Universal Deep Dungeons of Doom (by Bossa Studios Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ninetail1030, Jun 4, 2013.

1. wahoyaho

wahoyaho Member

Aug 19, 2012
    What's the pixel perfect option for?

2. AppyNation

AppyNation Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    London
    Only played a little bit but so far it's fun. The graphics are GORGEOUS (if a little heavily 'inspired' by Sworcery... ;D )

3. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    this game rocks SO hard. love it!

4. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    ^Ironic^ ;)

DBC

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This game is great for about half an hour, then it's over. I'm not going to pay the 3 bucks for another half hour of content though, just don't think it's worth it. The endless dungeon might be fun, but the leaderboard doesn't have much meaning since you can buy your way to high scores. I would probably buy the expansion if it weren't for the consumables. Oh well, another game with potential, ruined by consumables. I'd still say its worth the download to work through the free content. There's a lot more depth (in terms of complexity and nuance, not length) to the game than it first appears.

6. Dephin

Dephin Member

May 8, 2012
    Self employed cladder
    South englaaand
    Quite enjoying this, done the first five dungeons over the past day or so, found no paywall so far, and unlocked the three classes and all 6 of the current upgrades available to me, havent paid a thing yet.

Combats is simple but keeps you on your toes with its constant to and fro of attack/defense, and timing your charge moves just right to heal/get a sneaky crit in. Quite a refreshing change from the "bump into enemies until they/you die."

Definitely worth checking if you're a fan of the genre.

7. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    The paywall is when you try to enter the sixth dungeon I believe.

8. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Pay wall? It's 2.99. I swear, these new mobile users are so cheap. Go back to playing COD and pay 60.00 bucks. There is no pay wall. I still have no idea why I read reviews here. Oh well... Let the complaining continue.

9. Fleabag323

Dec 19, 2008
    A paywall is the point in a game or webpage at which you cannot continue with new content unless you pay. The amount you pay does not matter. If the paywall has a low cost, that does not exempt it from being a paywall. In the same way that it wouldn't make sense to call all games that cost $2.99 or less free, it would not make sense to say this game doesn't have a paywall.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I don't know that there is a paywall technically. The last dungeon is endless so no matter how much you pay, you will not reach an ending. My issue however is that while the endless dungeon might be fun, I would mostly be interested in it for leaderboard competition, but the IAPs make that pointless. You could eventually make enough gold to buy all your skills, but you would never be able to compete with people who buy gold to get shop items in the dungeon, and buy extra revives.

11. Fleabag323

Dec 19, 2008
    The endless dungeon is after the paywall... If you can't reach the end of one of the free dungeons, that's just because you're dying too soon. ;)

12. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    When someoneis not skilllful enough he'll start crying about paywalls. Modern life of hardcore gaming.

13. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    I'm not sure I understand this. The game is quite easy and I have completed all available dungeons. Now I can no longer progress unless I buy more dungeons.

While this game is entertaining i don't feel as though it is worth the price of the IAP, especially as it seems there isn't much more gameplay depth to the game past what I've already seen. It's a bit too simple to be worth $3 to me.

14. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    It's not a recurring paywall though. Its akin to DLC where u pay an amount of fee to unlock the particular content.

Would you call warhammer quest's skaven expansion a paywall? I wouldn't.

15. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Lol. Keep crying about pay walls. It isn't a pay wall. Maybe you should just uninstall

16. Jacey_King

Jacey_King Active Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Its just 3$ for god's sake. Have you any idea how much dedication and effort does it take to make a game, no matter how simple the graphics may look? And the devs gave half away for free, dammit, whiners have no respect for artists.

17. AppyNation

AppyNation Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    London
    I gotta be honest, the character design is very similar in both. The long thin arms and legs, the squat bodies, the relaxed & loose poses. It's very similar. Sure there is more explicit detail and a different (more saturated) palette, but the main focus of the game - the characters - definitely share a lot of style.

18. Fleabag323

Dec 19, 2008
    #38 Fleabag323, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    I am not crying about a paywall. I am stating that there is a paywall. You're assigning some sort of negative connotation to the word that I'm not. All having a paywall means is that there is a point at which only paid users are allowed access to further content - nothing more. If you want to call it the full version unlock, so be it. They mean the same thing.

There's nothing wrong about paywalls; I just don't think there's enough content in this situation to support the price (especially when people paying for coins and resurrections would be able to more easily get high scores).

Also, I did uninstall.

19. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Awesome gameplay and art. Not sure about the IAP.

20. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    What is the pixel perfect option in the settings?