Defender Chronicles – The Beast Within

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gimka, Jul 18, 2009.

?

Which one for next?

1. Snowman

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. Polar Bear

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. Santa

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Ice Ghoul

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  5. Fenris Wolf

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Zombie

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. Vampire

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  8. Werewolf

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  9. Mummy

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. Other, please specify

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Ok, folks,
    Here is for half fun, half serious. What type of beast do you want to see next?

We are supposed to have some undead units for the incoming maps but let me know if you want to see something else too.

You can also specify the military rank.

For instance for the Orc Hordes, the infantry is as follow:
    Level 1 – Goblin
    Level 2 – Orc Brute
    Level 3 – Ogre
    Level 4 – Giant Golem

There are other group of units beside those; but let just keep them for later.

Yeti is already for certain will be for level 4. Its unique ability is that it can destroy the guild building. But, we still need some beasts for level 1, 2 and 3.

Give me your worst monsters. What will those be? :D

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    EDIT: You added a poll.... sorry.:eek: I voted for Fenris Wolf.

3. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be in the pool. Those are just added based on the suggestion from the other thread.

4. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Santa in Defender Chronicles? That would be absolutely awesome! Of course he has to be designed in his fully jolly awesomeness.

5. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    #5 Tower Defender, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    This is PERFECT Gimka! I was about to write down one of my monster suggestions in the other thread.

Here it goes. I was thinking of you guys including the beast king or something as a boss. The premise would be that the reason he mysteriously disappeared is because he has turned evil due to some type of mysterious force... so how would I want this guy to work? Easy. First he comes out riding on a Black Dragon. Only archers and mages can hit him.
    Once the dragon reaches half health, it'll drop down on its feet and start walking and breathing fire on any warriors, halflings, and the such in their way. When the dragon is defeated, the beast king jumps down from the dragon and heads towards your hero. The beast king is immune to arrows and status effect. He takes little damage from mages and little damage from warriors/beserkers. The only enemy that does normal damage to it is your Hero. Its stats abilities are exactly like your heroes. Which means it'll have the same HP, armor, and does the same damage as your hero.

Lol, I also saw that you have my ice ghoul suggestion. ... and now you've presented me with a hard choice. Hey, at least the ideas out there :D.

6. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Voted for ice ghoul

what about ice knights?

7. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

BTW, I didn't put the ice crystal creature from the other thread because that's already in 1.2.

Tower Defender, beast king is for later ;)

Ice knight is an option.

8. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    :D YES!!! ME WANT TO FIGHT BEAST KING!!!

... well I guess I'll go with my Ice ghoul suggestion than... even though I clicked others.

9. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Vampires....the end. lol

10. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    argh, why isn't this a multi choice poll?

my votes:
    -fenris wolf
    -vampire/liche
    -bats/bat swarm - low lvl flying creature
    -werewolf - is a human warrior and when he takes enough damage to get "killed" he turns into the werewolf at full health
    -dragon (either land or flying)
    -mummy
    -small tornado shaped sandstorm creature
    -lava/rock creature (OMG we need an underground cave/inside a volcano map!!!!)
    -wraith - like something made out of black smoke
    -banshee - has to be killed at range because it's song will stun nearby units into inaction
    -devil/demon looking creatures - could have lords (lvl 4) and imps for low level units - perfect for underground idea ;)
    -centaurs
    -scorpions - deal poison damage
    -fire elemental
    -roc (powerful flying unit)
    -evil looking humans (thinking of haradrim from LOTR) - could have warriors, champions etc

Hero ideas:
    -i want a pet for the hero...wolf/war dog that has stats and can attack along with the hero
    -a "bad guy/dark-themed" hero - demon lord, vampire, he can still be part of the good guys, but just something darker looking

11. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

The result surprises me. Vampire and Werewolf seem to be more popular than Zombie. But, Fenris Wolf seems to be the winner, followed by Snowman :eek:

Devilishly Good, thanks! That’s a very extensive list and is giving us lot of ideas to work with.

No one here wants bad female villain? Such as Dark Mistress or Evil Witch ;)

12. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    lol fenris is my third online name xD, fenrir, ferris, then fenris xD. that means my vote goes for.... fenris

13. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    #13 Tower Defender, Jul 18, 2009
    Now that you mention it. YES!! I DO!! ... but I was thinking for the ice ghouls to look female. Maybe transparent with a tint of blue in a flowing tattered gown. :D

The reason I was thinking this, was due to the mages being the only character that is able to damage them *magic attacks* why not let it be a cat fight? :D

To add on to my current ideas for this unit. When it passes by units that are not able to attack them, they freeze for a few seconds, before unfreezing.

*Don't forget that I said I changed my vote, since you guys already have ideas for the beast king, so ice ghouls has an extra votes as well*

14. Closter

Closter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    #14 Closter, Jul 18, 2009
    The most iconic female villian I can think of would be the traditional demon with a spider lower body and female upper body. I don't know what you call that. :eek:
    Or you know, snake lower half and female upper half.

15. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    argh, i can't think of the name either, but i know what you're talking about, lol, and that would be cool

for evil female types
    -i mentioned banshee earlier

but what about
    -harpies
    -lamia
    -medusa <---- that would be cool, lol, turns a guild to stone
    -vampiress

16. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    Succubus... hehehehe ME WANT!!!

17. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    For Polar Bear I was thinking a Polar Bear that stands on two feet and has armor, like in "The Golden Compass" (movie/book) We should generally stray away from animals, because that lacks the originality that the Orcs, slimeballs, etc. do.

18. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    I just purchased this game today because of the sale!

On the whole its really good! :D

For future monsters, you should really focus on fantasy monsters such as Orcs, demons, spirits and creatures. The more original, the better especially for an RPG game.

I think you should add a city of some sort instead of just a trade shop, that way it looks better and feels more innovative in a way.

Expanding the world map would be good, and add terrain areas such as snow, volcano/lava, ocean/sea and forests. Spread the areas that you have already out a bit more, the first level 'Great sands' should be more in the desert area. Spreading them out makes the world map feel more spacious.

Apart from these minor suggestions, the game is good. I hope more updates will be on the way very soon! :D

19. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Based on the result, below is what I get if I try to put all the pieces together. Combined, they will be known as the undead hordes. Please correct me if anything is not good.

I still need to bring this to the rest of the team. So, there is no guaranteed and thing may change again later, especially if it is not working as we expected. But, as of now, this can be our guideline.

Undead Hordes

Level 1 – Skeleton (already in)
    Special: highly resistant to arrow attack.

Level 2 - Ice Ghoul
    Special: highly resistant to physical attack (semi transparent), stun/freeze units that it passes by.

Level 3 – Fenris Wolf
    Special: all defender units defeated by Fenris Wolf will be turned into Fenris Wolf!

Level 4 – Possessed Yeti
    Special: destroy guild building

Level 5 – Undead Queen (spider humanoid)

Tower Defender, yes, I’m counting Ice Ghoul as 8. So, it’s the number #1 choice now.

Closter, spider female villain sounds creepy and awesome. This should be for level 5! :eek: It will turn into massive undead spider and we can dedicate an entire map just to fight this mega boss alone.

Lukearcade22, we have v1.2 in the review. Hopefully, it’s out soon.

Slapshot, theone1007, Stykman, dominator246, Devilishly Good, Fenrir911, Fleabag, and to all who have voted, thanks for your input too.

20. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Sounds good! Only problem is that most of those seem like they would be too powerful, unless there was the tower I suggested to mean_monkey... :D
    The ice ghoul seems too powerful, such a low level, but being almost immune to physical attacks and stunning towers!