Decision making: Space Invaders IG or Peggle... or another?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ROCKST4R, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ROCKST4R

ROCKST4R Active Member

Jul 14, 2009
    HELP.
    The money in my itunes account is burning a hole in my pockets, and i need those pockets for my iphone!

Im trying to decide between Space Invaders Infinity Gene or Peggle, or another game(s) entirely.

I'm willing to spend about 5$ (the cost of space invaders and peggle), and I'm taking any suggestions.

Now playing:
    Minigore, Baseball sluggers, doodle jump, Hero of Sparta, NFSU, Zombieville, fieldrunners, pirate bay, RSoccer09

2. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    #2 iFonePhanatic, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    I only have Peggle, which was definitely worth the $5, BUT it will most likely go on sale again in the future. It's crazy addictive and awesome so if you have to have it now then get it, but Space Infinity sounds pretty cool, so I would probably go with that

3. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Peggle

End of disscusion.

4. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    ThOse saying peggle have obviously not played siig. Siig wins by a long shot

5. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Space Invaders Infinity Gene.

Get both. You know you will, eventually.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The games are so matched in awesomeness, you seriously have to flip a coin. It doesn't matter which one you go with, you'll still be getting every penny's worth and more. Trust us, your fellow TAers ;)

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Both games are seriously just great, and picking between the two really depends on personal preferences. If you want a shooter, then SIIG is awesome...just makes sure you're not prone to seizures since the bright flashing lights are all over the place. If you want animal friends and fairy tale fantasy worlds involving pegs, then Peggle will more than exceed your expectations.

8. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    agreed, although I would probably get siig if I were you because it will not have a price drop anytime soon I don't think, but peggle might go on sale again. Both are worth the $5 though. I prefer siig personally because I love shooters so your choice.

9. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    The fact that Peggle has already gone on sale (Bookworm just did, so you never know) kind of makes it a hesitant one, but it's an addictive game.

Space Invaders IG is damn fun too. The most fun I've had with a vertical shooter in a while.

And both have equal amounts of replayability, in my opinion. Peggle has awards and medals for each level, as well as multiplayer; Space Invaders has its Music mode, creating levels based on whatever you choose in your playlist.

In all, it comes down to which genre interests you more.

(It kinda sucks that Peggle doesn't have backround music though, just a FYI)

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #10 ultimo, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    Worms! Period:D

Mods close this thread :p Decision making is ovr ;)

To substantiate...

Worms is Hilarious, complete randomness as no 2 games are the same (The Devs. hav said tht in the game)
    it'll also get a online multiplayer later this year :eek: tht is if u are interested
    Funny grafix, great gameplay, nice landscape, I have just been playing worms from the time I bought it, did not watch a movie / play anothr game :rolleyes:

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

both are great!

12. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I name SIIG as the unofficially worst game to play right before bed. It just knocked Geodefense, the former champ in that category, down a notch.

13. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE!!!! :cool:

14. ROCKST4R

ROCKST4R Active Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Haha, youre probably right.

I think I'm gonna get SIIG now, and if Peggle's price doesnt drop/go on sale any time soon I'll probably cave and get that too.

Thanks for all the help!

15. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Nice choice :) I held out on peggle and caught it on the $.99 sale earlier, so they might put it on sale again, but I don't see SIIG going on sale anytime soon.

16. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    At it's current state? You're kidding. Peggle and SPIG are two great games but I prefer SPIG quite a bit more.

17. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    What he said!
    :D

Awesome game... Peggle is over-rated.

18. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Neither.
    Get Beatrider, Zenonia, DDR-S (only if it is $0.99 in your region), and maybe HeavyMach if you can afford another $0.99.