Universal Deep Loot (by Monster and Monster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 2, 2014.

1. triptych

triptych Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    I remember a really fun and hard to stop playing flash game from hamumu that is very similar in some ways to this game. So if you are bummed about this game being pulled , play Pedro and the Pearls of Peril http://boyslife.org/games/online-games/22818/pedro-and-the-pearls-of-peril/ it's a few years old but I wish it had been made a mobile game

2. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Those of you that are still wondering about this, it was pulled because it was a old buggy version they released. They plan to give us more updates over the coming days and weeks on their Facebook page. They have more stuff planned for the game that they pulled it so they can improve the experience and release a newer version. No word on release of this but it will be very soon according to the guys on the Facebook page. Give it a like for news and updates. Check their latest comment on a post recently. If you can't find it let me know and I'll post the link.

https://www.facebook.com/DeepLoot

3. BaronVonMonster

BaronVonMonster Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

I'm one of the 2 man indie dev team (Monster and Monster) responsible for Deep Loot just jumping in here to say hello and give you all an update but first thank you so so so sooooo much for the kind words on here and for being so inquisitive about our little game.

As Skeletonlord mentioned we made a mistake. Here's what I posted on Facebook (I think in response to Cofunguy?) /TouchArcade comments...

So yeah, with so much going on here at Monster HQ we simply forgot to push the date back and with NZ half a day ahead of us it happened before we new about it!?

Hopefully you all understand :)

4. BaronVonMonster

Oh and thank you for all being so active on this forum thread.

If you have any questions or queries about the game (or anything regarding the development, release, art, music etc.) feel free to post in here and I'll do my best to answer when I can.

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    If the version you accidentally released is buggy I'm curious how much better the new version can be. I played the 'buggy' version several hours and it plays like a dream :D
    Do I have to start from the beginning when the new version comes out?

6. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Thanks for the reply.

Of this weeks offering, Deep Loot was the only one I was excited about. I suppose I shall wait .. unwillingly .. until it's released. But it makes me sad not to be able to play an awesome game over the 3 day weekend :(

7. BaronVonMonster

Ahh, thanks for the comment, glad the old build is holding up ok for you!

I've been informed that the new build will reset your current missions and achievements (you'll still keep your game center achievements though), however you should still keep all the special loot you have collected and anything you've bought in the shops.

With the new build we have updated the save-game system so this kind of thing wont be a problem when we release future updates...another reason we didn't want too many copies of the old version in the wild!?

8. BaronVonMonster

Yeah, we really wanted to get it out this week as it would coincide with our 3rd birthday as Monster and Monster on 4th July too but alas it was not to be.

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Winter Walk and Autumn Walk were both charming as heck and I look forward to playing Deep Loot when it's ready. :)

10. BaronVonMonster

This is good to hear! We hope you'll find Deep Loot just as charming when we finally get it into your hands.

Oh and seeming as a few people have mentioned Winter & Autumn Walk on this thread we can also tease you all with the fact that once Deep Loot is out in the wild we'll finally be able to start talking about a possible new Walk game ;D

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I do hope this releases earlier than another month but I'm excited nonetheless. The game looks great!

12. BaronVonMonster

Well...we have an idea a release date in mind but we don't want to jinx it by saying it out loud until the newest build has been approved and is ready for distribution!?

It will be at some point in July though and the very moment we feel confident in the date we'll start to shout and jump about telling everyone!

13. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Well, I was gonna comment "here's to hoping to wake up tomorrow and seeing this back up In New Zealand tomorrow" but this kinda screws my night.... I question for the dev, will this one be iPod 4th gen (256mb ram) supported? If its not I will rollover and die. This is the kind of game I love so much, so I'm really hoping so.

14. BaronVonMonster

#35 BaronVonMonster, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    Hi all!

Mini update for you all. We're currently trying to sort out one final issue with an external plug-in which has started crashing the game on reaaaallly old versions of iOS after a recent update. We're currently talking to the plug-in creators and we hope to have the issue solved soon.

Apologies once again for the delay, we're still REALLY hopeful that Deep Loot will be out within the next two weeks but frustratingly some of these final few things seem to be out of our control.

Thank you for being so patient.

[​IMG]

15. BaronVonMonster

Well, we don't want you to rollover and die that's for sure!?

You'll be pleased to know that one of our test devices is actually an iPod 4th Gen and the game does indeed run on it :)

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Darn I really wanted the game this week. Btw, if the icon is the diver looking at the coins (on your website), that app icon is beautiful :)

I do hope the game is a success once it's launched!

I'll replace your biscuits with donuts if you launch it tomorrow ;)

17. BaronVonMonster

Hello all! Sorry for being so quite, it's been a crazy few days and I've only just surfaced for air (and to check the internetz).

Deep Loot is still in a bit of an odd place as we're dealing with an issue we don't have much control over :( Basically a plug-in we are using is causing the game to crash on old iOS versions (such as 4.0). We're still hoping the plug-in creators can help fix the issue but if not we're having to create an alternative system and strip some stuff out. It's a bit of a pain.

Still...we're slowly getting there and whilst sorting that we've also ironed out a few more glitches and bugs.

So.

Release date?

Well...we really really REALLY want it to be Thursday 24th July but if the plug-in issue isn't resolved by this weekend this might slip to Thursday 31st July.

Basically we'll know by Monday and the moment we have a definite date I'll swing by here and let you all know!

18. BaronVonMonster

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for being so active in this thread and keeping the pressure on us to get the game out ;)

It really means a lot to us that there are so many people out there eager to get their hands on our little game.

Thank you! Not long now...

[​IMG]

19. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I don't see that saying this will help you guys at all lol, but I'll say it anyway! It's definitely going to be worth the wait - this is easily one of my favourite games of the year so far. It's charming, addictive, clever and funny with so much to get done.

In fact, you should feel sorry for those of us with the game! We might lose a few stats when we update to the released version, the horror!