Universal Deeply Absurd Chain (by Illya Sikeryn)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. lumarama

lumarama Well-Known Member

#21 lumarama, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks! IAP to remove ads is #1 in my list. Everything else depends on success of the game. My experience (with Damn Little Town) shows that adding even major features like multiplayer to not very popular game have little or zero sense - as no one is able to find online opponent to play with. And the same is true with other things that you can add to the game. When it is popular - every little addition makes sence!

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Thanks for that, I hadn't worked out what exactly was happening with the power ups.

That would be great.
    Also there is something odd with the volume - when I try to adjust the volume when in game, it doesn't work, it only adjusts the ringer volume not the sounds volume (if that makes sense).

What affects the type (level) of symbols that appear, the depth you are at or the symbols you have created that level?

3. lumarama

#23 lumarama, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Thanks for reporting about this sound issue.

Regarding new items - they appear based on the last discovered item in the current game. I.e. if you've created an egg - all the items before the egg can appear, but the egg. And there is more: items close to the egg (i.e. creature skeletons) will have much lower chance of appearance compared to items in the beggining of the chain (i.e. stones).

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    What is the furthest evolution anyone has gotten to here? I am on the eleventh: Blue Diamond. I am wondering if I am near the end.

I like this a lot but I am sick of watching the same stupid video ad over and over again ;-)

5. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Well, if you need any testers ;). But first, I hope this game sells well.

6. lumarama

7. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I appreciate that. I think Game Center pretty much implies a multiplayer contingent, and I can understand why that's a pain to implement.

However, I think some way of judging one's score against other players (not necessarily playing them) or achievement incentives can help keep people interested, especially those who have to complete every one (not I!).

8. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I m pretty sure I am at the end now: I have the "ULO". You will understand if you get there.

9. lumarama

Was it too easy?

10. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Perhaps so. It certainly was not hard and the powers up seemed pretty cheap. At this point it becomes a high score game and I have lost incentive to keep playing. However, I really loved it while it lasted. Thank you!

11. lumarama

Thanks for the feedback - I'll take this into account in the next update.

12. Obrum

Obrum New Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Yeah, I just finished it too. I feel it'd be really good if it continued past that point, because I managed to reach the end object with 3 undo, 1 magnet and 1 organise, which I'd managed to buy after just 2 games. So I managed to get to a point where I've nothing new to discover after only 3 attempts. It's true that I did enjoy it while I was playing, but I've reached the end a little too quickly I think.

Having said that, I feel if the progression was much slower, the game would be less fun. I reckon the best option would be to make the upgrade costs slightly higher, and if possible, add a few more objects to discover.

Very fun though, got that "Threes" feel of wanting to unlock more objects just to see what they'll be, just a shame it's over too soon.

13. lumarama

Just to make it clear: upcoming update v1.1.9 will include only minor gameplay tweak and sound switch issue fix. While the next one will include updated (extended) chain of items and also IAP to remove ads. So even those of you who finished the game so quickly should have a reason to continue...

14. lumarama

#34 lumarama, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  15. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Possible typo - I assume "hearless" in the Blue diamond description should be "heartless"?

16. CrashingBore

CrashingBore Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Germany
    it's been a long, long time since a game made me so happy!

it saved my weekend by playing hours on end instead of being lovesick and crying myself to sleep. thanks for that, lumara! i really appreciate :)

i owe you one - just bought DLT the other night and i simply can't wait to buy that no-ad thing as they are the only thing that i really dislike about UDAC.
    even though i got to the end of the chain pretty early on i'm still getting hours of enjoyment out of it, i'm impressed about the depth (pun intended) of the gameplay.
    but i do agree that a tad more grinding for the extras would enhance the experience! music would be nice, too.

more impressions will follow - gonna have to dig deeper to see if i can beat my own highscore of depth 355 :D

17. lumarama

Oops :) You are right. Thanks!

18. lumarama

Wow! Thank You! I'm working on gameplay tweaks and extending the chain. It is true that (by mistake) the game in its current state is too easy and therefore short. While this update with extended chain will come after two other updates that will fix top priority issues (including missing ads removal option).

Thanks for understanding!

19. lumarama

#39 lumarama, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Update 1.2.0 is awaiting Apple approval now. It includes:

- Gameplay tweaks (quite significant);
    - Ads removal IAP;
    - Mute switch fix;

Since balance of the game is significantly updated, I recommend to reinstall the game (after v1.2.0 update) and try to beat it again. To make your score fair - as some people will start playing from v1.2.0 (with updated gameplay balance).

20. lumarama

Update 1.2.0 was released a few moments ago.

Gameplay balance is changed a lot! So I recomment to reinstall the game to beat it again from the very beginning. This is completely another story now - for real men!

Premium Version IAP (to remove ads), as it happens, should start working after some time (~2 hours) after release.