Universal .Decluster: Into the Bullet Hell (by MASAYUKI ITO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    On Easy, starting at Level 1 and dying on the third stage boss, I think I scored about 10 million. This is probably around 1/5th the score (or even less) that others on this thread have racked up.

2. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    #62 poppichicken, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Sounds like we need a little TA competition!
    (Well, at least until Masayuki puts GC in).

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woohoo! Welcome to the forum, MasayukiIto!

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your game! I do have to mirror the comments here in saying that I would not be surprised to hear you have years of experience under your belt. Wether that's true or not... I'm not too sure it matters. But I am definitely hoping to see more games from you in the future.

Anyway, I hope you feel welcome here and thank you for this outstanding gaming experience. =oD

Now, I'm not sure if it's my phone or what, but sometimes I can get my own music to play alongside the game while other times it seems nothing I do will keep my music playing. Anyone else experiencing anything similar to this?

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #64 H4nd0fg0d, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Good call void! Haven't tried my own music yet, but I will. Been so consumed with the freakishly good gameplay I didn't even think about it. Big ups to the dev. Goodness what a monstrosity u've created. I'm a .decluster junky! I'm in bullet hell and I'm loving the heat!¡!¡!

5. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    To many good things said about this game.. Pressing buy right now.. I'll post my high score later ####

6. MasayukiIto

MasayukiIto Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

High scores of each level looks fun.

Thank you for your kind suggestions. I love both "Dot Decluster" and ".Decluster". This time I'll choose ".Decluster".

I didn't know people love so much Game Center.

I made 2 or 3 shmups for my joy and for learning programming several years ago. And then after I have gotten the iPhone, I was thinking I wanna make shmup. I began to create this game from last June or July. This is my short history about shmup.

This game was all made by myself. programing and sound and graphics.

I want to make more shmups, especially for the people who has not played shmup. I hope they will love shmups. But I don't know whether I will or not.

7. MasayukiIto

Patreon Bronze

I just re-create icon. get rid of Hi-Score. Good??

Attached Files:

8. poppichicken

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    #68 poppichicken, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    All by yourself? :eek:
    Amazing job! Really really incredible.
    You've created possibly the best shmup on iOS!
    (in my opinion)

What are your favourite shmups?
    Which games inspired .Decluster?

If you do decide to make another, please tell us on this forum.
    I think you already have quite a number of fans!

9. poppichicken

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Perfect. I love it.

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Maybe make the center image larger to fill up the icon some more?

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Love it. :)

Also, yeah...people DO love Game Center. :p I didn't care for it back in the day, but it's always awesome to be able to hit a button and see how you're doing compared to friends, etc.

12. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the info. Fantastic work on this game, very impressive that you made it entirely yourself! I will hope to see more games from you in the future. :)

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Oh wow...thanks. Way behind yet.

The icon looks exactly my way, not bigger not smaller.

Funny that our discussion goes about Dots and icons...your "mistake" my dear Masayuki for creating such a beast. I mean, look at the given possibilities in the menu. Everything has a sensitivity slider. Oh how i'd wish we could have that in every game.
    I can't tell anything about playing my own music since i'm not tired of the music. Will i ever want to play my own? Maybe, but it's definitely always nice to have this option, for sure.

14. MasayukiIto

Patreon Bronze

I love "Ikaruga" so much. It is my hero. I am influenced by it without knowing, I guess.

I've just checked that music (Music/Podcast app or something) is fading out when the game runs. It will be fixed in the next update.

15. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Looks SAWEEEEET!

16. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    I haven't done any scoring runs yet, so far I have mostly just been working on individual stages. I have completed all stages on Easy and Normal difficulties, and am currently working on stage 3 of hard mode - that stage 3 boss is nasty in hard mode! I have almost got him, but not quite yet.

I did go back a couple of days ago and did a run from level 1 through 5 on Easy mode and my score was 34 mil. Lots of room for improvement on that, I took 3 hits (1 each on stages 3,4,5) and also definitely did not cancel bullets at the most opportune times nor kill enemies in the fastest way possible.

For Normal mode I have not gone back yet to do an end to end run from level 1. My score on that mode is currently 22 mil, and that was from stages 1 through 4.

For hard mode my highest score is actually from stage 3 alone, it's currently around 6 mil.

Once I finish hard mode (if I ever do!) I will go back and start doing scoring runs on all difficulties.

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    My best score is 11.7 million on Easy, I lost all my lives on Stage 3. :eek:

18. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Amazing Game!!!

Easily one of the best shmups I've played for a long while.

I only wish I could change the color of the players ship weak spot to something else than white, because I find it difficult to differentiate it from the bullets sometimes.

Apart from that, I love it!!!

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This 100% some of the enemies look so transparent its hard to see them. I also would love some different color themes.

20. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Yep & yep^^^^^^^^^