Universal Dead Venture (By Dogbyte Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 7, 2016.

1. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Fully Premium no ads no iaps, insta-bought, runs a bit hot on my 6S though(anyway to fix this? Thanks!), great game, wish the best to the dev:)

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This is a fantastic premium game. Great upgrade system and tons of missions.

How do you unlock the next car?

3. dogbytegames

dogbytegames Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    You will unlock it in a mission.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Soon as I played the video for a few seconds I knew I had to have this! Looks really fun and I think the music fits this game to a tee! Dig it! Premium? What?! Looks like we have a winner on our hands! #

5. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015

The game did detected the mfi controller at the main menu ( nimbus by steel series )

However it doesn't work after the menu page. I was disappointed , eta on update for proper mfi controller support and iCloud support ?:confused:

6. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Tremendous fun all the way. Nice progression and difficulty curve (you really have to work at a few of those missions), achievable achievements, splendid graphics and a great sense of obliterating everything in sight.

My perfect pick up and play for this week :)

Bravo.

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yea I am trying to beat that first boss still! Lol

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Got to admit this isn't normally my kind of thing but I thought I'd give it a go and I'm really enjoying it - proper quality premium tackle.

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Really enjoying this game, tons of fun. Just unlocked the 2nd car

Question, is there anyway to restore health or pick up more gas while in the middle of a run?

10. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    How come this game only support mfi controller b button on the main menu lol

It need iCloud and proper Mfi controller now . My thumbs are hurting

11. dogbytegames

Mar 22, 2012
    Hi, it must be a glitch we are looking into this.

12. dogbytegames

Mar 22, 2012
    You can restore health on some levels (look for little health packs with red cross on it), you can't restore fuel, but second and third car has much more fuel than the first one.

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Awesome thank you. Any thanks for being so responsive in the thread.

14. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm loving it, but my only complaint is how fast the levels end; even with the fuel and armor fully upgraded. I wish there were health and fuel pickups,scattered around. Other than that, I don't have much to complain about.

Edit: I would also like to be able to take my upgraded vehicles back though the levels from the beginning. Yes, it would be easy, but the fun is in the slaughter.

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I agree with this. I'd also like to see a mode where you're protecting the convoy, even if it were added as an endless mode....and flamethrowers, would love to see flamethrowers, multi-grenade launcher, and maybe some cool melee style weapon for the vehicle like big blades that fan out from each side or something along those lines. Loving this game though, absolutely good times.

16. dogbytegames

Mar 22, 2012
    Did you try the survival mode? Its all about slaughtering zombies almost endlessly.

17. dogbytegames

Mar 22, 2012
    Cool ideas! ;)

18. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I did try the survival mode. The arena was too claustrophobic for me to really enjoy it, although I only tried one arena.

Based on how I felt about Survival mode, what I would really enjoy is a "free roam" mode. Perhaps having it allow you to play the levels you've already opened in the main game, and in that mode provide repair kits and gas cans, ideally as drops when killing zombies instead of pre-placed items that run out.

It could also track how many supplies you gather from crates, to give incentive to pick them up. For further incentive, instead of starting with a fully loaded car, you can upgrade based on what you've gathered, instead of through money.

I've never understood games taking place after the collapse of civilization that require money for upgrades, beyond its the easy way to do it.

You could also be required to get back to the level's base to drop off what you've gathered; the bigger your vehicle, the larger your cargo space. If you get wrecked you lose what you're carrying.

Have your gas drain more like an actual vehicle. If you're at an idle rest, it slows down. If you drive fast, it drains faster. That would allow for more strategic driving.

Total wish here: if you run out of gas, you can leave the car and try to get more on foot, or hoof it back to base. That would allow the introduction of things like hand guns, shotguns, swords, body armor, etc.

The longer I play this game, the more I'm enjoying the engine. I just wish it was running a deeper game.

Not that I regret getting it. I can't think of any other game I've bought recently for $1.99 that I've played as much. I'm really appreciating the fact that it doesn't have IAP, or any of the crap that comes along with so many games these days. I'm just hoping that you'll make a deeper sequel at some point; I would buy it in a heartbeat.

19. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    Ok just figure it out this game have cloud save supportée

I will try out the steelseries nimbus again later

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks TA veterans for suggesting this one. I wouldn't have jumped in if it weren't for your comments. It's amazing, and surprisingly enough it plays amazingly well on my old 4S with iOS 7.1.2. :)