Universal Deathsmiles (by Cave)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    The freebie may be gone tho i gotta feeling Cave iz about to hit us with somethin
    gamma rayish

2. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Was probably just free to build hype for the upcoming release on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314180/

3. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    WOW
    No love 4 iOS?

4. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Somebody knows information about CAVE and all their games not updated to 64 bits?

Seriously, a reason why I use iOS is this publisher. I have all their games. On Android their used a external partner to port the games and the result was terrible.

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Has anyone heard?

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Unfortunately their site and social media are almost entirely Japanese. I’d like to know myself.

7. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I could be wrong, but it looks like a lot of CAVE shooters have just been updated. Some are currently discounted too. I know there’s a few here who will be happy with the news.

syntheticvoid likes this.
  8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    HOLY CRAP!!!!
    You're right!!!
    As I'm typing - Deathsmiles, Dodonpachi Maximum, Dodonpachi Resurrection HD (ONLY the HD build ATM) and Dodonpachi Blissful Death were all updated 4 hours ago....
    Here's hoping that the rest are getting updated too!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE POST!!!

Son of Anarchy and sugimulm like this.
  9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

HOLY S$&T!!!!!!

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah Touch Arcade did a story on it. Great news !! Finally !!

11. keroppikai

keroppikai Member

May 27, 2012
    Male
    English as a Second Language Teacher
    Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
    So excited when I heard Cave was updating Deathsmiles and some of their other games. Downloaded DS as soon as I saw the TA article today. However, Deathsmiles looks awful on my iphone xs. Everything looks like the screen has been smeared with vaseline, its all blurry and looks awful. Sad really, because of all their games, I was looking forward to playing Deathsmiles again.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmm bit of a lazy conversion. The screen doesnt auto rotate (?!?!) and its not full screen at all, dont mind a bit of a border but its huge. BUT i am thankful i can at least play it again

13. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    This is way too lazy sadly. Update for new ios? ok. Graphics look awful on bigger screens! ok but its a classic...And we get hugER borders? allright... BUT the touch controls dont effin work if you touch the borders.
    So yeah, you can play it, without autorotate, looking like crap, with huge borders, AND your fingers covering half of the tiny screen space to control. Total meh. I was so excited since i got DS back on my 4s and had fun. Now i find it almost unplayable.

14. Mark Pro

Mark Pro Member

Aug 15, 2019
    #694 Mark Pro, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Anyone downloaded any of 64bit updates? What do they look like on a modern iPad please? Are they ALL blurry?

15. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #695 anthony78, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Are the other Cave iPhone X updates better than this one? I only has this one but may but one of the others if they are better with the way the update was handled for X.

Also, which of the others is the best provided that the update looks good?

16. Mark Pro

Mark Pro Member

Aug 15, 2019
    These are screenshots from my iPad Pro of DoDonPachi Resurrection.

Attached Files:

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmmm.... is anyone else only getting gold with each 'treasure' item in Smartphone Mode? I just played through a game and didn't get ONE item.... only gold. Also, I'm not sure (gonna have to go back and check on my old phone w/ the old version) but even with the Lucky Charm, those treasure items aren't dropping as regularly as they did pre-update...

And yeah, it sucks that the borders are unresponsive. Not only here, but in each of the games that were updated.

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Strange. Borders are responsive for me in Dodonapachi Blissful Death and Dodonapachi Maximum. Just not this one.

Playing on an iPhone X.

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, that's weird.... I wonder why they aren't responsive for me in the DDP games...
    =/

I mean - in DoDonPachi - the buttons that are placed there work, it's just the ship movement that won't respond. It does respond so long as I drag my finger into it - but if I place my finger on a border, it will not respond. But also - only the section of the border where the button icons are (if you're playing with the buttons along the bottom of the screen, anyway) - there's a little goldish strip of a border under that and that IS responsive to touch.... it's so strange....
    And this is with and without the button icons set up along the bottom....

No clue what is up with it.... but these titles definitely need some tweaking.
    =X

I really hope this one (Deathsmiles) gets fixed first, as it seems to be the title that's the most effected by the unresponsive borders.

Anyway.... thank you for letting me know that it's (most likely) a device issue....
    FWIW, I'm running these on an iPhone 6S - latest OS.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Lots of updates today to the Cave games.

Death Smiles now rotates (Phew) as we all know everyone plays iOS games with the button on the right hand side ;)

Also you can increase the screen size slightly to 'large', still borders, unsure if that was there before. Anyway it rotates so all good