Death Rally [Releasing on March 31st]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by runformoney1110, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeyeman9

yeyeman9 Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Any ETA on the release date?

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Not enough love for a classic like this!?
    Not nice

3. yeyeman9

yeyeman9 Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I know, it looks pretty awesome doesn't it?

4. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    One thing that I don't like that much is that the camera seems pretty zoomed in. Is that just because of the trailer, or will the game look like that in-game?

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Game looks pretty good, will probably get it. Can't say I played the original, but I've played several games similar games to it and have enjoyed them.

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Now you may!

7. yeyeman9

yeyeman9 Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Nothing new on this baby?

8. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    I just found this thread. I'm pretty excited about it. Brings back memories. I'm sure it never looked as good as those screens do.

9. ipadlips

ipadlips Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    Awsome graphics :eek:...... lets see if this can kick reckless racing.....

10. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Reckless Racing is king when it comes to racing games on appstore. I hope this is at least as good, but since is developed by Remedy, I have high hopes.

11. sidetwo

sidetwo Well-Known Member

Hey guys! We've just released some new screenshots of the game on the official Death Rally Facebook page:
    http://facebook.com/deathrally

You might even spot a cameo from a certain agent from our recent game, Alan Wake!

We'll have some more information and media released next week as we'll be demoing the title off at GDC. Stay tuned!!

12. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Will Duke be in this like the original? I believe you could get new cars and maybe upgrade them as well?

13. sidetwo

sidetwo Well-Known Member

We haven't announced any other cameos, just yet :)

You can race and unlock new cars and upgrade them in this version as well, similar to the original.

14. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Awesome! Any info about price yet?

15. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Game looks better than I remember it. Perfect fit for iphone. Added to my Facebook likes.

16. mrsd

mrsd Member

I spent a lot of time playing this on the PC. Can't believe it's fifteen years ago!

Good to see it getting the re-born treatment!

(Please get the controls right) :)

17. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    mrsd: Great controls and overall driving physics have been a top priority since the beginning. The gameplay has to be super smooth in a game like this! :)

Omega-F & ipadlips: Death Rally has a very different feel than Reckless Racing. The controls and camera are different. It's not exactly what I would describe as "Reckless Racing with guns". Our cars have more traction and because of that they're more responsive and it helps you to aim your guns better. You can slide corners but the car doesn't _always_ slide like in Reckless Racing. And of course you can kill the other drivers in DR, there's no instant resurrections here! :D

In terms of visuals & framerate it's easier to do direct comparisons. After the most recent optimizations and changes I think we're doing pretty well in that regard - especially car detail:

[​IMG]

There's half a dozen brand new screenshots that we're gonna show you next week, so stay tuned!

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    oh wow I didn't know it was you working on this game!
    that makes me want it even more. :)

19. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I might buy this game but without multiplayer, the tracks and AI better be pretty good and have decent depth...also will we be able to customize the cars paint jobs or anything besides weapons?

20. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

from the comparrison screenshots I can see that Death Rally has the better 3D moddels while Reckless Racin has the better textures. (The ground textures in Death Rally could be a little better!).

Still, I think I'll enjoy this game alot more than RR, because it doesen'T have the annoying Redneck style, right? Oh, and there are weapons! :D