iPad Debris Video

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Midnight Status, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Midnight Status

Midnight Status Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    #1 Midnight Status, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
    We finally got some gameplay footage uploaded to YouTube. This shows the new camera lock feature of version 1.4 which allows players to view the whole demolition site without constantly flicking the camera.

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    The video must not be fully available yet. I'd like to see it though, Debris looks like a good, fun game.

3. MidnightS

MidnightS Member

Dec 8, 2008
    OK, I think it's live now.

4. Midnight Status

Dec 12, 2008
    Thanks for the support, be sure to check out Cosmosis which should be available in the app store sometime tomorrow or Friday!

5. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Is this game good? It looks alright and is only $2.50.

6. Midnight Status

Dec 12, 2008
    Cosmosis is now live with online leaderboards.

7. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    How many builds to explode?

8. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Appearantly MidnightStatus is offline now, but I just got around to watching vid. Looks cool, wondering what the guy in the vid was doing after the first building was blown up. Looks like the accelerometer causes the "debris" to scatter is that a way to score points?

9. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Looks pretty neat...interesting concept...
    but what is the actual objective of the game besides touching buildings and making them blow up?

10. Midnight Status

Dec 12, 2008
    There's a little story with the game but the point of the gameplay is to get a high score by placing your bombs well. Bombs cost $1,000 and tilt costs $10,000 per second. Ideally you want to bring the buildings down without using tilt but that's very difficult. Once all the pieces are in contact with the ground the level ends. In addition each level has a secondary goal. I've made 4 updates this month and plan to keep expanding the game to further the playability.

11. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    How many different builds to explode?

12. Midnight Status

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently there are 5 locations as well as an unlockable game mode. Over the next few updates I'll be adding additional modes and demolition sites as well as online features.

13. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Why one can consider 5 locations enough? Would you mind to talk about the replay value? Thanks!

14. Midnight Status

Dec 12, 2008
    Each demolition can become very time consuming if you're going for a high score. In addition some are hard to solve in the first place. Then the unlockable game comes in and it's really solid for pick up and play sessions. Overall I do agree that more content would be better so I'm working on it but I wanted to start small and polish up the gameplay according to user feedback before making a ton of content that may not have worked. With the latest features recently added I feel good about adding new content.

15. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks midnight status! I've purchased and will review shortly.

16. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Hey Dev,

Great concept, but what's with the cardboard buildings?

Maybe its me, but the bricks all seem to have identical mass, regardless of size. This paper mass problem leads to some unnecessary frustration when trying to end a level. When attempting to tilt the loose pieces to the ground, they frequently insist on blowing around like loose tumbleweed and pile up on top of each other. Trying to fix this problem inevitably results in transposing the exact same pile to the opposite side of the screen. Getting that last piece to slide off and hit the ground is incredibly annoying. What makes things worse is that little police car just sitting there parked amidst the smoke and rubble- I'm sure he's laughing his ass off @ my complete inability to shuffle cardboard boxes free.

17. Midnight Status

Dec 12, 2008
    Hmmm... I'm on it, that can be changed either throughout the whole game or through some option or mode. I'll see what it feels like.

18. Midnight Status

Dec 12, 2008
    Has anyone completed this?

I'm comptemplating a complete overhaul of the gameplay mechanics. It seems like some people are really annoyed with the tilt aspect of the game. Originally this wasn't included but I wanted to add a way to get past the levels without placing the bombs perfectly.