Universal Death Point (by Andiks Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Aug 25, 2017.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Mostly, the enemies react ridiculously quick and pick up on the player a little too easily. The detection triggers so fast there is literally no way to prevent having to do that section of the game again. There's not much opportunity to retreat or hide to allow the alert to decrease and proceed. And because you can't actually see the enemy in most situations, this awesome lighting effect used very creatively as a radar of sorts turns into it's major setback in it's current iteration. It's "I saw you for a nonsecond" and then exactly one nanosecond later you're being shot at and then it's game over. This would be the type of game to gradually make more complex situations. Yes level 1 is easier than any level after, but my point is great games draw people in with a gradual learning curve, and then (like in a good book with a rising action) you build up to more difficult scenarios. In a word, pacing.....a good dose of pacing to make a more natural learning curve and invite the player to move forward would be welcomed.

- CHIEF

2. Boboy

Boboy Active Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Very Hard!

This Game is very very hard! He needs an update with Easy difficulty!

3. AndiksLtd

AndiksLtd Member

Aug 28, 2017
    What exactly is hard?

4. AndiksLtd

AndiksLtd Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I've got you. We start to think about different difficulty levels, but first we need to upgrade all our platforms and add cloud save system.

5. Wolf Cookie

Wolf Cookie Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Yes! Please add cloud save feature!

6. adiascar

adiascar New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Penthouse level broken?

Hi,

This is a fantastic game. It is frustrating at first, but once you accept the fact that you'll have to die many times to figure out the puzzle, it's fun.

I reached the penthouse, and got past the video sequence, where I'm now supposed to defend the perimeter. I'm stuck. If I try to get out, I'll be shut by the automatic machine guns, and I have nowhere else to go. Any hints?

By the way, I second the request for more checkpoints (for example, I've found none in the Penthouse level yet). Also, include the checkpoint in the level save. If I reach the second checkpoint in a level, I'd like to come back to that checkpoint after I close the game and come back to it the next day. In this version, I get back to the beginning of the level (i.e.: I lose the checkpoints).

7. AndiksLtd

AndiksLtd Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Sale and update!

Hi everyone!
    I have 2 news and both are good :)

1. We are do not showed any activity here, because we worked hard on this update and i think a can say, that this is most optimized version. We know about issues related to "dark places" that can drop FPS, we need to re-write shader and test it as accurate as we can :) Anyway a lot of you will see the big difference with new toggle named "Reflections", it can be very useful if you have some troubles with FPS. Also we made a levels partition ( hello 1Gb RAM) , now you must not have any problems with "auto-closing" of the game.

Here are quick changelog :
    - Levels are optimized for devices with 1GB RAM.
    - Fixed bugs
    - We add new settings: Reflections. It can be very useful if you have low FPS. Toggle off reflections can give you approx +30% of your current FPS.

2. Second news - we are getting into sales madness and from 24 - 27 Nov we are making 50% price reduction!

As always we want to know what you think about this update, we are reading all feedback and analyse it. Thank you!

P.S. We do not forgot about cloud saves and difficult levels :)

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Two things prevent me from removing this game from my watchlist and actually purchasing;

Lack of difficulty settings.
    Lack of ability to hard save mid misssions.

Hopefully both of those concerns are being looked at.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    went to reinstall this from my offloaded folder and saw it was removed....

sad sad day.

10. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    What a shame. I wonder why it’s gone; it works fine.