Universal Deep Loot (by Monster and Monster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 2, 2014.

1. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    This game is not only awesome, it's totally addictive! I keep thinking "just one more go"

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    :D Yes yes the precious calls out to you..... go deeper deeper :eek:

3. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Found Back to the future lol this game is too much I love when you get knocked upside your head into the water :D

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is. Awesome.

Thank you so much Baron! I'll buy some iap soon and spread the word.

It's unique, fun, and gorgeous. I hope you'll add even more content later after you get more success with this app. It looks like your most intriguing game so far :)

5. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    It's absolutely playable without IAPS you collect enough loot each dive to buy any upgrades you'll need plus the missions pay well also

6. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    I think the coins you get from each dive are very generous, but I bought the coin doubler to support the awesome devs and hopefully to help support future content additions! I can't emphasize enough how great this game is!

7. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Agreed just letting people know it's not the "evil F2P" they might expect
    I would also suggest getting the doubler early on when the missions are easy to get the most loot faster

8. BaronVonMonster

BaronVonMonster Well-Known Member

Really happy to see those with early access are enjoying themselves! For those of you who haven't managed to get code there's only 2 days to go and then you can dive and loot as much as you want :)

It's also great that so many of you have realised that this isn't an evil F2P game. We tried very hard to balance upgrades & depths and the game itself is pretty generous with rewards and in-game currency. This might mean we never make any money but we feel it's the best balance of our morals as game designers and an approach which should hopefully see lots of people get stuck in and play!

9. BaronVonMonster

Regarding extra content. If the game does well and people like what they play we have plans to do at least one major update if not more.

These updates would contain a ton more locations & easter eggs to discover, new missions, suits, boats and possibly creatures :)

We're also toying with the idea of introducing global challenges for the community to work towards such as 'Defeat a 1,000,000 crabs' with rewards for EVERYONE when the challenge has been completed. Although that's a fairly tricky thing to implement so we'll have to see how we go!?

10. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010

That would be awesome!!! Wish u very best luck for financial sucess and will buy the coin doubler as soon as possible i can get my hands on the game

11. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

Count me in the group that loves the game. And owns the coin doubler. Soo many Easter eggs. I thought I saw what even looks like a borderlands 2 loot chest. (And found the ghost ship yay)

12. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    As this is going to be a F2P game, just wondering will there be any ADs inside the game?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to play the game coming thursday:)

13. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    On less I'm mistaken I think the only thing the game does not do is sync progress between devices, but I could be wrong. Otherwise it's going for a perfect score IMO

14. BaronVonMonster

Nope. No ads at all. They would spoil the pretty layouts ;) Although...again...another reason why Deep Loot might not make us any money lol

15. BaronVonMonster

Alas game progress does not sync between devices but your GameCenter scores and achievements will be shared.

16. BaronVonMonster

Also worth mentioning that we've been informed of a game-breaking bug that occurs when you discover something in the very deepest of depths.

This and a host of other issues have already been fixed and we hope to submit an update later today. This update probably wont go live until next week though so apologies for any issues that you might encounter with the current build.

If you find any serious issues please email details of the problem to support@monsterandmonter and we'll look into it.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I noticed that too! I hope I wasn't mistaking it for something else but the Borderlands chests look great.

@Baron: This is a small UI suggestion but do you think you could make the profile screen more accessible? It took me a while to figure out there was one. There's also no way to view it from your "after-battle screen". I'm sad it's tucked away behind the "MORE..." button. I love looking at stats. Maybe if you tap "DIVE STATS", your profile screen will pop up? And I suggest swapping the buttons for "Game Center" and "profile" since I doubt people are constantly looking at the achievements. I think achievements could be hidden instead. Anyhow, just suggestions! I'm really enjoying myself :)

Weird for me to say this but maybe you should have put ads in the game then say ANY purchase removes all ads. I notice that sells pretty well. It might help with your revenue.

18. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    #78 NiceDude, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    I've only played a few games but I can say that the early impressions were absolutely right: Deep Loot is such fun, charming, and addicting game.

It plays very much like a turn based underwater Mines of Mars, with a focus on discovery and exploration. The controls are simple and responsive, simply tap your destination or an enemy to travel there/attack. Tapping on blocks causes you to automatically drill through them, no boring mining here. Deep Loot wants you to have fun, descend ever deeper, and find new loot and secrets

Every turn results in air loss, so while attacking fish can earn you extra bonus coins, it may not be worth the precious air if you'd rather reach that enticing chest or ruin over there. It's certainly not a hard game, but really that works in the game's favor, allowing you to focus on what new discoveries you'll find next, rather than worrying about some run ending danger

The game is just charming and polished, with easy effortless controls, tons of unlockables like new suits (with their own stat bonuses) to new ships (also with their own perks), cute colorful graphics, and just a addicting sense of exploration, that desire for one more attempt, to try again and descend to new depths. Who knows what awaits? That mystery and feeling of discovery makes Deep Loot such a fun engaging experience

Highly recommended

19. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #79 PeteOzzy, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Glad you're enjoying it! Trust me though, it can get pretty difficult once you're able to take on The Abyss. The unique creatures that live only there won't just attack on sight but they can do so in ways that make them incredibly dangerous. There are also a few obstacles that have to be respected to or they'll leave you in pieces. I really appreciate the ability to control the pace of the game by exploring horizontally to maintain the difficulty or vertically to increase the risk/reward rate.

20. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Oh, then I can't wait! Better get back to playing