Dead Rising (Coming this Holiday) (Screens)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ipadboy, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Agreed. It'll be cool to have a free-roaming zombie game on the iPhone, but it's not going to be the console version at all. The console game was made by the creativity, the feeling that no matter how many zombies are surrounding you, there's a way to kill them all, and the fantastic boss fights with the various psychopaths, all of which have different back stories and personalities. Honestly, it's one of the best games I've ever played, aside from the Metal Gear series and Dead Rising 2, which is shaping up to be incredible.

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Saw the video. I think this looks godawful. Dead Rising was crappy on the Wii because the lack of horse-power. Now Capcom put this on the iPhone? lol

Having 4 zombies around you instead of 100´s sure looks like fun.

3. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    This game barely looks like it's trying to even be a good-looking iPhone title. It's good for a mobile device, but we've seen much better textures, lighting, and animations lately. It doesn't look like they're trying hard enough. I hope this gets delayed since I really want it to be great, but it probably will only end up being somewhere around decent.

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah. I'll still buy it.

5. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I find it funny how half of you complain about the lack of zombies on screen whilst the rest complain about sub-par graphics, and some complain about both. If you improve the graphics the no. of zombies will probably fall; if you increase the number of zombies, the graphics will probably get worse.

6. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    but with the compatibility with newer device only,i think their not pushing it much
    i think that can run playable on my ancient iPhone
    well let's just wait,maybe those are just alpha version graphics ;)

7. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    When this will be out but i hope they change the character movements they look LIKE ROBOT !!! and attacking is bad is well and when he hit zombie he fly away like nothink this need definetly WORK !!! and online co-OP

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Watched the gameplay, it looks pretty cool. Not sure about those iffy trolly pushing controls however.

9. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Depends on the engine and the coders squeezing performance out of it, generally this is true however John Carmack would laugh at this notion. There are always creative ways to get just a bit more performance from an engine and I for one hold out hope that Capcom will not release a shelled out version of one of their flag ship next-gen titles.

10. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

Hope the savings not so unforgiving as it was when it first came out.

11. manyax111

manyax111 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    hate to say that but this looks like crap. controls are terrible graphics are horrible and places are empty. it needs more zombie and weapons around. also it looks like it can work on 2.gen devices. it should not need 3.gen devices+ on this state.

12. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    i dont really care but how did you steal my thread :O

13. legoshoes

legoshoes Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Looks like a watered down version of the console game... A watered down version of the wii version. I'mma give this a big fat miss.

14. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    The graphics look like crap. At least they could make it look as good as the Wii version...but no this is really bad.

15. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The Wii version costs a whole lot more than this game will. It doesn't surprise me if they don't optimize the graphics as much as they potentially could. They are only going to put so much developmental time and effort into a game that will end up selling for $10 or less. You want a true console-quality experience, then be willing to pay a true console-quality price. If you were willing to pay $20 or $30 for this game, then I'm sure it would look a heck of a lot better, but often times in life you get what you pay for.

16. xBLAGDARFx

xBLAGDARFx Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    i think the graphics look great, so shut up

17. Jake171

Jake171 Active Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #77 Jake171, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
    You guys need to consider that this is a very early stage in the game, and we could be seeing some huge improvements soon. You also have to consider the size of the game. The original Dead Rising was massive, so If they are porting the entire game, Its going to be HUGE. Other than that, I would love to see them have the vehicles in the game as well.

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    But, as always, a portion of selling console games is spent on actual production costs that are eliminated through digital distribution. Having to create each and every copy, not to mention the original cover art, instruction manual, disc art, etc., mass produce the game, and eventually market it, trying to estimate how many would actually buy the game as to not make too many or too few copies can add a lot to production costs. A lot of this can be ignored through digital distribution, as there is no need for instruction manuals, cover art, disc art, consumer estimation, or the cost of actually manufacturing and mass producing copies of the game. In essence, a company could be making the same profit from an App Store game as they would a console game.

19. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    support ipod touch 2g?

20. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    It doesn't say so, but I see no reason for it not to. It's definitely not the most graphically intensive game I've seen, and those ran on my iPod 2G fine. Plus, they have plenty of time to optimize the game before they release it, so I'm sure it should run on almost all devices by the time of release.