iPad DEAD TRIGGER 2 - (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by xiSx, Oct 23, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    At work, but played a quick mission and runs perfectly fine. Buttery smooth and downright amazing graphics. Can't comment on the freemium model yet, but iOS 6 users should be good to go from what I can tell.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks... Sounds good. I'll download diretly on the ipad when i get the chance later.

3. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    So, stupid question (granted, not as stupid as whether or not there are IAPs in a "free" game...;))...

If I download the iOS version, I'm guessing I'm probably stuck with that version, right? In other words, no patches, updates, etc. until I get a new phone and subsequently iOS 7, right?

DBC

4. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Madfinger already said it doesn't work on iOS 6. You can install it and play a while but I couldn't progress past the toolbox mission.

5. Heys guys, there are missions after the toolbox one, right? Is it the big bug with iOS 6 as I haven't been able to get past it

6. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I'm impressed with how this is going so far,the game runs great but has a small amount of frame rate dips,and I have had 2 crashes but those were far apart and I hadn't rebooted my iPod. I'm liking the melee weapons,blueprints make you less OP so that's good. And I hope I'm not the only one who is more comfortable playing with the old manual shoot and ads controls,though the new controls could be useful for people who don't play iOS games too much. The indicator for when zombies are getting close is much better than the radar in the first game,and the special infected provid a fun challenge. I love the sentinel missions personally,but that's cause I love sniping in anything I guess. I'm having fun with this so far,and this isn't pay to win either. You just need to have a little patience when upgrading something. Gold is there for buying special boosts that so far you don't really need. And you can skip the waiting time for upgrades but I'm perfectly fine with waiting. It's freemium done right I suppose

7. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I'm into hating timers as much as the next guy. The timers in this are the same as IB3, they are for upgrading items, they never stop you from playing the game... From what I've seen. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

8. unicowz

unicowz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    to MADFINGER GAMES ,

why ios 7?, there are alot of people who run ios 6 and want to play the game
    srsly i waited for weeks and now i get this?,im sad right now because i really wanted this game, so i hope you will have ios 6 in mind for your next games ......

9. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Why don't download it directly from you're device instead a computer?if you download from device it's let you install The iOS 6 version

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    If you install a game through the AppStore in your device, you need free space for both the compressed .ipa file and for the uncompressed folder, while with iTunes you only need free space for the uncompressed folder.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #71 Exact-Psience, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    Well, tried it on the 4S, iOS7.x, but i cant get past "Authentication in progress" using my DT1 login.

Are we required to open a new accoutn? cant we use our previous Madfinger logins?

12. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I don't think the iOS 6 version is intended, it's just part of how iTunes works when people try to download files now.

You can disable the feature but I have never looked into it myself since I am still developing a game, but don't expect the iOS 6 version to stick around.

13. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Same here. Probably the servers are getting hammered, or you need to make a new DT2 account? Not sure, the info is a bit vague...anyway I'll just try it tomorrow.

14. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Just tap play,it let me log in just fine with mine at the main menu. When it said it authenticated I just hit play

15. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    I have ipod 4G too and it wont let me download an older version..it says the game needs ios7 and my options are to cancel or to upgrade and of course i cant upgrade to ios7 so there is no way for me to download the game

16. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I've logged in with my all time madfinger account. Maybe is a server issue for now.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Made a new DT2 account. After it said "creating account" it went to "Authentication" and it got stuck there again. o_O

18. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Man im impressed wif dis game great job

19. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    iOS7 only? really??
    Well, well... how to leave 37% possible IAP buyers in the cold. that's a weird choice Madfingergames...

20. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    So... This isn't a global online game?