Universal Deathsmiles (by Cave)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    where?

where do i find the banshing broom?

2. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    castle at hard mode, scythes drop it.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thank you.

4. idespair

idespair Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    #604 idespair, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
    Can anyone confirm whether the full version is working on iOS5? The lite hasn't ever worked, but there was a recent update to the main game which I'm hoping fixed the crashing issue.

5. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Frome CaveĀ“s Twitter:
    We're working on an update for the Deathsmiles iOS5 issue at the moment. Will update when we have a release date for it!

6. idespair

idespair Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Cheers for that. Not a Twitter user, so had missed the comment. Given they were told in July that there was a problem it still seems a bit daft that they've left it until now to fix though.

7. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I can't believe this game is incompatible with iOS5, what a nightmare! For $12 it should be updated and working the day iOS5 was released.

8. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    They have already submitted the patch and they are awaiting apple's approval.

9. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Update is out!
    Game runs now on iOS 5!

10. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Has anyone been able to purchase the lucky charm? The IAP is on sale at the moment but every time I try I get "the item is being modified", been doing this for about 5 hours.

11. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    What does the lucky charm do exactly?

12. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    It increases the drop rate by a ton.

13. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Is it normally $3.99 or is that the sale price? With it being "75% off" I figured that it would drop to 99c. Can't imagine the normal price is $16...

14. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    That would be the normal price. If they announced that there would be a sale, then I'm guessing the prices haven't switched over yet?

15. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks for clarifying. The price change just showed up but it still reads as being modified.

Of the weapons or other items that are IAP, does anyone have any recommendations? I am surprised to find that in fact none of the DLC items actually improve my character stats at all, but maybe some of them have hidden advantages I'm not aware of?

16. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

I finally started playing this after picking up a few IAPs during the sale (Lucky Charm and the Princess Set, adding to Cave's "tip jar" for the most part). I have to say that while the iPhone mode really adds some near ideas, overall the base game is probably the least iPhone friendly. There's too many buttons to pay attention to while with Espgaluda II and DDP you mostly had to focus on just dodging.

But the treasure drop thing can be a little addicting. Although even with the Princess Set I'm being taken down in two hits on the Hades Castle stage on Normal Mode.

17. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Hmm. I find Espgaluda II much more button intensive if your are trying to go for score...it doesn't have auto-bomb like Deathsmiles and Dodonpachi Resurrection, unless you are in the slowdown mode (or speedup mode if you have no gems).

18. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

I'm speaking mostly on the iPhone specific versions, since I can boot up my 360 to get the "true" arcade modes out of each game. I felt Espgaluda II's iPhone mode was pretty strong in its auto-shot variant. In Deathsmiles you need to pay attention to the left/right button and the shot/laser button even on its simplest execution.

19. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Is there any form of saving in this game? When I'm playing in "smartphone" mode, and close the app for any length of time over maybe half an hour, I have start back at stage 1-1. I don't usually have time to sit and play the game front-to-back, is there any way to save my progress along the way?? Thanks :D

20. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Don't close the app?

Actually, your gold and items are saved after each level, so even though your progress in an attempt is reset, you still save all of your gear. It's not that bad really, since a full playthrough takes like 30min.