Universal Dead Venture (By Dogbyte Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 7, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have to agree with all you suggest. I'm playing the story again, but instead of trying to do it in less days, I'm trying to maximize every vehicle and weapon before going onto the next one.

A free roaming mode in the unlocked areas where you'd have to survive as long as possible and being able to get down of the vehicle to find fuel if you run out of it (let's say with a 2-minute counter to find it and get back to the car) would be just awesome.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #42 LordShad0wz, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    A while back this same dev team released Blocky Highway. I absolutely loved and STILL love that game. I spent plenty of money in that game. You can tell when a dev team cares about the games they make. If you haven't yet played that game you really should give it a whirl.

I was then invited into the beta for this game, realizing it was the same team as Blocky highway I got really excited. As said previously and I will keep saying it this game does NOT disappoint. It's more than worth the money they are asking for. That's the honest truth. You will get hours of enjoyment. You can see the amount of time the devs took on every aspect of the game. From the artwork to the game and economy balancing.

I'm extremely happy to support Dogbyte. Again these are the people we should support and who I want to give my money to. The moment the game was released I removed the beta and purchased the game. I always put my money where my big ass mouth is hehe.

Billy

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Well said Billy, their games are so worth the money and so much more. Love them guys lol

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Here's a forced bug: in the level where you have to blow up the fuel stations, if you go to the waterfall on the top part of the map, climb it, continue going up and climb the second waterfall, you'll get to the other side. Continue going away from the map and it'll disappear eventually and you'll fall endlessly until the fuel ends.

This only happens when the level is fully loaded with weapon crates. If there are not many weapon crates, the invisible wall is correctly loaded and you can't go to the other side.

Btw, @Collin: this has allowed me to see that if you're not accelerating, the fuel gauge moves slower than if you're accelerating, so in the end, you can stop strategically while you're setting barrels and bomb cars and wait for them to explode.

Attached Files:

5. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Sceptical at first and definitvely loving it after ten minutes ! This no brainer is a pure fun game !

And no iaps or ads !!! Loving this devs ! Make a favour for yourself : go buy and play this game !

6. deathcorelover

Jun 16, 2016
    Great...
    Can't buy it because it says there are changes being made on it in the AppStore.
    Since hours!
    Definitely buying it for this price, though!
    If even possible

7. Lightlii

Lightlii Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #47 Lightlii, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    I didn't dare to complain about this problem......again.
    Been having it too. Let's see how many days I have to wait this time before I can buy...SMH
    :rolleyes:

wow, I'm stunned, worked for me just now. Try again, if you haven't already.

8. spedav

spedav Active Member

May 24, 2011
    #48 spedav, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Been tryin to buy all day. Got that message this morning and it's now after 7pm here and still getting it... Was hoping to pick it up on sale but whatever. Hopefully gets fixed soon. Looks like a fun game and I liked some of the devs other titles.

Edit: Tried it again twice in a row, errored the first time but let me DL the second... So if anyone else having the same problem try a couple times in a row and see if that works.

9. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Me too(
    It's about 15-17 hours

10. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Shame people are having trouble buying it because it really is a cracking little game.

11. dogbytegames

dogbytegames Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Sorry for your trouble purchasing the game, we have no clue why it's not working. Hope it gets fixed soon.

12. chanandler

chanandler Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I am the Director of Aesthetics and Cosmicatology.
    UK
    Ive been trying for a few days now to buy this. Keep getting the same 'item being modified' message. Any idea when it will be sorted?

13. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Finally! Bought!

14. dogbytegames

dogbytegames Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Try to restart your device, it may fix the issue.

15. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Alright! Bought it couple months back and just got around to play it. Finished it in one sitting with about 3 hours.

Controls are well done, graphics are good and the game runs super smooth. Writting is good enough with some good humor and I enjoyed the story till the end.

Upgrading feels ok and completing objectives is fun as well. The achievements are plenty and some are pretty hard to complete. If you go for those the game can get pretty difficult in the story, if don't then consistent damage on bosses etc guarantees that you will kill those eventually, as well as most other objectives. Mission variety is just enough for the campaign length.

Overall I really enjoyed my time with the game but would love more content. Survival and time trials are small time wasters, but nothing really meaty.

4/5

16. sniperx77

sniperx77 Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Anyone else having trouble with iCloud saving for this game in ios10? I can't get this to sync between my iPhone and iPad, it used to work in iOS 9.

17. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    This game is now free.

18. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    With premium unlock. Previous purchasers get the unlock for free.

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I'll try it...

20. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thank you Dogbyte for keeping it classy and giving us early adopters the premium package! You guys are one of the pioneers of iOS developing.