Universal Death Coming (by Sixjoy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Mar 14, 2018.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow....absolutely loving this. Doesn’t anyone feel just a bit evil for all the killing though Lol

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Haha! I hear you, but after dealing with ID10T problems all day, it’s satisfying lol

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    A little...
    What was that game... Continue?9876543210!!!! - it made me wonder what happens to pixels when they're exiled from life in a video game. =P

4. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #24 Saucepolicy, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    The closest comparison I can make is Party Hard Go with some important distinctions:

1. You have no avatar, you only control the environmental hazards, aka "death traps"
    2. The order in which you trigger traps or take out specific people has repercussions on your ability to get 100% completion (you only need about 2/3 of the souls to unlock the next stage.) Some traps cannot be triggered without doing some other task first, like disposing of a guard standing in front of a valve you need to access. It gets pretty involved and that's where a lot of the challenge comes from.
    3. There are weather changes that affect the environment and trap availability. For example, there's a two-part trap involving manhole covers and a patch of ice. You need to open the manhole covers before a blizzard comes in or they'll be frozen shut when you're able to create the ice patch.
    4. There are three "high value targets" on each level. They have the more elaborate requirements to kill, often three or more interim steps.

Like Party Hard, police will show up in the form of angels as you kill more and more people. If you have a trap selected when they fly by, you'll lose a heart. Lose three and its game over. It's more challenging than it sounds, because it takes two taps to trigger a trap, so you're often hovering your finger over a selected trap to catch a victim at the right time.

There is also, strangely, a bonus level that's like a castle defense game. Reap as many angels in the alotted time. Certain angels either power up your weapon or add more time. Once 100 get past you or the timer runs out, the stage ends.

Unfortunately, there's less than you think. Levels are designed so that you have to follow a particular order to get 100%. Once you know it, the only reason to replay a level is if you mess up on the timing. That said, there's a lot of content and figuring out the golden path gets more and more challenging.

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, thank you for all of that.
    =X

As for the replay value - I (yes, unfortunately) figured that out after posting.
    But yes - still plenty of content and gameplay, even with it only having 6 stages.

6. Boboy

Boboy Active Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Language

Have the portuguese Language?

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The latest update says that fixes for multiple languages were implemented and Portuguese is on the list of supported languages.
    =D

8. MxCarnage

MxCarnage Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Adjusting sound?

Really loving the game! Would be great if they could make some kind of rewind button like in Slayaway Camp. Maybe not allow use on first play through and give a penalty for using it (e.g lose souls / points or no high score rating). Or perhaps create a separate sandbox mode for it. I’d love to figure out best killorder this way and of course be able to let the mortals suffer endlessly by dying over and over and over again in increasingly creative ways...

As for the sound, I like the music and sfx but the voiceover not so much. An option to disable him would be appreciated.
    Furthermore, there seems to be a bug in the sound settings menus. Either in game or from the main screen I’m unable to alter the sound of the music or sfx. Only the iPad hardware button changes the volume level.

9. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Sync

Does anybody know if games sync between iPhone and iPad? Can I play on my iPad then continue the same game on my iPhone?

Thanks!

10. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Re: thanks for reply

Okay, thanks for the input saucepolicy and synthetic void. This game looks right up my ally...if it has a decent number of levels to it, I’m in, looks like a fun puzzler.

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015

I believe.

12. SkyyBoy

SkyyBoy New Member

Mar 2, 2014
    does this game support the iPhone X resolution, or are there black bars on the screen?

13. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Supports iPhone X

14. Threepwood

Threepwood Member

Nov 15, 2014
    100% agree on your points. It is a fun little game, but after playing it a bit my main issue is with the RNG. The levels are quite easy to pass, so the fun lies in getting a perfect score. But that seems left to chance unfortunatl. One missed target and you might as well restart.

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male