Universal Death Rally - (by Remedy Entertainment and Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 30, 2011.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #1021 CygnetSeven, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    I really liked this one. When it first came out I was hooked for several weeks. There is a leveling aspect that some can see as a freemium aspect but it didn't hinder my enjoyment of a stick based racer set in a death match. Buy it and if you don't like it I'll owe you one! :D

Edit: I never played multiplayer.

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Single player is great. It's really only multiplayer that suffered from the IAP issues.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bit of an old game this but i re-installed it recently and i'm loving it again.

I know it has IAP's etc but after just 2 hours of playing last night i had a great car and didnt have to buy anything for it via IAP

A lot of good maps to play on, can either try to win races or take them all out before the end of the race. I'm going to try to max out my car before taking on 'duke nukem'

Hadnt played this in ages but its staying on my device now. Still looks very good despite being quite 'old' now in iOS years

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hopefully there's a sequel someday.

5. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

Anybody up for a game of multiplayer? I'm tired of beating Slamraman consistently.

6. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I payed for this game and than it got freemium with iap's. Not, what I like. I wish the old Version would be downloadable too.

7. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Just got updated with iPhone 6 & 6+ support plus mfi. Single purchase IAP.....even though I already paid for it. Oh well. Glad they're at least keeping up with it.

8. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have version 3.01. Is this a free to play or not? Do you suggest to update?
    Thank you.

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Well payed full price, restored career, yet can't restore IAP, which is the full game I bought at day one. Thanks devs for screwing your paid customers who supported you.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The full game you bought had a price-tag. It wasn't IAP, even though it did have some sort of consumable IAPs that I can't even remember. This just has a full game unlock with no other purchases. I think it's a fair trade and don't feel one bit ripped off considering I bought this...what? 5 years ago? At least new life has been breathed into the game.

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    What's interesting is I bought the game at launch and later when they added IAP I purchased The Mightyfoot and Flamethrower IAP to continue supporting the developer. Now when I downloaded the updated version today and tried to purchase the full unlock, it tells me I already have the full version unlocked and won't let me purchase anything else to try to support the developer for this nice new update. Oh well but a BIG Thank You to Remedy and Cornfox Bros for this nice new update.

12. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    $3 for MFi support on one of my favorite games??? Heck yeah!!!! Thank you dev for your continued support! One of the best just got better.

13. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I do agree with this. I paid a pittance back in the day and loved it and then went back at Christmas to play multiplayer with my boy so have had more than my money's worth. Now I can re download and have MFI support and do not mind paying one more single unlock IAP. Would love MFi on Minigore now (the first one).

14. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

As usual the let for a touchscreen device is that the controls are too difficult.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Disagree. Just takes practice. I've 'completed' this game a few times by getting my car well over 100%. My cars at the maximum and it's great

16. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Agreed, Not finished it but I had most cars maxed out. One of my all time favorites.

17. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

It's just hard for me to slide your finger across the little circle when all my life I've been used to pressing/tapping buttons.

18. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Can someone fill me in on how to get the gamepad to work? I have a Moga rebel and I get nothing. Asphalt 8 is fine