Universal Deep Dungeons of Doom (by Bossa Studios Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ninetail1030, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I think in perfect mode they are not scaled to fit screen resolution.

2. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Hmm on ipad 3 I get the logo then a black screen and it just hangs.

3. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    CEO,Programmer,Uh.. All Thing [ one-man Company :)
    Cleared 11 dungeons in 4 hours.
    little short for 2.99 but I really enjoyed this.

But It seems every dungeon has a secret but I cannot found any of them :(

Dungeon info screen says I found secret of first dungeon.
    but I don't know what I found.

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Greatest game to play on the toilet ever! There's a lot to love about this game, from the music, animations, boss fights, to the unlockable skill trees and loot. I didnt pay 2.99 and I doubt I will, but I'm pretty happy repeating the free stages.

Only had two small problems with this game, the hitbox for defend was a tad small so if you tapped slightly off the shield it wouldn't register. And the attack button is almost begging for a sound refresh trigger, this way I would know it's ready without moving my finger to see it flash. I'm not sure how annoying the sound fx would get over time, but if it meant spending more time looking at the cool artwork and less at a flashing button, I'm all for it.

5. SyKot

SyKot Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Can someone explain me what are those options when you die.
    The revenge and the return to the map.
    The Revenge has a spinwheel which selects some sort of icon and then you restart the dungeon. The return to map says you get 10% of the gold. Is it 10% of the gold you gained on that run or of all the gold you had in bank?

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The hitbox for defend is the entire left half of the play area. You don't have to hit anywhere near the shield button.

Revenge is replay with a randomly selected perk. Return to map is give up and take a small portion of the gold you found in that run.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Okay I just figured out that there's a loot chest! Now I can do runs with my knight and collect loot for my other characters.

8. logik2000

logik2000 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    #48 logik2000, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    The latest update introduced a heck of a bug. If I tapped something in my loot without dragging, the tile would shift and whole game would lock. In stores, "yes" in the confirmation dialog was unresponsive, but "no" would back me out, only to find the item in my loot, but would lock up the game if I tried to equip it. One time, hitting "yes" repeatedly ended up filling up my entire loot chest with the item. The dungeon that ends with Krom would shift the screen after defeating him, as if going to another floor, then lock up. Starting the ice dungeon, I'd defeat the first enemy (bear), the block and attack buttons would stay active, but nothing else would happen. Ultimately, I reinstalled the game, and now it launches straight to a black screen.

Actually, replace "heck of a bug" with "full on bug implosion". Heh.

Before that, I was loving it. I'm really enjoying the surge in clever, well executed, ultra-basic retro aesthetic games like this, Slayin, and Nimble Quest over the past number of months.

iPhone 5
    iOS 6.1.4

9. SyKot

SyKot Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks!

10. deathfisaro

deathfisaro Member

Aug 20, 2011
    So I've replayed the first mission after unlocking all 3 careers to see how they work, and after beating it with the Crusader and the Witch it said "secrets found" under "explored" instead of "???"s.
    The problem is, I don't know what secret I found as the game went pretty normal.

All I did was beat that stage perfectly with the Witch (x50 multiplier / no damage taken), and yet beating other stages perfectly doesn't reveal the secret so I'm a bit lost.

As for the "paywall" I don't think this is really a paywall. It's like Lite version and Full version in one so if you like the game you can have your entire progress carry over seamlessly.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Just tried it due to the excellent front page review and was going to say the same... So quoted for truth :)

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes thats not a paywall at all, its the price to unlock the full game if you want to keep playing. This way avoids piracy and its a good way to hook :p

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here. Totally agree.

Made me think though... The combat system can be used for a game that can look like Infinity Blade (camera views, high-res visual styles), since battles are done 1v1 too.

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #54 TheFrost, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    Fun game until the fun went away by the IAP.

Its a joke: 50 revives for 60€? LOL. What in the world was the developer thinking when he made this choice? That he was going to get rich? The reality is than his next game arrives people just wont buy it and be really hesitant with it. We are not stupid.

Edit: Forgot to mention that 1 revive costs 1$...

And there is more IAP for gold but didn't care to look it... And 3$ for the full unlock, but this I wasn't going to hesitate at all to buy.

Really pissed if by this and angry, the game was friking excellent, but no, he had to ruin it completely. Damn what a shame. Instantly deleted. Now I understand why the thread is full of complaints about IAP. Lost me for you future games as a customer. Bye bye.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Aw... Just looked at the IAPs myself and they are as you said they were. I never bothered to check the IAPs earlier as i still had Airplane Mode active thanks to Gangstar Vegas.

This pay model is just too sad. Fortunately i wasnt able to buy the IAP unlock yet. I guess i'll just play what i can, and then delete when i hit something bad.

Thanks for the headsup Frost

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Glad to help you Exact-Psience. :)

To all consumers: Don't give money to this kind of games unless you want the future to be like this. In my opinion its a terrible future.

Going to write a really bad iTunes review. Im getting really pissed and tired with this money traps.

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    To me, the revive IAP is just a cheat to continue the game. Think of the game as a rogue like, with IAP cheat to continue after you die. If you don't learn the timing of the attacks, you may die.

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    For you, me and hardcore gamers, yes. But to the unaware consumer, no.

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Except that the main goal is to reach an endless dungeon (and for me at least) compete on a leaderboard. "Cheats" make the game pay to win and leaderboards in a pay to win game are just dumb.

Forgetting about the endless dungeon and just looking at the campaign, there just isn't enough content to warrant a $2.99 purchase IMO.

20. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah, I agree too. I guess I never tried to see if after using a revive, the score resets or continues. I do hate pay win for leaderboards.. That said, as much fun as I had, I also already deleted this game. I have to be in the zone to enjoy it..otherwise my timing totally falls off. Not a game for me to enjoy when I want to turn my mind off. It is a good fun game, kinda like Slayin' to me. Some light RPG element, but with actual loot.