"Dead space" - the perfect console type iOS game .

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fulcizombie, Feb 9, 2016.

1. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    So I am replaying dead space on my iPad air 2 , yes without sound , and I am still marveled at how iron monkey nailed it , in 2011 , and how nobody has come close to that . The controls....perfect . They combined everything , normal console type controls , touch controls, even gyroscope and yet it just worked fine . On the big iPad screen it controls like a dream . The graphics still hold up . It was so far ahead of the competition when it was released , it wasn't even funny . Comparing it to what gameloft was releasing at that time isn't even worth it, gameloft's efforts looked like a joke . The gameplay , a true dead space on your iOS device ...and this is a 2011 game we are talking about .

Iron monkey made some good games after that (mass effect infiltrator, need for speed most wanted ) but they never nailed the gameplay and controls as well as they did with dead space, though graphically all their games hold up nicely .

Too bad that we never saw something similar on iOS again , something like dead space with 2015-2016 graphics would be amazing . An example of how iOS gaming has become much worse compared to how promising it looked a few years back on devices that are primitive compared to what we have today ....

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    People say Implosion is great. Never have played, though.

3. fulcizombie

Dec 17, 2011
    Implosion is just a polished top down game , doesn't even compare with what dead space represented for iOS gaming in 2011 .

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, Dead Space is just a polished third person shooter game. :D

5. fulcizombie

Dec 17, 2011
    Please point to me some better and newer 3rd person shooters on iOS . This is not ironic, I would love to buy them . The only one I can think of is shadowgun, another 2011 great looking game .

Anyway dead space represents of what iOS gaming should have been , IMO .

6. Deadpool6902

Deadpool6902 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Too bad they removed it, luckily I still have it on my iPod

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Implosion is amazing. I'm not sure what you're saying.

Implosion imo is the best premium hack and slash game on iOS. Dead Space imo is the best 3rd person shooter on iOS. Probably the biggest game that I loved that has been removed from the appstore. I guess EA really does prove why people hate them so much. They probably didn't want to spend money to keep maintenance on it so decided to just terminate it.

8. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Well, I reckon back in 2011, even though the iOS gold rush was done, the market then still wasn't as saturated as it is now. It's more so a question of being financially sustainable, as opposed to "do we have the technology for this?"

9. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Pretty much this. Between people don't want to spend on mobile games and Apple breaking games even with minor updates (which are often), don't make sense to invest a lot developing a game.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Exactly my point. Just because they're in different game genres dont mean one is ultimately better than than the other. Well, because opinions.