Universal Death Road to Canada (by Rocketcat LLC) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2017]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 22, 2017.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Did I really just pay £8 for about 50MB? Yes, yes I did. Love that the file sizes are so tiny. Looking forward to getting into this.

2. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Guys, I got a rifle and a gun with ammo, but I only know how to melee attack with them. How do I shoot?

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    If you are a martial artist, you can't.

4. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    thank you and sorry for late reply
    because it worked and i dived in too much

i'm waiting until today from 2014...
    grrrrreat game!! so happy!

5. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    And so, my first journey in the launch build begins.

My two randoms (always play that way, it is much more fun, imo) are Elsi, a Big Bruiser and Frantic Whiner and Magnus, an Ultrafit Berserker.

So, I collect some loot on a quiet hotel and move on. Later found a Wedgee Board with Ghosts on the road with an alert that it might bring bad luck. Don't want to mess with this kind of stuff so early, since I am afraid. Lol My caution is higher than my curiosity, so better leave this stuff alone.

Later I raid an Medical Store and get some supplies. Then I find a Trader Camp in which I get some fitness training for 6 food. Better be prepared to run on a zombie apocalypse, right? It leaves me with 2 food. A while later I find January, who claims to be a good shooter, but is she really? Despite my best judgement I recruit her to my crew. We pass the night without enough food and morale is getting low. Then, I find another trader camper and some seller pity me and give me shuriken and a cleaver. I find Cesar there, my friend Surgeon, but can't afford to bring him into the team, since supplies are low. After that I go into a siege and slay the zombies. Some morale and skill gains.

On the next day I can choose between apartments or hermit cabin (this one flashing, which means danger). I am not prepared enough, so I play it safe. And it was a good choice, since I loot all the apartments and found some weapons, a lot of ammo, a few medkits and, more importantly, 14 food. So I can feed my crew for another two days and some.

Things are starting to get brighter on the Death Road to Canada.

6. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015

I was unstoppadle with the anime girl and black witches cat!!

7. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    I see. That explains it!

So in the top left corner, there's a clock but also what looks like a clover and a number to the right. What does this mean?

8. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Day time and numbers of days left to Canada.

Edit: Also keep in mind that there are 3 different types of ammo for different weapons.

Also, the zombies become more agressive the later it gets. The same goes for when rain starts.

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i need some movement settings advice. i end up dragging my finger all over the screen trying to make them go faster or maneuver between furniture. its like my finger moves too fast and they move too slow. WS movement was perfect and i was hoping for the same here.
    What's changed, and how can i set it up like WS? or is the movement speed generally designed to be so slow?
    other than that, loving the humor and the endless customisation and randomness. just please help me move better!

10. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Bought ..... aaaaaaand I'm officially done buying iOS games for three months.

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    The movement is intended to be a little clunky by design, I guess. It is the same way on Steam.

But try a little more and see if you get used to it.

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #53 curtisrshideler, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    I'm definitely enjoying the controls. Very easy for me to pick up. I wanted to test the save system, so I closed out of the app before I left the safe house and reopened it and it made me start over. So, it doesn't save with each new room? When does it save?

EDIT: Ahhhh, it was only a tutorial??? Hahaha. Well, guess I'll find out when I get a chance to dive in to the full game later!

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Yeeeeeeessssss!!!

Finally it's out, thanks Rocketcat!:D

14. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    This game looks like so much fun! Unfortunately I've got to wait until payday Friday to get it but I can't wait to play it. 2 more days for me. :(

15. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Curtis, it doesn's save when you are on a mission. If you try to leave in game, you got a message asking if you really want to abort the game and warning that you are going to lose the save.

16. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Is the price of this correct in the uk? As it says £7.99 but the description says it should be $7.99. Usually the GBP price isn't the same as the USD?

17. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I died in the tutorial. The controls are incredibly floaty, there seems to be a delay between input and execution, and swinging my weapon seems spotty.

I'm gonna have to roll up my sleeves later and figure this thing out some.

18. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Brexit means brexit.

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Never a good thing to die in a tutorial LOL but I cant wait to dive in later!