Universal Death Rally - (by Remedy Entertainment and Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Not sure if this was in response to my post, but I wasn't saying I don't like the IAPs - just the way they implemented them. My understanding from others' posts (I haven't played far enough to see for myself) is that in multiplayer, you CAN'T earn everything from just playing the game. In fact, you can only earn about 1/3 of the cars and weapons - all the low end ones. Thus, those who pay will get a considerable advantage, not to mention that it takes away half the fun (earning everything). In fact, I'd actually play the game LESS if I spent money on it to buy everything. As of now, I no longer play it because I know I won't be able to get very far (in addition to the fact that I'd be racing against players much more powerful than I).

So what I'm saying is they should allow players to earn everything if they want to but ALSO allow the payers to buy the items if they prefer it that way.

Single player is completely different - yes, there you can earn everything (except the flamethrower), so I don't have any problems with that. However, I'm pretty much done with single player, having gotten all my enjoyment from it already.

2. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Could we get at least the laser sight unlock able through playing?

3. Unreal

Unreal Active Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I bought the game when it first came out for 4.99 and never regretted a day at that price. With the addition of multi and the prices of cars and weapons to go with it, has me putting it aside and I no longer play it. If I am going to spend this kind of money on a game I can go back to console gaming. :(

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    What's new in Version 2.1

We've made adjustments to the multiplayer experience:

Everyone gets free set of multiplayer battle modifiers!

+ Easier access to multiplayer.
    + Race record hud display fixed.
    + Laser sight bug fix.
    + Fixed bugs related to resetting single player and multiplayer careers.
    + Fixed bug that disabled battle modifier selection after visiting the game center tab.

5. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I really don't understand the single player progression, if there is any, in this game . I am presented with a series of races that always seem to be the same with none of the stages showing that I beat them ( finished first) , any cut scenes, even basic ones, or anything .am I missing something here ?

Well the game is great looking but really not fun at all anyway...

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Unless they changed it, I believe the way you progress is by finding pieces of vehicles and weapons on the track while you race and slowly upgrade everything until they are maxed out, and then you get to fight the final boss guy.

7. Killerclown56

Killerclown56 New Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Multiplayer

Is it possible to play against a friend of mine over the Internet on Ipad2 ? We are in separate houses using separate connections

8. Bamboo

Bamboo Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I'm confused why is everybody hating this game after the update, what was the update? Ironically updates always seem to make games worse, like (IMO) Road Trip, Tiny Tower, Zenonia 4, etc.

I managed to get this game for free today, it seems awesome just I don't like the fact I have to start again for multi. :/ I'm looking forward to Oceanhorn, hopefully. ANY TIPS FOR DEATH RALLY?

9. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Friends mode advice

Hi Killerclown!

You can play with your friends, globally - just use the "Friends" mode. I'll explain how!

> Open Death Rally
    > Change to Multiplayer mode from top-right corner of the screen.
    > Select last item from the race menu called "Friends".
    > Game asks you to give Friends Channel name. Come up with your own channel name and tell this Channel name to your friend, who uses it in his game.
    > Play with "Friends" race icon and you and your friend get into same matches!

Additional information
    - Friends mode automatically loop levels for you and your friends.
    - You can always change Channel name later from Game Center menu.
    - There is no player limit. Thousands of people can join your channel, but matches are played with four people, still it's fun to have lot of friends joining up. We play friends mode here in the office, together with Mountain Sheep guys.
    - Friends mode is synced with device clock, so make sure you and your friends device is set to get global time from internet.

-Heikki

10. sidetwo

sidetwo Well-Known Member

#990 sidetwo, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    Hey gang,

A new Death Rally update has hit the App store!

What's New in Version 2.3
    ★ New multiplayer Duke Match - Confront the King with your friends or other online racers in this multiplayer death match!
    ★ Support for the new iPad - If you have the new iPad, this is the game you want!
    ★ Easter eggs to be picked up around the tracks - Celebrate the festive season by heading on an easter egg hunt!
    ★ Rewards for daily replay - Now you have even more incentive to hit the track with daily rewards!

Also to celebrate the upcoming festive season we've also reduced the prices on many of the Multiplayer in-app weapons and cars to give you a bit of a head-start in kicking some a** this Easter! ;)

Enjoy!

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is it possible to use this mode to do arena battles with pals without the involvement of Duke and other AI players? (I've long requested a true arena battle mode for Death Rally, further back in this thread, so here'sto hoping this is it.)

(Should you ever get around to it, a Duke match minus the Duke would also be a great feature for single player. The involvement of a vastly more skilled and well-equipped opponent like the Duke throws the whole arena concept off balance for me.)

12. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    #992 bastband, Apr 2, 2012
    Since I updated on my iPad 3rd gen, the game loads then a band comes across the screen and says 'LOCKED'. I have a button that says 'IMMEDIATE ACCESS', but touching anywhere on the screen does nothing, totally locked. Music and an animated arrow to pick tracks,nothing else......
    Tried hard re-set, no good. Anyone else got problems?

13. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    I don't have your problem, but the update did reset my "fame" to 0 and locked a bunch of vehicles and weapons I had previously unlocked. This is on an iPad 2, too scared to update on my iPod just yet. P:

14. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Please beware with this app. It has cost me very dearly. A seemingly untested update locked up on my iPad, nothing else to do but delete and reinstall. A lot of money wasted on iap's.

15. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I just updated on my iPad 3 and lost all game data. Some of the assets in the game aren't retina standard either. I'd wait for a new patch!

16. sidetwo

#996 sidetwo, Apr 2, 2012
    Sorry to hear you are having these problems guys. We're looking into resolving this as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, does restoring your progress help resolve the issue for any of you? You can find the option to do that in the Game Center menu.

You can also restore your IAP's from the Store menu.

17. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Ah thank goodness! Yes it came back, thanks

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Might you have an answer to my question as well, posted just a few posts up on the same page? :)

19. sidetwo

@lord-sam: Great! Glad it worked for you.

@Ayjona: At the moment the Multiplayer Duke Match functions where you and your friends will be able to battle against Duke and against each other in a destruction-derby style deathmatch.

Unfortunately, there's no way to customise whether Duke or AI will join the match and have a pure arena match with friends but I'll forward your request to the team :)

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Considering I've requested this feature several times before in this very thread, there's a chance they already have it, but I suppose a reminder might sit well ;) Thanks!