Death Road to Canada - From Rocketcat Games/Madgarden

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kepa, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I already bought it twice on steam and told a bunch of frieds about it. Might even buy some copies later and gift some more people.

But, for me, mobile >>>>>>>>>> than PC. This is the kind of game I thing it is perfect to play on the iphone and ipad. So, I might postpone the fun as long as you take to make it work on iOS.

No rush, though, since I have many games from you guys that a play on a daily basis, like Punch Quest and Wayward Souls. ;)

2. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Posting this newer footage trailer:

Wow, thanks!

3. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Kepa! Keep us posted on how the ios release is moving along....if you need any beta testers, let me know I'd love to put it through the paces!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ninjawarrior

ninjawarrior Member

Jun 24, 2016
    It looks amazing!!!!!!! Sign me up!

5. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I just bought it on PC to thank the devs, waiting for iOS release now!

6. Wytegurls4lyfe

Wytegurls4lyfe Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Ios

Release IOS please!

7. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Quick question Kepa, noticed on Twitter that you guys now think that it might take like longer than about a month to release iOS version (maybe even two months?)

Just wondering, did you guys run into a problem recently with the iOS version that caused this?

8. Wytegurls4lyfe

Jul 23, 2016
    Let it be one month please.

9. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #109 Dankrio, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Finally was able to play some (won't again until iOS release) after I got home drunk. That was a short trip, albeit a fun one. Lol

Told a fellow survivor found on a building to cool it (always the best option, remember) and a bit later I tried to raise my arms and defend a camp of survivors from bandits, which obviously was a great idea to begin with which made everyone killed.

Those damn humans. Way worse than zombies!

Please, take your time to polish the iOS version for release after you adress the remanining Steam problems. Even if I am almost dying to play the game... Congratulations for the game!

10. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    You are kidding me?!

When the hell will I finally get my hands on this?

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Until the iOS release, I am gonna mess a little with custom characters and create some friends/family to face the zombie (almost)apocalypse.

Since there aren't that many options it wouldn't take much work to reproduce on iOS, even if there's no cross-save yet. Can't wait to have some mobile fun!

12. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #112 Kepa, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016

Ok, I'll post news in here as it pops up. Pretty busy with Steam support stuff now.

Thanks!

Nope. Need to do Steam support first (esp for the crash bug hitting some people). And then for iOS, we want to do something fancy for it. Most likely Apple Replay support. So that'll take a little while. Also, the approval time for a game after you submit it on the App Store is like ~2 weeks to be safe. So that's a chunk of time right there.

A friend kept getting nuked by bandits, so I actually nerfed them a bit for the launch. The first 5 gameplay modes now include an "Easier Bandits" setting built into them. Once you get to the harder modes, you get to experience the Classic Bandits as I intended them. They absolutely murder you.

13. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Say it ain't so!!!! Fix the few crash bugs with the. Steam version and get that shit on the app store!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Trying to hold out for the mobile version but I'm so tempted jump in now and get the steam version. Need cross buy between iOS and Steam!

15. Wytegurls4lyfe

Jul 23, 2016
    Idk cross platform saving still isn't out for WS. Might be a while before we get it for death road.

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Why not both? These guys deserve it. ;)

17. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Had my farthest run today with 6 days left to Canada. I simply couldn't handle that zombie siege alone :(

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Life is a joyrney, not a destination. Lol

19. iTester

iTester Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Tester
    ios city
    Kepa. Can you post link to download instruction manual here . Would lov to keep in my collection of zombies game

20. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I couldn't help myself and wait for the iOS release. Man, this game is so much fun. I suck and didn't get very far, but it was enjoyable all the same.

I am gonna get to Canada... eventually. In the mean time, I am gonna die trying. No matter how long it takes. lol

Higly recommended.