DEAD TRIGGER $0.99 -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Vigram, Aug 1, 2012.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yup. Pretty much how I feel.

2. Crazyname

Crazyname Active Member

May 12, 2012
    I would also have zero problems if a game was freemium, but instead of gouging it had a couple things to spend a few bucks on. Like $1 for increased xp gain, $1 for increased money gain, and $1 for unlimited access to whatever the game has to offer. $1 is a bit low but $10 is a tad excessive. I think freemium games try to get too much from their audience. If freemium games had a $5 spending ceiling then I'd be playing Six-Guns and Dungeon Hunter 3 without a doubt.

3. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I wish I knew about this..... I regret buying this now. T--T

4. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    He speaks the truth. Yea i'd be playin six guns and dungeon hunter 3 too. -_-

5. DempseyRoll

DempseyRoll Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Do you know Any game that has the freemium quality like six guns, dead trigger and dungeon hunter 3?

6. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    i really hope you're not trying to form a rebuttal out of that obvious question.

CSR Racing, Gun Bros, Metalstorm, Any Glu game, almost 80% of games on Top Grossing

i'm not really upset that i paid 99c for this. i'm upset by the freemium model this game was initially launched on. there is so much potential in the appstore, but the IAP model plagues and it holds it back. Because i'm doubtful that the population can do anything, i'm hoping that Apple is bright enough to recognize this soon.

7. Good game, great graphics, and great gameplay, highly recommended.

Now gotta go download the update and see how many coins they give to us early adopters. Hope it's fair.

8. GameGuy64

GameGuy64 New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Zombies, right

Real neat, gives me my Resident Evil fix on the run, and free-er is better. When does Walking Dead start up again? ;P

9. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Haven't seen what's new in the update. But the point of freemium is exactly the above. Getting people to "invest" in the game instead of having a fixed price point. You're supporting freemium by "investing" in it right?

10. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Well I honestly hate IAP's I rarely buy anything in game but since I bought the game one the release day I thought it clearly deserves more than a dollar so I bought a few IAP's just to support the developers and didn't see that one coming :(

11. wakaranai

wakaranai Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    They set certain expectations by giving the game a price tag, and now they've blindsided a good chunk of their users.

I haven't played to see if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay has been modified to make for a longer grind. The F2P model is generally different than the premium one.

12. Wow Dead Trigger is on Free app a day, guess they will be getting a lot of publicity. Wonder if they will be on Apple's free app for the week, next week.

13. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I've pretty much lost almost all faith in mobile gaming. I have no intentions of buying anymore games other than the really huge titles, true premium games like Infinity Blade Dungeons and um, hmmm yeah. Almost every single game I've bought has gone freemium or became free for a awhile. Developers are looking for something to blame for their lack of sales? I think a big part of it is because of the all the idiotic low pricing and especially making games free for a day or 2 or for a week or turning their once premium titles into another lame freemium sellout. It lowers the overall quality of the idea of buying premium games in the AppStore and it gets the thought in everyone's mind about what to expect to pay and I know many who just wait it out for games to go free instead. The market has become ridiculous because of this and too many now are sadly not willing to pay a great game unless it drops to 99 cents. All these 99cent and free deals seems great for the consumer, but in the end has been destroying a market that could have been great. Sigh, maybe it's time to go back to console gaming...at least I know the quality will still be great.

14. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    Agree, i'm new to the scene but have a huge log of temp games gone free. I buy games I want to play from the main companies where they won't go free.

I thought I read that many of these smaller gaming sites make apps free to get download clicks/reviews, which then they get a small cut of apple funds for being on itunes.

Always looking for great games, any other great premium games you can recommend beside "Infinity Blade"? thanks!

15. neo_

neo_ Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    It went to Free couple days back on Android too due to high piracy rate. None the less, this game is awesome but I still think Shadowgun was their best one yet :)

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
  17. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Some off the top of my head...
    Uber Racer
    Galaxy On Fire 2 HD *Must Get*
    Crimson Steam Pirates
    Dead Space *MUST GET* - different game than the console ones, real console quality experience
    Dark Incursion
    Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars
    Mirror's Edge
    Doom Resurrection...best rail shooter in the appstore, only wish it was universal
    Ghost Trick (same as the Nintendo DS game)
    Shantae
    Telltale games (Sam & Max, Walking Dead, Monkey Island Tales, Back to the Future, Hector)
    Machinarium
    City of Secrets
    Mission Europa Collector's Edition
    Swordigo
    Hunters 2

...and if you have little cousins or young ones around, Microsoft's Kinectimals is really good...yeah it's the Xbox 360 game, it works to keep them quiet for me :/