iPad Defender Chronicles (TD) – have fun with music!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gimka, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Is the music good?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A medieval theme will work better

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other. Please suggest

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    We are having a blast making noises :)

Instead of going with a common medieval theme, we think it's more refreshing to go with a more creative approach for the music.

For those of you who have good ears, please let me know what you think. Here is a 30 seconds sample of one of the in-game music.
    http://www.gimka.com/td/music1.mp3

We are referring music for this game:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=6153

Do you have suggestion for the music that you want to hear? Which theme, genre?

2. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I like it its very good :D. I think this music needs epic music: Lord of the Rings or 300... EPIC

3. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Yes, we definitely will have the EPIC one! :cool:

4. MyiPhone

MyiPhone Member

Feb 20, 2009
    i like the music, but i also think that it might not be the right one for your game! music from 300 or lord of the rings like said before would be better!;)

5. Monopoly

Dec 12, 2008
    Any word on who won promos in the other thread? I didnt get into the beta and im dying to play this game :p

6. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

MyiPhone, I think LOTR music is medieval, no?

Monopoly, not yet. I have let the sound engineers to decide which ones they want to use. I think they will finish the music first; then they will look into voice acting and other sound effects.

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Gimka, I'm sure you could use Monopoly somewhere in marketing...his anticipation alone is enough to make others want your new TD game ;)

8. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

If anyone is trying to compare excitement, I don’t think Monopoly or anyone can beat me on this ;)

I’m personally very excited with the game. And Albie, like I have told you before, it’s actually too exciting. I have other projects at hand but those now often get delayed because of this.

I just played the new build for 2 hours straight yesterday. And that’s after midnight :)

BTW, please send me your feedbacks by email if you have tested the new one. Thanks!

9. Monopoly

Dec 12, 2008
    Is the beta still open :-X
    1 spot perhaps? :)

10. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I got the e-mail today, at work all night tonight, seems like i should have tomorrow off since today was supposed to be off... I am really looking forward to the new build. Looks like I know what I'll be doing tomorrow! I'll let ya know what i think...:D

11. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    This is on my priority list for tonight...so it should be good.

12. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Wrong thread :(

13. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't know if I have really good ears or not, but I like the tune. Kind of reminds me of the sequence in some high profile action hero's latest blockbuster movie where the troops are going off to war or something.

14. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member

Not what I was expected but it sounds pretty good. My suggestion would be (if you have different environments like snow, desert, etc... ) to pick themed music for them. For the desert for instance, you can have a modern sounding Arabian theme.

I like the song as is, though I'd have to see it along with the gameplay to say if it "matches". Either way, I like the song itself.

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Reminds me of iDracula's music - different yet still fits.