Universal Death Road to Canada (by Rocketcat LLC) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2017]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just searched the game to see if it was on sale and it actually was on the U.K. store, appsliced doesn’t say so yet but for 5.99 the cheapest I’ve ever seen it on iOS I’ve finally purchased this one.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

It’s so good. One of those timeless classics :cool:

If you have a Switch and like the mobile version, grab it there sometime too. The local co-op is super fun. :)

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’m looking forward to finally trying it, although I am playing a fair few games at the minute and going to get Monster Train too but I’m sure I’ll make time for this one.

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Is the controls like in Wayward Souls? Does the game require pretty precise dpad movement?

While I had fun with Wayward Souls, I remember I never clicked with the controls..especially during the tense moments so never progressed very far. Kinda concerned if this game has the same controls.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #1105 ste86uk, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    I bought it on the sale thinking well it hasn’t been updated in a year maybe it won’t be supported more now as it has been out for a long time. Then a big update dropped today!

@tops2 I can’t answer yet as I haven’t had chance to play but I’ll let you know when I do know if nobody answers before then.

tops2 likes this.
  6. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Ok, finally bit. Never been the biggest fan of MG or WS, but Punch Quest is in my mobile top five all time.

Here’s this game with five years of content updates, almost a hundred save spots for custom characters, dozens (hundreds?) of unlockables, AND NO CLOUD SAVE?! Hell, it doesn’t even have manual file backup like MG and WS do! I just don’t get it. Totally saps my desire to sink serious time into unlocking and customizing if I can’t enjoy it on more than one device or back up my progress.

7. Sagar Asthana

Sagar Asthana Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    i would suggest cheat codes if not the cloud save system for iOS. it's a pain to start from scratch on every new iOS device.
    i have suggested to Kepa about adding cheat codes to the game many times but idk if it's too tough or what cause he has never added them ever even after multiple requests. wayward souls has that cheat code option so i never feel the need for cloud save option. if you're reading this Kepa, please if possible add cheat codes for the game, it would help a lot of us

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    You would think with all the updates it’s had they could have added cloud save. But it’s not the end of the world for me personally but I’d still rather it be there than not be.

Alex DeLargest likes this.