Universal Defend the Cake Tower Defense (by Defend the Cake LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by machina, Feb 8, 2018.

1. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    The price discount event was held for just one day. Now it's back to normal price. I did not know it was such a short-term event. Pity.

2. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    As much as I've been wanting a new TD game, this looks _too_ cookie cutter. May as well play Creeps or Fieldrunners for the umpteenth time.

Though it gets tiring hearing people gripe about paying for games. If it looks entertaining to you, _buy_ it. Stop driving devs to make scummy freemium games.

3. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I put it on my app discount alert list as soon as it came out. There are a couple of websites to do this.

I just find it really good and i love the theme of it.

You are right about premium games. Freemium is killing the market. The best way to motivate devs is to buy their games.

4. machina

machina Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 10, 2018
    Game Designer
    Oakland
    When we launched on the App Store, we released a day 1 update that unfortunately had a crash in it, and we got some 1 star reviews as a result. The crash was fixed the next day, but a few people didn't bother to update their reviews. If you dig the game, we would really appreciate it if you left us a review to help improve our rating!

We put the game on sale this past weekend to help promote it at a convention, and encourage people to buy it on the spot. I'll give you guys a heads up next time ^____^

5. machina

machina Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 10, 2018
    Game Designer
    Oakland
    Defend the Cake is going on sale again this weekend! It will be 40% off on iOS and Android from 5/18 - 5/20.

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome!!!

7. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    As far as I can tell, it hasn’t gone on sale yet. When exactly is the sale?

8. machina

machina Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 10, 2018
    Game Designer
    Oakland
    We made a mistake setting up the sale, so it didn't go live until today. We extended the sale for a couple extra days to give more people a chance to grab it on sale :)

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    No u are not alone. A lot of people hate open field td

10. machina

machina Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 10, 2018
    Game Designer
    Oakland
    I’m excited to announce that Defend the Cake’s 2.0 update will go live next week on October 4th! Update 2.0 adds 3 new Bonus Levels set in a new cocoa-themed environment, and a new Red Velvet Cake. Additionally, we’ve fixed some quality of life issues on the iPhone X, as well as a few other minor bugs.

If you haven’t had a chance to check out Defend the Cake yet, next week is a great time to do so! The game will be on sale for 40% off from October 4th to the 11th. We are a small team of indie developers dedicated to never using ads or IAPs, and we appreciate your support!

11. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Your game is awesome. Thanks for the update!

machina likes this.
  12. machina

machina Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 10, 2018
    Game Designer
    Oakland
    Defend the Cake update 2.0 is out now! How high can you score on the new Bonus Levels?