Dead Space by EA Mobile - Releasing 25th January

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Its possible, but imo unlikely because the game is rumoured to be only 5-6 hours and there is no multiplayer.

2. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Why in the world would you want multiplayer in Dead Space. This is the kind of game you want to play ALONE and in the dark, no less. 5-6 hours is plentiful if you don't include the bonus content (new game+, harder difficulty, etc). If the experience is anything like the console game the $9.99 is easily justified. The original Dead Space had about 8-12 hours of playtime for a single playthrough (but most people would likely play the game more than once).

3. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Yeah I know what you are saying but i just made an account. I'm not sure if im gonna get a card yet. No there won't be any multiplayer but I don't think it needs it really. And yeah 5-6 hours is good but for dead space I take my time. The first one on consoles was said to be 7-8 hours but I played through 13 hours. And so this might last me longer. A's for the console version I know I said ign gave it a 9.0 already. I'm thinking bout making a dead space 2 thread. Gonna pick it up in the afternoon on Tuesday and can't wait. I heard th SP is much longer; about 12 hours and very very engrossing. Also MP is nice and I'll play it since it's there but it wasn't really necessary as it wasn't going to beat like black ops multiplayer.

4. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Ahhh...I'm so happy that big companies are starting to take notice of ios gaming. This will be EA's best release yet. And I can't wait to see what Crytek does. Maybe they will make a development kit from Cryengine 3 or something. But in any case, Crysis 2 looks AMAZING and knowing Crytek they take their games very seriously, especially the graphics and physics. 2011 is going to be a great year. And by 2012 things should look pretty good in ios gaming.

5. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Oh I thought you had the card already.

It's funny how impatient iOS gamers are. Games from these big studios typically take only a few months to come out once they're announced, but console games can take up to a year of developement time, plus whatever delays and other issues may come up.

Instant gratification at it's finest :)

6. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    tomorrow at 11pm est i will be playing Dead Space on IOS cant wait

7. pablo6630

pablo6630 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    friend what is best and security way to buy NZ itunes gift card?

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    No you wont. You'll need to wait atleast a few minutes (or hours if you have an ultra fast super epic broadband @ 512kbps like mine) just to download it :p

9. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Ha mine used to be 50 kbps until I got a new one! PeoplePC ftw!

10. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    lol true

11. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Really? How can you even compare the two? A more accurate comparison would have been between it and L4D. I actually look forward to the multiplayer component. Sure, it's not necessary on the iOS version but it looks great on the console.

12. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I meant on the console version it is not necessary, it would be silly on iphone. second, you compare every game MP to a Call of Duty MP because that is the best MP experience or Halo, IMNS: try a gig a sec :) and Pablo, ypull have to llok that up.

13. Zazz

Zazz Member

Dec 1, 2010
    I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I'm just wondering...

Will this game support 2nd gen ipod touches? :S
    I have my doubts, watching the gameplay video...

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Yes.

15. Zazz

Zazz Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Oh wow! Then its an insta-buy for me! :D

16. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Is there a confirmed price yet?

17. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I've looked a few times, and there are sites out there that'll send you cards, but I've never tried. With my luck, the one I try will be a scam.

Plus, having a card shipped to you defeats the purpose of getting it, as the game will have been released already. I wouldn't mind having some money in my NZ account for the future though, there's some cool stuff on the horizon.

If anyone knows of an easier way, I'm all ears.

18. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Johno's comparison to L4D2 is a much better analogy than COD. Really, the only thing that is similar to COD and DS2 is that you shoot things. And I don't think that COD has the best multiplayer either.

19. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Is it going to have Game Centre?

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Probably not.