Universal Deemo - (by Rayark Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ausar, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Wow, really nice graphics, especially on the intro, and great music. Really makes you feel kinda like you are playing a piano or something. Nice polish.

2. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #22 EightRooks, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    Unlocked sixteen songs, and I'm leaning more and more towards there being 18 songs by default with the IAP packs as the remaining 10. The progression and the secret unlocks I've found so far - uh, just in case anyone cares I'll spoiler it, but
    you get a cutscene when the tree is at I think 1 meter, 2 meters, 4 meters and 10 meters (there may well be more, the "story" hasn't finished or anything), the third menu area (the attic) opens up at 10 meters and there are two hidden songs in both the second and third area (the study and the attic). You get at least a couple of different mangled little bits of flavour text from tapping on every hotspot but Deemo himself - he doesn't seem to speak.

I'll never be able to do even a fraction of the Hard patterns, I know that, but I'm still really, really enjoying this. Could be a lot better with a bit more money and time invested in the presentation - it's crying out for a proper (original) Theatrhythm-style single-player mode - but the terrific soundtrack, the wonderful atmosphere and some clever patterns really make up for it. Such a shame this had to come out in such a busy week, because I think it's pretty much going to be ignored by this forum in general, when to be honest I think it stands up just fine next to the big hitters like Oceanhorn and Epoch 2.

3. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    There's a song you can unlock by tapping on the tablecloth in the room where you can look at the IAP. Not sure if there are anymore to find, I wonder if the chest can be opened in that room as well.

4. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Again, spoilers just in case anyone doesn't want to know:
    In the library, there's one underneath the tablecloth, one in the chest - not sure what opens it but it does open after a while. It's empty after that, AFAIK.

In the attic, there's one behind an... ornament, I think it was, up against the wall near the exit, and one under some broken glass on the floor (I think that appears after you move the ornament but I'm not sure).

Not seen any more yet - might be tied to getting particular scores or whatever, Cytus had a couple like that.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im really enjoying this one. So far, after testing out all my purchases, this and EPOCH.2 take turns eating my playtime.

6. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    This is just awesome. o_O Really nice music tracks, nice art, well put together.

7. sprkapple

sprkapple New Member

Nov 18, 2013
    #27 sprkapple, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    I'm at 17 songs now, and I think that new songs just appear eventually.

Another hidden song
    after you find "Electron" under the broken glass: after some time, or maybe after your tree reaches a certain height (I'm not sure) you can find another song called "Pulse" in the tree itself.

I'm not sure if new songs are tied to song scores. In Cytus, the secret songs are actually unlocked by creatively interacting with the song image. Hopefully Deemo also won't have songs locked by scores. But I am curious on how to unlock the rest of the songs.

8. sprkapple

sprkapple New Member

Nov 18, 2013
    While poking around, I found these numbers
    121.518549 and 25.040854
    . Does anyone know what they're for? I hope they're not how tall we're supposed to grow the tree… it's taking long enough as it is.

9. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    This game is way better than I thought. Thanks for all the tips for unlocking songs! Not really a 'puzzle' type of guy, so lazy when it comes to figuring out clues. :D

10. DeMoNiCxTuToR

DeMoNiCxTuToR Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Is there like an unlock guide for this game? I unlocked both songs in the Library and 1 in the Attic behind the Wheel thingy near the door. I dont see no broken glass mentioned in a previous post. Is there some kinda of thing i need to do to get the 2nd Song in the Attic?

11. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    After clearing a few songs, I think 4th song, you can click the once locked chest in the library for a song. Or maybe it has got to do with the tree number.

12. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Hey guys. I have unlocked 16 Songs so far. Tree is at around 14 m if I am not mistaken. So far here are the unlocks that I did:

1. The Room on the left, Under the Table, unlocks a song.
    2. The Room on the left, After clearing a few songs, 4th or 5th one, the Chest unlocks a song too.
    3. The Room on the right, I think it is a boat steering wheel, unlocks a song.
    4. The Room on the right, I think after a certain tree height, there will be broken glasses on the floor, unlocks a song.

I would assume that the 28 songs includes the iAP? Any other unlocks?

13. Really liking the music and polish on this game. Really impressive.

14. seph454

seph454 Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Dumb question but how do you unlock normal and hard? I've unlocked all the songs but I still can only play on easy

15. korpsx

korpsx New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Where is the attic?

People keep talking about an attic? The room to the right?

I can only go to the library? How do you unlock the attic?

16. Quemaqua

Quemaqua New Member

Dec 6, 2013
    I'm guessing there's not even a slight chance of this working on an iPod Touch 3G? Seems like I can't play almost anything new these days.

17. Simply tap the note icon at the left of the song on the list.

Keep playing, you'll unlock it later.

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Finally got around to putting serious time into this last night. Like others, I scratched my head a while on switching difficulties. I've managed to unlock the first three songs in the menu area. I didn't even realize that was there. It was nice playing and not knowing anything :) . Difficulty does indeed ramp up. But at the same time it also more closely matches the actual music. Easy and Normal most of the time have a lot of content that doesn't match the piano bits playing... but man Hard is proper difficult. Then again Cytus felt that way until the songs were drilled into my memory.

Overall, I love the presentation. There's very little distraction in the background other than in easy mode when there are so few notes that you can see black notes being played in the background and radiating up from the black line. It's not distracting but it's more noticeable at the slower speed.

I lack unlocking three songs. Reading the spoilers, two of them are within reach by just playing the game more and growing the tree. The other I think will either be the note that can't be read.. or it could just be the mega high growth rate.

Story wise, the game is excellent. It doesn't need a lot to really figure out what's going on. No it's not as excellent as Frederic The Resurrection of Music. But that game really pushes the story where as this is a lot more abstract and open to interpretation. So I like it a lot. Once I finish more of the game I'll be able to better compare. So far though, what a good way to spend a couple bucks :)

That's the way the appstore is now. You have to log in to see prices, and then you have to confirm the purchase after making a selection. Opening the appstore listing and clicking the top iap list will often have them listed too.

19. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Last night I finally finished all available levels in the black on all difficulties. Nothing happened. I already hit the 20m mark so I guess other than perfecting runs there's nothing left story wise until the game is updated. Overall it's a great music game. I think I need a little more time to decide where it falls on my list of favorite music games. I've only managed to do a complete combo in many levels on easy, but getting perfect on the other side will be impossible. But still I need more time because it seems like the diffulty may be insurmountable... though I hope not.

20. Akari123

Akari123 New Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Some people told me this before and I even checked.
    If you type in those numbers as coordinates on google maps, they pinpoint the location for a hospital in Taiwan. This is what leads to many theories and a possible backstory about the girl.