Death Road to Canada - From Rocketcat Games/Madgarden

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kepa, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

I'm posting a full run of one of the harder difficulty modes this week, until the game is out for PC on Friday. Here's the first of that series. Youtube description has more details about everything that's happening in the footage.

After the PC version, I'll be posting in here a lot more. iOS version should be out roughly a month after. It's already running on mobile, though there's a lot of stuff we want to do there like Apple Replay.

This turned out to be a huge game! Way bigger than Wayward Souls. And it'll get even bigger, because we're doing our usual thing of updating the game for long after it's launched. Being on PC makes content updates and testing even easier, so it should be interesting to see what we do.

We'll keep doing big deep mobile games until the prophecies come true and paid games die on the platform. If that happened I think I'd still make mobile games, but the design would have to change. I keep threatening everyone with that boyfriend simulation game where your boyfriend is a fish with a hunky human face.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    You just made my day!

I hope this scenario never comes (but I'd be interested in playing this weird game. Lol).

I just regret I've not heard of the kickstarter until it was too late. I'd be glad to throw some dollars on the game and support you guys.

Keep up the great work. Day one purchase from me.

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Bigger than WS??? This is an amazing post. Everything you guys touch is gold.

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Can I buy the pc game at least yet

5. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Been waiting literally years for this one, can't wait for the iOS release, never been a PC gamer... This game is gonna be HUUUUGGEEEE!

6. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Who wouldn't want a new Seaman game?

[​IMG]

7. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Should be available on Friday.

Like Seaman but more romantic

8. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Personally, I have no interest in Seaman, but will be smashing the buy button for Death Road to Canada!

9. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I'll probably just get both versions since that way the wait for mobile won't be so painful

10. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I might buy both to support them, but won't touch the PC version. Mobile is the way to go. Lol

11. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Please do! Later on I'm pretty sure we're going to include cross-platform saves. I'll be testing this in Wayward Souls, that update is still coming.

Here's the next video in the series. This is in Familiar Characters EXTREME mode. That means 60% more zombies, and all the characters you find tend to be ones you've made in the character maker. Spoilers: I had an amazing start in video #1 and then it pretty much implodes right after.

12. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah pretty much same here . I usually don't double dip but these guys totally deserve it 100%

13. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  14. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #74 Dailon80, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Great article TA and I think I'm going to get both the PC and mobile versions simply cuz I can't wait another month to play this game. I have been following the development for over a year and this is a very exciting game. But until that article I had never made the connection to wayward souls which to me is one of the greatest App Store games in existence and has provided me hours of gaming joy.
    Finally it's time for death road to Canada paint me stoked as hell. Thanks guys for your hard work and now to tell my friends!

Anyone know the price for PC version?
    I will pay whatever ha
    I think this could be my personal game of the year so far mine is romancing saga 2 with crypt of the necrodancer a very close 2nd

15. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    So, um Kepa... Are you gonna do the same thing as you did for the WS launch. Ya know the contest. Now that was a blast!

Can't wait for this one!

16. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Lol I actually beat that game with my ex! Ahahahahaha

17. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    From Rocketcat's FB page:

"PC's $15, and a little cheaper if you get it on launch week. Mobile version will probably be $7, around a month after the PC version comes out."

18. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    You were playing it wrong. :D

19. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    This stance on mobile should be rewarded.

Please, make a "donate" button, so we can throw some more dollars if we feel like it.

20. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    We may do some sort of contest for launch week, maybe related to streaming or video sharing if we get those in.

Yeah this is the plan.

Might look into Patreon as a general "help us make free updates" fund.