iPad DEAD RISING MOBILE - by Capcom [$0.99] (v2.0 - New Area, Vehicle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 8, 2010.

1. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    This should not be your first Dead Rising game if you aren't already a fan. Playing through about an hour last night it's a really fun, albeit flawed version of the DR we've all come to love and know.

The graphics engine is workable, and looks MUCH better than Resident Evil. The game plays much closer to the actual console version than the RE port as well. There are plenty of graphical glitches but it's really to try and compensate by giving you the maximum amount of zombies on screen at once. If you turn around zombies will pop in all over the place, but it's incredibly noticeable.

You start off in the mall, and have a "safe zone" to go to to get new missions. There are no "survivor" rescue missions, mostly just go to X place and do X task. I've had a few where I need to go get certain items for people, or check on a guys car.

The good news is the weapons are mostly fun to use, the map is huge, you get books like in the console version to boost stats and it seems to have a decent amount of content in it.

The downside is there are no survivors to rescue, no dressing up in the mall and not nearly the amount of interactive items in the mall (no throwing pies in the faces of zombies booooo!)

I think fans of DR will enjoy this as it's a mini version that fits in your pocket, but like I said if you aren't already a fan this game most certainly won't change that!

+huge map
    +decent combat
    +stat boosting books are still in
    +decent amount of missions

-no survivor missions
    -no dressing up
    -graphical glitches/pop in

2. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is the save system as punishing as in the console version? I loved the game but almost destroyed my HDTV by throwing my controller at it when I died and to run across the whole map to start the mission again.

3. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You can tell by checking your space before and after install:

4. silentcorp

Aug 10, 2010
    You get one save slot so yeah, kind of.

Interesting thing is when you die it doesn't offer a "new game+" mode where you can carry over your PP and level. Not sure if thats an option, but it will be strange if not.

5. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    This game looks crap not buying it

6. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    unfortunately this seems to be a bad copy of the xbox game, that is boring...try to imagine the boredom of the original plus a bad porting...here comes this game

7. silentcorp

Aug 10, 2010

Actually it seems the few who actually purchased the game (you know, the only ones in the thread who've played it) are really enjoying it.

Same with the TouchArcade "hand on" preview. He said despite all the flaws the game is great fun.... and it is.

If you are a fan of the DR series than this is a decent port of the game, obviously stripped down a bit to fit on the platform.

I'd personally listen to people's opinions who have actually played the thing before hyperbole from the interwebs.

8. bLiNdSiDe

bLiNdSiDe Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Firefighter (Sergeant) / EMT
    Covington, GA
    not impressed

after playing the 360 version extensively, i'm not impressed.. bland and boring...

9. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    To be fair you were never gonna get the same game as the xbox versions could not handle all of the zombies on screen at once . To me that was one of the things that made the console version stand out along with the amount of weapons . Ive not played the ipod version but what i have seen it looks good for what it is , but its not for me for the above reasons .

10. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    Crapware... Don t even run on the ipad

11. silentcorp

Aug 10, 2010
    Runs just fine on mine, what ios are you using?

12. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Subliminal Messaging

[​IMG]

If you can get the joke you win.

13. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    It sucks.

I win :D

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    You got it! You win an internet hug!

[​IMG]

15. iJayCee

iJayCee Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 3, 2010
    Dead Rising Mobile, isn't the worst game I've played. Although, clunky controls, graphical glitches and an unpolished feeling plague this game, it is still a bit fun to play. The missions are, thus far, elementary. Here's to hoping they get harder. The overall feel of the game has potential. It just feels like Capcom didn't spend enough time on it. The controls annoy me just because I can't look up or down. The controls are nearly the same as Resident Evil 4 for iOS, without the targeting system. I was disappointed with the graphics and controls, but all in all, not the worst game ever, not even by Capcom.

16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Has it been confirmed yet that you can access the 'full' Megaman suit through achievements?

17. silentcorp

Aug 10, 2010
    Quit it, it's much better to simply look at screens/video's, speculate on the game and then trash it. There you go actually playing the game, forming a real world opinion... that just isn't what we are looking for on this forum clearly!

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    With as poor as the graphics on this look compared to other games (and I'm not referring to Infinity Blade or Rage, but just some of the run-of-the-mill app games), I'm very surprised that this won't run on a 2nd Gen iPod Touch. Oh well, doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

19. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Wait for a price drop then buy at 1.29. That's all it's worth but I find it really fun. Make sure you continue to do missions so you feel like your accomplishing something not just passing time.

20. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

It is not working on iPads with 4.2.1. I have tried it and it brings up a message that it will not work.

I notice that the iTunes desciption states it does not work on iPads, so I am not sure if they will change this or not.