Dead Rising (Coming this Holiday) (Screens)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ipadboy, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    I can tell there might not be any survivors, except the ones in the story line (maybe) that you have to save.

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    As long as the gameplay is fine and they don't let up on the gore (although duplicating the amount that's in the 360 version would be tough), I'll be happy. It looks like it'll be a pretty good reproduction of the console version I loved so much. Let's just hope they make the best of their technology and make a fantastic game.

That said, I do wish they had used the RE4 engine. Even with several enemies on screen, the game never lagged, even on my 1G. Those graphics were phenominal, too. With the power of 3rd and 4th Gen devices, that engine could potentially produce a huge amount of great looking zombies. But, like I said, as long as the game is fun, no complaints here.

3. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    When you die, you turn into a Zombie and your facebook friend can kill you. But you dont actually see the zombie/control it ,only your friend kills it

4. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    This looks awesome!

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Looks good but the controls don't seem to be as responsive as something like Gangstar. Plus that run animation is hilariously bad.

6. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois

I do agree that gameplay is also important in a game, but I want to see some graphics that will make my buddies drool. I have a few friends that still don't consider the idevices as gaming options for mobile and stick to the psp/ds is the better system mentality for on the go gaming. I will admit that I like gameplay but want some great looking games too. That is one reason why my 3gs wasn't enough and I also got a ipod touch 4g for the beautiful retina display :)

7. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah also I don't like the way there is one virtual stick for moving and turning.
    I'd rather have a virtual stick for moving and swipe the screen for turning/aiming (Gameloft style).
    Hopefully there will be different control methods.

8. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Looks like it has the same controls as RE. Couldn't stand those controls.

9. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Oh, yeah! Hopefully they don't disappoint us like they did with Resident Evil 4 on the iPhone, the engine looks similar.

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I know what you're saying. It's almost like picking up a great game for the 360, but having it look like a PS1 game. It almost detracts from the game a bit. Nonetheless, as long as it gets everything it needs to across, I'm happy.

Has this been confirmed? It sounds like you're giving a lot of info that either hasn't been confirmed or is more or less baseless conjecture, which is something I must object to.

Also, is it confirmed that it's 3GS and up? It looks like it'd run on my iPod 2G no prob.

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    http://uk.wireless.ign.com/articles/112/1125416p1.html

12. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    where's the link?

^^sorry didn't see post above till posted. didn't know that someone posted link as I assumed that only the poster knew

also why does the first screenshot show dead rising 2 case zero. that's supposed to be the game dlc that is in-between dead rising and 2

13. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    doesn't look worthy of 3gs and up to me -_-

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The links right above you.

The first screenshot is a photoshop that somebody did back in April as an April fools. It shouldn't be in this thread.

15. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    That's pretty sick! As almost pointless as the zombie thing sounds, it's a pretty cool mechanic. Also, it just says that iPhone 3G isn't supported, meaning that there's a possibility for iPod Touch 2nd Gen support, seeing as it is a bit more powerful.

16. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    The next thing you know, Left 4 Dead will be out on the ipod

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    That'll be the day... Then again, we all doubted Dead Rising on the iPhone. I think that Valve only likes developing for Microsoft platforms, though.

18. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Left 4 Dead just got announced for Mac, so idk. Hopefully it does get released tho. There focusing the ipod into an "official" gaming system like psp/ds now.

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Hmm... with an announcement like that, it's a possibility. I just wonder how they'd get so many zombies on screen without tons of lag. Having less zombies just wouldn't make it Left 4 Dead anymore... Then again, I said the exact same thing for Dead Rising.