Universal Deep Loot (by Monster and Monster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 2, 2014.

1. BaronVonMonster

BaronVonMonster Well-Known Member

Hey all, just a heads-up that we've spent this week squashing some rare issues that were locking up the game and submitted a new build to Apple last night.

We have also asked for an expedited review of the submission although we are unsure whether this will happen and even if it does there's a high chance the old build will go live on launch day.

Still, this update will be a lot less prone to lock-ups and some other quirks so we recommend updating as soon as it becomes available.

Again, thanks for all the kind words on this forum thread. You guys have been amazing.

Not long to go now!

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    And it's up in NZ. Finally, hope it's worth the wait for you guys (spoiler: It is!)

3. BaronVonMonster

Awesome :D Thanks for the heads up PeteOzzy.

The game should start to roll out across the rest of the globe over the next 24hrs so keep your eyes peeled eager looters!

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Just started playing this and OMG is it good! I want to buy the coin doubler, but I'm using my NZ account, so I'll have to wait until tonight when it hits the US. Guess I shouldn't play too much cuz I'm guessing I'll have to start over tonight. I don't remember seeing that it has iCloud support. Anyways, this is one hell of a fun game!!

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Totally in agreement. I want to keep playing but know I'll have to start over once I switch to my US account...this game is so charming! And I'll be buying that coin doubler tonight as well 100%!

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I third this notion, coin doubler here I come :D

This game was so worth the wait and is living up to the hype...

7. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

One of my favorite things is the little bonus with the coin doubler.

Also it cracks me up when you start a dive how the diver is always knocked / poked etc off the boat by the old guy with his cane or the other object ( don't want to spoil) for those with the coin doubler.

8. BaronVonMonster

Great to see you all enjoying yourselves :D It really means a lot to both of us (If you didn't know there's literally two of us. An artist and a coder!?).

We're not doing much in the way of promotion today as we'd like to announce properly once everyone can grab the game but as soon as tomorrow ticks around it'll be party time!

9. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Usually if a game has lots of loot I'm in. This appears to fit the loot bill! Yay, loot.

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I'm really enjoying this game I took some pictures of some cool discoveries but I'll save it till the full launch

11. BaronVonMonster

Awesome to hear :) Might be worth posting any cool discoveries with the spoiler tag when you do though. Part of the experience is finding all the hidden stuff and although there's quite a bit of content I get the feeling you guys will find most of it pretty quickly!?

Oh and get your thinking hats on as in a couple of weeks we'll be asking for suggestions for things you might like to discover in a future content update :D

12. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    That's awesome news! Definitely going to be contributing a few ideas to that; the easter eggs have been one of the standout moments in an awesome game - seems to be one of the first things people mention when they play it too so I'm probably not the only one!

13. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    You know what else....the music is actually really good in this game

14. BaronVonMonster

Glad you think so! Our long time collaborator Gavin Harrison (also responsible for the music in Winter / Autumn Walk) did an outstanding job.

Oh and if you haven't already had a listen I highly advise you check out the credits screen for an extra treat or two... ;-D

15. BaronVonMonster

Excellent! It will be good to get some fresh ideas on-board :D Not sure on the best place for requesting ideas though. We might venture into the realms of Reddit or see if there's a nice way we can let people easily make suggestions without spoiling possible ideas for others.

16. Corky McButterpants

Corky McButterpants Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Have made a fake NZ account (thanks Weta Digital) because I couldn't wait... great work guys, awesome. Gives me a 16 bit Treasure Island Dizzy vibe. :D

Funnily enough - I was the NE regional runner up at Chuckie Egg II back in the day; Hmmm. #SmallWorld

17. BaronVonMonster

Thank you for the compliment! Also funny you should say that, Treasure Island Dizzy was one of the first games I ever owned as a kid on the C64. That whole series has been a massive influence to me over the years so it's no surprise Deep Loot gives off that vibe ;)

P.S. Awesome Chuckie Egg skills? *salutes*

18. BaronVonMonster

Quick shout to let you all know that a new build (v1.4) containing a couple of game-breaking bug fixes has been approved and will be the version to roll out as the game continues to launch across the globe :)

19. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    That's actually a pretty awesome song :D:) I played it back at least 4 times perfect foe the game

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Not sure how I feel about this at the moment. Does the doubler really make a difference? Some of those ships are super expensive.

Also, are those last 3 ships found by finding rare locations while diving?