Deathsmiles For Dummies®

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Coldcoffee, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Well I just realised that those high scores are because of an item that enables sucide bullets or Deathmode even at Novie difficulty in iPhone mode!

2. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    thanks, gonna play at hard mode more, to get it. :)

3. FL!ppY

FL!ppY Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    WOW!! This is THE thread!! Thx a lot coldcoffee for this!!

4. Thorwan

Thorwan Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Great guide, thanks a lot!

5. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Gotta get me one of those items.. =P
    lol..

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I have a question about the iPhone practice mode.

Chapter option: Is this related to the "item apparence chart"? Meaning picking the right chapter to see if to pick up life or magic (bomb) if its in the stage?

No Miss option: What is this? From a bit of googling, it sounds like "no miss" means no death? And from what I gathered, if you "no miss" to a stage, it means you just don't die up to that stage. And as long as you haven't died, the stage is supposed to be a little harder?

Man, Cave games can be confusing especially when trying for high scores... lol..

7. Kai555

Kai555 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    That's not correct. It's possible to choose all Rank 1 in all stages. I did it.

8. Coldcoffee

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Well the official guide book from Deathsmiles DVD said so... I guess it's only applicable for the arcades

9. Bigsby

Bigsby Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    does anyone know if the items in iphone are stacked together do they give better bonuses? since i know theres an achievement called True Power Unleased that you can unlock when you are able to collect 9 items of the same kind. just want a little clarification about this. thanks! :)

10. Coldcoffee

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    From my experience, the items don't stack. Infact the item with lower stats is taken into consideration. And you get the True Power Unleashed achievement when you collect 9 pieces of the same item.

11. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Might I ask which item it is?

12. Coldcoffee

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Its called Death Horn. Satan Doll which gives 4x Gold also helps in huge scores ALOT.

13. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    ^ Ahh ok, I'll keep an eye out for that one. Thanks for the help.

14. UnnatiKShah

UnnatiKShah New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    ColdCoffee Great Job U make us feel PROUD - Ur Proud Sis Udad

15. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #35 eev, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    tried to use the demon horn and also +4 gold item and it improves scoring, but still no idea how people get such highscores at gc.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Very cool. I always wondered why I should ever switch weapons and when. Thanks cold!

17. Coldcoffee

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Gonna add an item list soon when i get 100% items myself!

18. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    There are already two item lists available, though neither of them is fully complete. They are pretty close though. Currently, my item completion is at 99% and if the last 1% is a single item, then I already know which one I'm missing.

http://pent.semilunar.org/ds/itemlist.html
    Japanese Wiki (Google Translated version)

19. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Nice guide. :) I recently got myself an iDevice again so I've been back on a mobile cave shmup spree. Only recently got myself Deathsmiles now.

First thing I noticed in Arcade mode is that the powerup timer is slowed down seriously when compared to the Arcade/Xbox 360 versions. I managed to make my powerup last almost through the entire rock-spewing-out-of-the-walls part on Volcano, whereas usually I need to bomb out of it, refill, and do it again.

The other downfall to me is the fact that I main MBL. I haven't played Vanilla Deathsmiles in absolutely AGES. :) So this'll be handy to get me back on my feet.

20. Coldcoffee

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    I really have no idea about MBL or the arcade mode on other consoles because i don't own a XBOX XD Would be nice to see some gameplay videos from you now that your back :p