Universal Dead Run (by Twoplus Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 27, 2014.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I didn't even realize this was finally released in the U.S. I've been waiting for this.

2. Tuism

Tuism Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Designer @Twoplusgames
    Johannesburg
    Hey guys! :D

Sorry I hadn't updated here, it's been manic, I'm utterly surprised by how much work it is releasing a game!!

We have a release trailer!

It was released this past Sunday, while I was doing a Ludum Dare at the same time, so damn that was super hectic.

Enjoy it guys! I'm probably gonna make this the main port of call for Dead Run, I don't have my own forums set up yet, and this space has been pretty awesome, you guys are good people :D

All feedback welcome! :D

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I really like the feel of this game. So simple, but for some reason I keep coming back. And really cool achievements!

One problem I'm having is that my high score is not updating in Game Center. My best run was 34 people saved, and it's only showing 18 in Game Center.

4. Tuism

Tuism Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Johannesburg
    Hi @Anotherkellydown thanks so much for your compliments!

We are working on an update that makes sure achievements and high scores and such are updated later even when you're not online at the time of getting them - it was an oversight from our side. Apologies!

We are hoping to get the update up in submission very soon so it'll be approved before Christmas. Keep an eye on updates!

Thanks for Dead Running! :D

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Great news! I'll be checking for that update, thanks!

6. Tuism

Tuism Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Johannesburg
    Dead Run 1.0.4 update!

The 1.0.4 update is live!

[​IMG]

Update highlights:

> The fix for achievements acquired while offline
    > A clear hat button - revealing a secret mechanic
    > The Las Vegas achievement unlocked! 1.4 million zombies killed so far!

For more details check out the update:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dead-run/id914928184?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks for your support guys! :)

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I accidentally found this game during a forum search. Does anyone play this on an iPhone 6 running 9.2.1? Does it run ok? It's definitely my type of game!

Billy

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I just redownloaded this game to give you an answer. I'm on an iPhone 6, running iOS 9.2.1, the game plays flawlessly. This is a twitch based runner with a simple two button (swing/shoot) mechanic. It's fun and satisfying crushing zombie skulls, as is usually the case. :D

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #29 LordShad0wz, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Thank you Rich! It is very much appreciated you took time out to check for me.

Unfortunately I did go and purchase it and it's not working right. The bright side is I accidentally figured out a work around for the problem. So I won't have to do a refund. I did email the developers. What happens is when the game ends. If I press the retry button the game just hangs. It will not do anything. I am forced to force quit out and restart the app. What I figured out was if you instead tap the menu button it will bring you back to the main menu and then you can press play from there and it works fine. Hopefully they will read my email and address the issue.

Billy