Universal Deathsmiles (by Cave)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oh OK, I've only been able to play it in 10-15 minute bursts since getting it this morning, was worried I would eventually lose hours of progress or something. Thanks :eek:

2. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    When did they add ads to the home page of this game?!? What a bunch of crap! $12 and they still include adds? This was my favorite Cave game, but now I'm off to leave a 1 star review.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It's not ads, it's the open feint game feed... And yes, it sucks.

4. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah but it's also adds, because it's advertising a ton of other unrelated games. I love DeathSmiles and all Cave games, but they're gonna get a 1 star review from me everytime they do this. I have lots of open feint games, but none that are this intrusive with scrolling adds on the home page.

I wish devs would stop using open feint in general, it does nothing but annoy me, and cause them bad reviews because of it.

5. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    11 dollars for an IPHONE GAME?!

Are you people mentally ill, drunk, suffering from brain damage and lead poisoning ALL AT THE SAME TIME?!

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This post is so ignorant, I don't even know where to begin.

7. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    Just google Cave games or Cave games xbox 360

.... Nah... Just go back to your Angry Birds Lite

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Nah, just ignore 'im. There's no reason to get into it with someone like that.

9. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

How about quoting straight from the developer?
    Mikio Watanabe, COO of shmup developer Cave, made some interesting comments about their premium pricing at GDC, which popular gaming news site Joystiq covered.

10. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    #630 Anctoh, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    I hate angry birds. This game is overpriced.
    �������� off.

Secondly, I never questioned the quality of their games. I am questioning the fact that their games are 7 dollars when you can get a fine-quality game for 1-3 dollars. This? This is just outrageous.

I'm not going to argue with crazy people. Goodbye.

11. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Thankfully there are enough of us "crazy" people that you can still find quality games amidst all of the crap. If everyone was only willing to spend a buck or two for quality, you wouldn't find much beyond physics puzzlers and match 3's.

12. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    *Looks at Infinity Blade*

*Shakes head and walks away*

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    How much was IB when it was released over a year ago? How much was IB2 when it first released?

*Shakes head and walks away*

14. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    5 Dollars.
    Both of them. That's acceptable for an iPhone game with amazing graphics
    (not that it really matters, though.) That clearly shows work put in, with multiplayer support (Currently only IB 1) and ever-lasting gameplay. Goals such as mastering all of your equipment (both of them) and finding all the endings.

15. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    #635 0-FeliX-0, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    ... They were $6 and $7 respectively. If you like the Bullet Hell genre, then you'll understand why this game is worth $11. If you don't like it, then push off. You've been spoiled too much by the standard pricing for iOS games.

16. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    I LOVE the bullet hell genre. This is still ridiculous.

For Instance, Danmaku Unlimited is 2 dollars. That is fairly reasonable for a good game.

11 Dollars? Yeah, no. I would expect an indie PC/Mac game to be around there, maybe more.

17. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, first, your initial post was very troll-like. Second, your facts have been wrong. IB and IB2 were both more than 5 dollars. Third, if you "LOVE the bullet hell genre" than your "arguments" are even more ridiculous than I originally thought. I just assumed you were ignorant of Cave and this niche genre. These are stellar ports of console games with new iOS-specific modes included. Price arguments are usually pointless, but you don't usually hear arguments about Cave games since they are the absolute best in their admittedly niche genre.

18. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    How is my argument rediculous? I wouldn't care if this game summoned chuck norris to shit money and rainbows, it is still not worth 11 damn dollars (Okay, that might be worth it..)

19. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Bottom line, you get what you pay for. If you invest time into making a game, do you want to sell it to others for 99 cents to a niche market or make a few extra bucks per sale? Bullet hell isn't as accessible to everyone as angry birds.

20. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I refer to my earlier point that price arguments are usually pointless. Some are more than others...