Universal Delta - Game Emulator (by Testut Tech)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Unordinary, Apr 17, 2024.

1. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#81 sebgo, Apr 21, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    Thanks for checking! Still, that was a rough drop!

With that in mind and with what little understading I have on the technical info of both devices' (iPh8 and RP4) specs, it might be feasible that it'd run decently enough on my iPotato.

Still, good thing for me the PSP catalogue isn't as attractive nowadays (got my fill several years ago), except for Rockband Unplugged which would always be my go-to game when my PSP-1000 was in working condition (15 years ago, or so), so in case it doesn't run well I won't be too disheartened.

Edit: Damn, I forgot about Persona. That's the only one in the series that I've enjoyed so far. Although, if I recall correctly, that one's on SNES, too.
    (⌐■‿■)

Edit2: Nope... it's for PlayStation. I'll deposit my hopes on Provenance. [crosses fingers]

2. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Anybody have some links to trustworthy ROM sites? All new to me, but I want to give this a shot.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not something we can share on this forum. You will have to do your own search.

I will give you one clue:

[media format]+[literary genre].

Alex DeLargest and sebgo like this.
  4. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Advance Wars: Dark Conflict - most tactical strategy game ever… Etrian Odyssey III - most ROCK-HARD RPG ever... And POKéMONs - what can I say?

5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

"Gotta play 'em all!"

Alex DeLargest and Stronsay like this.
  6. Samuel Dodee

Samuel Dodee Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2024
    Male
    I think we will see RetroArch soon. On the App Store, I hope (you can install it with iOS App Signer or AltStore, but I actually don't know how).
    It's not polished like Delta, but it worked very well on my old Android phone.

7. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Would this ever come to iPads? Or just iPhone the reason I ask is because I mostly play games on my iPad Pro and don’t really game on my iPhone but it’s cool and I’ve tried this out

8. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    You can download it on iPad, my lad has it, it just isn't optimised. You can also AirPlay to Apple TV and that works incredibly well.

adin and squarezero like this.
  9. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Incredibly well with delay.

10. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    Literally no delay on mine? I am using Apple TV 4K 64gb and Apple 4K 32gb both work perfectly.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Back home now and added a ton of games. Takes a while to change the artwork for each game but its great when its all done ! Bit OCD i know ! But looks so good

Such a great emulator, changed the GBA skin to the flip GBA or whatever you call it, looks so good. Cant wait for the next surprise emulator to appear

Hulkino and Stronsay like this.
  12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Do I have to change the date on my phone to open the app. (just kidding, old joke for those who had the sideloaded version). Late to the party as usual. 16 years of iPhone gaming and I have never been so over the moon. Like others have mentioned, I have two Anbernic devices but my phone is always with me and they are not. Sneaking in some Super Mario Land or Minish Cap at work or NHL 97 waiting for a friend is like opening a new world. I noticed SCRUMM is on the App Store. Doesn’t that open arcade emulation?

VirtualBoyFreak, Stronsay and Hulkino like this.
  13. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Any word about overheating and battery consumption? How is the behaviour of the app about these?

14. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    No overheating experienced. Emulator itself doesn’t seem to use much power and certainly no graphic intensive games. Battery drain possible due to so much time exploring!

Truncana likes this.
  15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah think you’re worrying too much about battery drain and that.

It seems fine. even if it did (which it doesn’t) it’s such a brilliant emulator it’s one of the best apps I’ve downloaded. Love it

Truncana and sebgo like this.
  16. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Nothing to worry about. Running an iOS port of any of the emulated games is probably more demanding for devices than playing them through such a light emulator.

We're talking about an experienced developer, too, who has worked on emulation since the days in which it was mostly possible on jailbroken devices (for non jailbroken devices you needed luck in order to get an app that slipped Apple's reviews).

So, go ahead and try!

Truncana and squarezero like this.
  17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Not saying its gonna get taken down but if i was an iOS user i would download this in a second just to make sure i've got it ! I'm still over the moon about it. Such a great polished emulator

Now if Provenance comes out then that covers all emulation i want (Sega/Atari) , actually forget that, MAME is the one i want !

But Delta is brilliant

Truncana, sebgo, Stronsay and 2 others like this.
  18. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Audio issues in Ridge Racer 64 (sometimes).

19. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Do you mean ScummVM?

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Yes. I realize now it is mainly point and click games.