This is wicked! Really nicely done and yeah the music kicks too. Nice package - very well done and my only purchase this week.

It is just like a distilled Wipeout with all the jostling and cunning you need to win, and fast reactions. Very much skill based but much more pick up and playable and just outright fun. Love the bright look of it and it moves at a pace so yeah sweet little game!!

Wish the speeding up/slowing down was a bit less 'digital' but I guess it needed that to keep the target times tight.

@Chi FYI: I did seem to find some small inconsistencies with the lap counter (saying there were still laps left when I finish, and the voice over saying final lap and race over at the same time). Little thing.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Congratulations to the developers on the front page article! It makes a good point of how wonderful the online integration is.

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I was surprised at how competitive I felt when looking at the scores/time on the leaderboards, something that I haven't felt when playing other online games. And when this happened, I got sooooooo mad LOL....

Attached Files:

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
  7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I can not get the turbo boost off the start to save my life. You are suppose to touch the screen when "GO" is on the screen right?

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #48 undeadcow, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    It should work if you tap the screen as GO appears. Maybe the key is to tap at the right time, not simply touch the screen... it might not register if you hold your finger on the iDevice (?). I have been able to get turbo boost start fairly readily so responsiveness to that seems good to me. Hopefully this helps.

Not sure if Connector will post his stuff here but here's his rundown from another thread (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=197663):

9. fdmstryct

fdmstryct Member

Sep 18, 2012
    What an amazing game!

'The Great Destroyer', 'Ship Collector' and 'Perfection' achievments doesn't work, though.

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I was on the beta testing for this game and I'm so pleased to see the game out and being well recieved thus far.

I'm not seeing my friends times in the game, just that SpcHopr dude.

11. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the lap counter thing is more to do with something that I don't explain in the game. Does it happen on Hot Lap events? If so, the first time you ever get a gold event on a Hot Lap event will end the race even if you have 2 laps to go. This is intentional to keep you progressing through the game. If you choose to replay that race however, it'll play the whole 3 laps since if you've already got a gold medal, the reason you're probably playing it again is to beat your previous score, or a friend's score.

With regards to the voiceover overlap - yeah, I'm aware of it, but liked it, but it is a bug so I'll fix it anyway. :)

12. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Ha, ha. I remember gloating when I did that. It's more satisfying when you win by a fraction of a second!

13. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    The game looks and plays gorgeously. Just wondering if our scores and times from the beta will upload onto GC? Not that I couldn't improve:)

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think the developer commented that beta scores migh synch if the sandbox Game Center ID was the same as our live Game Center ID but he wasn't sure. In part it might depend on how users set up their sandbox Game Center ID but at least in my case it's the same ID just in a different Game Center mode so hypothetically beta scores should transfer.

15. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Anything with breakbeat in it gets my support ;)

Liking the choons, game downloading now.

16. Baracus

Ah yes, that was probably it then :)
    Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring!

17. Baracus

Yea I'm big into breakbeat too (used to be resident DJ at a club here) and all the tunage in this game floats my boat.
    Its not all breaks but fits in that camp (some drum n bass some dubstep stuff).

@Chi. All this music is all by one guy yes?

18. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #58 ojtitus, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    I am absolutely loving this game, my only problem is I still can not get the boost at the start of the race. I have tried different times, different spots, different fingers, still no luck and I always tap the screen when "GO" is on the screen and I have tried replaying the tutorial several times and that is the only time I can get the boost to work is in the tutorial.

I just don't understand what I am doing wrong.:confused:

Edit: So apparently I'm just an idiot, I didn't realize you had to do a quick tap and release. I was under the impression you could tap and hold the screen but that doesn't work. Now I have everything under control, sorry for being confused.

19. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Same here. I used the same username and password for GC sandbox so we will see how it goes.

20. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well I am second on the Leaderboard on Rookie after Andy of course who else.